test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Hur'q are just not ready for Romulans.....

kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
Flying a T'laru in defense of Bajor, 5 squadrons of fighters out(2 each for hangars and one from the device you get from vault).....
Boff1: Sir! A pack of swarm ships closing on our aft!
PC: Is the Singularity Core charged?
Boff1: Yes sir!
PC: Commence Singularity jump! Helm bring us about one-eight-zero degrees. Science drop an artificial gravity well on top of our friends to enhance their misery. Tactical have fighters concentrate fire.
*a chorus of 'aye'*
*a few seconds pass*
Boff1: Swarmer pack destroyed sir!
PC: And the Klingons are scared of these guys why?
*blank looks and shrugged shoulders*

Comments

• Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    The T'Laru Carrier: when you care enough to send your very best.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That's Emani's reaction pretty much every time she sees Klingons act scared.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    the Rom rep torpedo with TS3 does much the same thing. I ALWAYS have that slotted in an aft slot. if I don't killit on the first pass, those 3 lovely balls of hurt usually finish him off
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    My scimitar munches through them quite nicely. AP beams and AP torpedo spreads create a lot of dead Hurq.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I was reading dialog on my Delta Recruit the other day.....

"The Iconians fight with fury but lack the skill of true warriors. They rely too much on their technology, and too little on the strength in their hearts. But never underestimate their Heralds. They burn with the power of fanaticism and each one is willing to kill...or die...in service to the Iconians."

Same can be said of Romulans and their fanatics.

Go ahead and use your fancy tech and use your words to burn your allies....but know this doesn't make you warriors in your hearts.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Hehe. My Grav Wells, temp space powers, and DRBs on my Eternal make short work of those Hurq.

*shrugs flippers* Why are the Klinks scared of bugs anyway?
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    to be fair, the writers have done their level best to make the Klingons look as foolish as possible, what with General "open field charge against a superior, enemy force that is dug in" and Emperor "scream and leap".
    Well, yes, the purpose of the Klingons in the TV show was always to make the Feds look good by comparison.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Starfleet and the KDF are so unprepared for the Hurq that they needed to get Jem'hadar and Cardassians to fight their battles for them.

You don't see the Romulans getting propped up with additional playable races.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I have a feeling the Hur'q in the episide will have new Hur'q ships added to it. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I wouldn't really say the Romulans have any leg up on the other factions in terms of Drantzuli slaying potential. Really, the singularity jump sinkhole isn't all that necessary when fighting the swarmers, every ship has evasive maneuvers, and even just putting your engines in reverse works wonders for getting them in your line of fire.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Starfleet and the KDF are so unprepared for the Hurq that they needed to get Jem'hadar and Cardassians to fight their battles for them.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    Hehe. My Grav Wells, temp space powers, and DRBs on my Eternal make short work of those Hurq.

*shrugs flippers* Why are the Klinks scared of bugs anyway?

Because they're almost as scary as Tribbles? If not slightly scarier?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    > @xungnguyen said:
    > Hehe. My Grav Wells, temp space powers, and DRBs on my Eternal make short work of those Hurq.
    >
    > *shrugs flippers* Why are the Klinks scared of bugs anyway?

The Klingons like to 'tell their stories well' (Lie until you can't lie any more, then lie again anyways). I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the Hur'q just snuck in and nicked the Sword of Kahless while the Klingons were off getting drunken to heck and back, so they just lied about a skirmish, which turned into a kid lying about his grandfather's great battles, etc. until you get to the great Hur'q invasion of Qo'noS.

...flippers?
  • Options
    I wouldn't really say the Romulans have any leg up on the other factions in terms of Drantzuli slaying potential. Really, the singularity jump sinkhole isn't all that necessary when fighting the swarmers, every ship has evasive maneuvers, and even just putting your engines in reverse works wonders for getting them in your line of fire.

necessary? no.... but it makes them a laughable joke to fight. for extra lolz, if you get a big pack of em throw an anti-time singularity in there too for the full gravija effect
  • Options
    necessary? no.... but it makes them a laughable joke to fight. for extra lolz, if you get a big pack of em throw an anti-time singularity in there too for the full gravija effect
    TS3 Gravi-Photon?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    My Klink Fed in her Excelsior, outfitted with disruptor beam banks can easily melt the hulls of those hur'q ships.

