test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Elite Starter Pack!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're introducing a new item pack with everything you need to get started or continue on your adventures in the final frontier!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10883424

Comments

• Options
    raso#2966 raso Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Oh man I just bought a sub like 4 days ago for those bonuses but didn't get any retrain tokens with it. :( I could have used one for my Sci character sigh. Do you guys offer exchanges for that?

But interesting moving away from the monthly subscription.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Question: If you already have the maximum number of inventory and Boff slots, will you still get the additional slots?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I guess Cryptic finally got tired of reading all of our 'best way to subscribe for best benefits' posts. :D
    Now that they are making the T5 free ship token not be a subscriber perk, this thing seems to cover all the other leveling perks you'd use to get for subscribing.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Well now, this is interesting. So the only way to get the monthly stipend anymore is to stay subbed (if you are now), or go LTS. I've been LTS for years now so it really doesn't affect me.

I do have to ask though, can folks who have the LTS take advantage of this? I'd buy it just for the shared/bank/inventory slots if so. I can imagine that I wouldn't get the added character slot since I've been at the character cap for years now, but even so, I'd still buy it. That is, unless you guys finally raised the number of characters we can have. And if you have, let there be more alts! :)

However, I do think it's a bit of a, hmmm, I don't want to say underhanded move, because that is too harsh, but it's the only term that comes close. An announcement should have been made saying that this would go into effect on "X date" instead of just springing it on everyone.

Also, what happens if someone happens to buy one of those increasingly rare STO boxes that offer a free month? Do they still get those sub benefits or will it be transitioned into this new Elite Pack?

Overall though, I think this is a positive thing for STO. A one time fee to get virtually everything that a 1 month sub would have gotten a player, and no need for a long term commitment. Even better if this pack would eventually fall under one of the CStore sales.

It'll be interesting to see what others think of this.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Where is this avalible? Under what Tab? I'm not finding it.

Can someone post a picture?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The T5 token as a sub perk made sense as it was placed at a point where you were entering into t5 ships, the free for all version does it 10 levels later.

With one of the previews I saw showing a VIP entry in the store I had a feeling something like this was coming. Shame they've doing away with sub as an option as there will no doubt be a lot of folk just off the 1000day ship, a few months grace/warning period might have been nice for those in that position.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...Shame they've doing away with sub as an option as there will no doubt be a lot of folk just off the 1000day ship, a few months grace/warning period might have been nice for those in that position.

From what I'm reading they can still keep the sub going:
    What happens to monthly subscriptions now?

They will no longer be available on our website. If you have a monthly subscription currently, it will continue and you will receive all of the benefits of that subscription. You can still cancel that subscription at any time.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    fftt wrote: »
    ...Shame they've doing away with sub as an option as there will no doubt be a lot of folk just off the 1000day ship, a few months grace/warning period might have been nice for those in that position.

From what I'm reading they can still keep the sub going:
    What happens to monthly subscriptions now?

They will no longer be available on our website. If you have a monthly subscription currently, it will continue and you will receive all of the benefits of that subscription. You can still cancel that subscription at any time.

That's correct. If you're subscribed, you're still subscribed unless you purposefully choose to cancel it.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Hmmm... too many subscribers hoarding their stipend zen? I can't see why else to make such a change. And I'm guessing once a subscriber's term is over then that's it; they won't be able to buy another?

Doesn't really makes sense giving up $10-$15/month in sub revenue in exchange for a one-time $15 payout. Again, unless it's due to the stipend.
  • Options
    tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    This is still one heleva deal
    Character Slots (2x0.5) = 312.5Z
    Shared Bank (10x2) = 2000Z
    Captain Retrain Tokens (4+1) = 1320Z
    EC Increase(1) = 500Z
    Inventory Slots (12x2.5) = 1000Z
    Bank Slots (12x5) = 1500Z
    Boff Slots (2x1) = 250Z
    6882.5Z + 2750Z per Character
  • Options
    Hmmm... too many subscribers hoarding their stipend zen? I can't see why else to make such a change. And I'm guessing once a subscriber's term is over then that's it; they won't be able to buy another?

Doesn't really makes sense giving up $10-$15/month in sub revenue in exchange for a one-time $15 payout. Again, unless it's due to the stipend.

While subbed and leveling there were a few more benefits like retrain tokens, extra inventory, and such besides the stipend. So with the Delta Recruitment event re-running at the moment there were probably a bunch of people subbing again and then cancelling. Cryptic probably got tired of keeping track of all that and decided it was easier to just not make it worthwhile anymore :p
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Question... what will now happen to subscriber only perks for ENTERING players?

Without a method to Subscribe players can't access Faction-only Uniforms, EV Suits, Ships.... What happens to those items for new players who can't shell out an immediate 300 bucks(when on sale) on lifetime?
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I was planning to buy a month for june/july, so I very disappointed and depressed. We - poor central europeans - have no other options for subscription, only buy a month or two, and cant pay $380 (or more) in one amount for lts.
    RIP.
  • Options
    firepufffirepuff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I recently returned to the game. I was an early monthly subscriber back at launch, and came back after 5 years away. How do I even find out what my current credit or character limit is? (Inventory/bank slots are easy enough to count.)
  • Options
    landorcanlandorcan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Where is this avalible? Under what Tab? I'm not finding it.

Can someone post a picture?

Found it on one of my 60's under services almost scrolled past it.

