test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation Science Space Set

sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
With the space sets in the game so far, what is the best space set currently for a science exotic/ drain character? How does the Temporal compare to the Delta and the Solenase? I do a lot of solo and PvE content rather than team so I want survivability as well as exotic damage.I'm thinking Delta. That's a polaron based rep I believe.

Comments

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I use temporal, or 2 piece temporal + 2 piece competitive, or iconian.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Well, there really isn't a straight up "sci set", most have certain sci stats but no complete set for that stuff. Sci prowess comes mostly from (fleet)consoles and a bunch of universals depending on what direction you wanna go.
    Like the borg deflector has the highest CtrlX, Solanae has some good EPG & Drain values, etc. Pretty much the same goes for the weapon sets. Some add to sci builds but none is strong enough to carry one.
    It's pretty much about stacking the sh*it out of the sci stat you primarily use and go on from there.
    A lot of it depnds on what you build should do in the end.
    Here is the list of the Shield, Core,... sets and here the weapon sets.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Probably best right now is the Temporal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Well, there really isn't a straight up "sci set", most have certain sci stats but no complete set for that stuff. Sci prowess comes mostly from (fleet)consoles and a bunch of universals depending on what direction you wanna go.
    Like the borg deflector has the highest CtrlX, Solanae has some good EPG & Drain values, etc. Pretty much the same goes for the weapon sets. Some add to sci builds but none is strong enough to carry one.
    It's pretty much about stacking the sh*it out of the sci stat you primarily use and go on from there.

Looking at the Space Sets i was reminded that my beloved Omega Force set has been neglected for some time now.
    It's an old set and there are better sets out there, but i still consider it one of the most fun sets to use.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Thank you everyone for your links and thoughtful suggestions.
  • Options
    saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    i use solonae and command...one the deflectors has a nice EXP and ctrl boost and the others have some nice shielding and allows the aux power to go to 130
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    sagen#3662 wrote: »
    With the space sets in the game so far, what is the best space set currently for a science exotic/ drain character? How does the Temporal compare to the Delta and the Solenase? I do a lot of solo and PvE content rather than team so I want survivability as well as exotic damage.I'm thinking Delta. That's a polaron based rep I believe.

So.. for Just Exotic/Drain hybrids ( I run these as a complete space set so ymmv)..This is assuming your using Fleet research consoles (im usually around 400EPG/400 Drain)
    : Solanae
    Highest EPG modifier in the Game mixed with good Drain.
    Added Hull Cap
    Resilient Shields (I like these over Covariant due to the low bleed through)
    Subspace jump in sector space. (Usefull for covering distance better when you dont have greater than warp 12)

: Dyson =
    Good balance of Drain an EPG from the Set (tho lower Max EPG than Solanae)
    Ultra Rare mod reduces <b>Science<b/> ability cooldowns. This is always useful
    Set bonuses Proton Barrage and Reactive Shielding
    The Shield is AWESOME..Its Regenerative and has a Proc that restores your shields and makes em harder.
    Bonus Resistance Clicky (4 peice) Advanced Metaphasic Shields

: Temporal =
    Warp/Singularity core + to Sector Speed..
    The Romulan Singularity is +40 EPG..
    2 Piece has 25% bonus Damage Over Time.
    Temporal Fracture is purdy..

For Full Drain..
    : Cant beat the 3 Piece Bajor Defense Set + Temporal Shield. And All the pieces are re-engineerable
    The Core has a Passive Susbsystem drain that scales with DrainX.
    3 Piece extends the range to 5km.
    The engine allows Ramming speed to be used at 90% hull cap.

You should use Deteriorating Deflectors If your using Drain abilities. The Radiation damage can crit (yay) and overall does more damage..

This is my 2 cents,and Ive been flying sci ships for several years.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Looking at the Space Sets i was reminded that my beloved Omega Force set has been neglected for some time now.
    It's an old set and there are better sets out there, but i still consider it one of the most fun sets to use.

Yea..I use to use Omega as my PVP set.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Temporal shield + engines (Temporal reputation) and Solanae Deflector with a +max Aux and [AMP] Fleet core Elite for the best results without complicated shenanigans.