"Open fire on all enemy targets within 5km."
    "Ma'am, targets have been destroyed."
    "Already? huh. bring the ship about and lay in a course for the next pack, let's save the Klingon ship.."
    "Aye"
    "In position, ma'am."
    "Fire on all targets within 5km once again"
    "All destroyed once again, ma'am.. We are getting an incoming call from the Klingons."
    *Nods head as the viewer engages*

"Well, I don't know why our people are so scared of these Hur'q? They aren't posing any challenge at all. Even with Disruptors from the finest weapons shops within the empire."
    *Klingon captain half way scowls and them realises she is being funny and starts laughing*
    "Yes.. it seems we do owe you thanks. For someone who doesn't hear the call of Kahless, you fight with great honor."
    "Captain, i always fight with great honor and if our people are that incapable of fighting these beasts? then i will be our peoples savior while you all hide in a corner under J'mpoks high council cloak!"

*A clear and bold challenge to Klingons everywhere from one serving in Starfleet, wearing a childs uniform.. This woke the klingon captain right out of his stupor after drinking 10 bottles of bloodwine!*
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    That is the thing about the hur'q their little swarms arnt hard to take down by capital ship but death by a thousand cuts is still going to kill a romulan.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @jade1280 said:
    > That is the thing about the hur'q their little swarms arnt hard to take down by capital ship but death by a thousand cuts is still going to kill a romulan.

Read that and flashed on one of Sandor Clegane's scenes with Arya. Doesn't matter if the enemy makes TEN thousand cuts if none of them penetrate the hull.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I get the feeling they are going to be an enemy that is a lot harder to fight on ground than in space considering the blogs suggest we haven't seen a full grown Hur'q yet

As for the fact fellow Klingons are afraid of them... well, its akin to the boogeyman under your bed - if you were taught from day 1 its big, bad, evil and invulnerable you'd be wary of fighting one - In the end though, push come to shove; the KDF will slip free of the bonds of childhood trauma and show these skittering wastes of germanium which end of a bat'leth they don't want shoved in between their chitin plates
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    > @xungnguyen said:
    > Hehe. My Grav Wells, temp space powers, and DRBs on my Eternal make short work of those Hurq.
    >
    > *shrugs flippers* Why are the Klinks scared of bugs anyway?

The Klingons like to 'tell their stories well' (Lie until you can't lie any more, then lie again anyways). I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the Hur'q just snuck in and nicked the Sword of Kahless while the Klingons were off getting drunken to heck and back, so they just lied about a skirmish, which turned into a kid lying about his grandfather's great battles, etc. until you get to the great Hur'q invasion of Qo'noS.

...flippers?
    My main character has flippers due to being half Lapras (anthro Lapras).
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    I do hope that the real Hur'q threat is more involving than the Drantzuli and the tiny little baby swarmers. I mean, I like the idea of large numbers of small pinpricks gradually tearing you to shreds, but in practice, they end up being a collective sigh in the wind more than a billion tiny knives.

And it doesn't even make sense that the Hur'q are even a microscopic threat. The Klingons were able to beat their invasion, and that was about a thousand years ago currently, their ships apparently haven't changed in design even slightly, so what could possibly make a technologically backwater species that got kicked around by the Klingons alone possibly compare to the ancient, technologically marvelous infinitely numbered ranks of the Iconians?

So far the only threat we've seen is that the Hur'q like to pop out of planets by surprise (Which can't actually happen any more because we can see which planets have them inside) and overtake their enemies with numbers. The Iconians, however, do the same thing, but better. They can appear ANYWHERE with their gateways (not just underground on specific planets), and aside from the general upper hand of technological advancement, they also have what seems to be an indefinite number of Heralds to do their bidding, who can actually do damage unlike the swarmers.
  • Options
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @jade1280 said:
    > That is the thing about the hur'q their little swarms arnt hard to take down by capital ship but death by a thousand cuts is still going to kill a romulan.

Read that and flashed on one of Sandor Clegane's scenes with Arya. Doesn't matter if the enemy makes TEN thousand cuts if none of them penetrate the hull.

Yeah.. they need to get to the hull before any of that matters.... which they fail to do. They do a very good job of chain-exploding tho.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @kodachikuno said:
    > Yeah.. they need to get to the hull before any of that matters.... which they fail to do. They do a very good job of chain-exploding tho.

Heh, one of these days I need to see if there's a GIF of the Enterprise-D swatting down fighter drones (I want to say it was the episode with the Lysians). That's pretty much what it was like in my Phantom, except with cannons.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    > @kodachikuno said:
    > Yeah.. they need to get to the hull before any of that matters.... which they fail to do. They do a very good job of chain-exploding tho.

Heh, one of these days I need to see if there's a GIF of the Enterprise-D swatting down fighter drones (I want to say it was the episode with the Lysians). That's pretty much what it was like in my Phantom, except with cannons.

You can see it swatting down Cylon raiders in this fan video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXz2oOlN0A
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    > @kodachikuno said:

You can see it swatting down Cylon raiders in this fan video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXz2oOlN0A

That's not really swatting, IMO. Takes way too long.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.