• Options
    firepuff wrote: »
    I recently returned to the game. I was an early monthly subscriber back at launch, and came back after 5 years away. How do I even find out what my current credit or character limit is? (Inventory/bank slots are easy enough to count.)

Credit limit you can get from the tooltip (hover over your EC). Character limit I believe you can get if you try to make a new character. It's been a while since my time recruit but I seem to remember when I made him there was a notice of how many empty character slots I had remaining. Either as a tooltip (over the create character button?) or something else.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    @ambassadorkael#6946 I think I know the answer to this one but if you are already have an LTS this new Elite pack would not open up any new slots for this group of people correct? I imagine this will remain as it was with LTS vs Sub and not increase anything already given to LTS?​​
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Tribble Server restrictions going down as well? That was tied to the Gold subscriber/LTS. Nothing wrong with that, considering there are people who are willing to playtest upcoming content that couldn't afford more than Free-to-Play.

Are the Player Species attached to Gold/Vet going to be made available to via C-Store from now on? (I forget if Joined Trill was Gold/Vet or purchaseable, it's been a while since I got LTS. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Question - Elite Starter pack is now accessible also to F2P players, but that 20 Shared Bank Slots from it - will it be above the 100 normally buyable Slots that I already have?
    Edit:
    I mean if I buy it now will i get 120 Account Shared Bank Slots (toogether with the old slots)?
  • Options
    daohordaohor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Kinda TRIBBLE over LTS that havent bought increased stash or bank vaults. I have been an LTS for ages and all I get is a measly 500 zen, yes I could have saved them and bought an increase at times instead and yada yada all that. But seriously, what do we get as a long time LTS holder? Sqaut, I dont see it as a benifit, just another money grapping tactic from cryptic HQ.
  • Options
    daohor wrote: »
    Kinda **** over LTS that havent bought increased stash or bank vaults. I have been an LTS for ages and all I get is a measly 500 zen, yes I could have saved them and bought an increase at times instead and yada yada all that. But seriously, what do we get as a long time LTS holder? Sqaut, I dont see it as a benifit, just another money grapping tactic from cryptic HQ.

LTS/gold already get these elite starter pack perks (plus a little more). Cryptic took out subscriptions and now allows you to outright buy most of what you would've gained leveling once for all future characters instead of subbing for the duration of leveling each. Although there is some ambiguity as to whether or not golds can get an extra benefit from the pack, given the replacement of subscribing with the starter pack I'm going to assume they don't stack and gold members would be wasting money getting one anyways.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    This looks awesome! I'll be getting this at some point.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    captainpostcaptainpost Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I'm a lifetime sub and wanted to test this to see what would happen, So I bought it and got 20 extra account bank slots. I don't know if it unlocks anything else.
    "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Is this already on sale today? Is it just Zen store or can we buy directly using cc/paypal?​​
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Cryptic should automatically bump-up to the next tier of subscriber rewards based off of the 100 day intervals for whichever players that are not already subscribed, but had been subscribers in the past. It should be rounded-up too of course as part of a friendly company gesture. It should include current subscribed players that probably will eventually cancel their subscription too. Otherwise, Cryptic is pretty much stating thanks for your investment of money now here's a middle finger towards finishing any tiered goal unless LTS.

For the value of the pack itself I haven't crunched the numbers yet, but I'm sure someone has. I plan to itemize the cost of those services include in the Elite Starter Pack at full cost then another itemization at -20% cost since I never buy anything unless on sale anyways & then compare.

A big deficit though is the no longer allowing subscribers a 500 zen monthly stipend except only now from LTS or if one is already currently subscribed.

Over the years I'll admit I was bad about recommending to anyone I came across interested in STO the overall value of subscribing for a month while leveling toon(s). Now of course I won't since that won't be an option.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    ...Although there is some ambiguity as to whether or not golds can get an extra benefit from the pack, given the replacement of subscribing with the starter pack I'm going to assume they don't stack and gold members would be wasting money getting one anyways.

Ambiguity removed and I made a bad assumption (I wasn't about to burn Zen in a proof). Thank you captainpost. LTSers *can* benefit from the starter pack provided they haven't already maxed out the benefit.
  • Options
    captainpostcaptainpost Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    ...Although there is some ambiguity as to whether or not golds can get an extra benefit from the pack, given the replacement of subscribing with the starter pack I'm going to assume they don't stack and gold members would be wasting money getting one anyways.

Ambiguity removed and I made a bad assumption (I wasn't about to burn Zen in a proof). Thank you captainpost. LTSers *can* benefit from the starter pack provided they haven't already maxed out the benefit.

Well they can get 20 extra shared bank slots. But I don't think anything else unlocks. My character bank slots were the same as was the characters slots as I have 13 open to make new characters not including my 4 made characters. And I think that's max for me. So you only really get the extra shared bank slots.
    "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    So I'm LTS (have been since Feb 2010, thank you very much. I win! LOL) ...and I have purchased extra bank/inventory slots for my main, and a few extra shared bank slots... but not extra slots for my alts (well, I think a couple got some)... If I buy this, and do the alt Reclaim feature, would they get the extra slots? How can I tell if my main/shared bank/inventory are already at max? Also, will future characters be able to do the Reclaim? Likewise with the extra character slot... I know I have at least a couple extra even now, but not sure if it'll be enough for new VIL toons. How do I know if I'm at max character slots?

Also, who'd get the 5 Captain Retrain tokens?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    any restrictions to buy the pack ? cause i can't ! lifer ,max chars ..
This discussion has been closed.