test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Needed BOFF fix

One thing that is seriously hurting players that care about roll playing elements vs those who don't is the roll of BOFFs in creating dps. If you want a ship with a competitive dps, apparently you need to have your bridge stations manned by Romulans and Hierarchy officers. Now we know that in reality this isn't the case. Look at the abilities you give to certain hero BOFFs like Worf when they wind up helping fight your ship in certain missions. We need a fix and actually it should be a simple one and one that will make money for STO. Just allow us to train any BOFF up to spec. This can cost dilithium or zen. It need not negate the current requirements of existing BOFFs. Just let me take that Romulan BOFF I got and use it to train my existing tactical officer (Who has been with me from the very beginning of the game) and train her up to the same standards. You're doing this with weapons we find, we can adjust them to what we need. Why can't we do it with BOFFs? While you're at it why don't you do something about letting us adjust traits. Half the frelling Alien Bridge officers have the cold dwelling trait. Does starfleet recruit exclusively from indigenous ice worlds? This should be an easy fix, profitable for the game and it fixes a glaring RP mistake in the game.