test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recommended Skill Tree for T6 Temporal Light Cruiser - antiproton build [Xbox One]

wraithknight#4461 wraithknight Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Hi
Any Xbox One gamers here who has a T6 Temporal Constitution and advice for recommended skill tree for the Herald Antiproton build?

My captain is a temporal science. I'm way behind on everything but recently got back to playing and I was ignorant to a lot of things this game has to offer and catching up on Reputation systems as well.

I plan to get all 3 Task Force Omega gear but don't know which warp core is recommended. For the note I have a few consoles that boosts my antiproton damage so those are covered.

If there is a gear set better than Task Force Omega "Borg" set then please let me know, I do know that Dyson gear is for tank dreadnoughts but no clear ideas for Temporal gear.

Thanks in advance and so if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Options
    charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well for the skill tree, don't know how it looks on consoles but this is considered the "universal" dps tree for most builds (not all): https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/b08b6ec6a3b254bef67cc96ba18571ce Leave out the kinetic dmg if you don't use any (although i highly recommend including it with the omega kinetic beam). As for antiproton in general: Crafted Gear with [CrtD/Dm] [CrtD]x3 [Pen] are the best, since you're a sci stacking crit should then become a priority.

Since your ship has 5 fore and 3 aft weapons i would recommend using 5x Dual Beam banks in front (crafted) / or 4x and 1x kelvin timeline torpedo (great recharge/spam and enhanced by abilities you'll be using anyway) and go for 1x crafted omni-directional beam array + 1x Kinetic cutting beam and 1x the omni-directional from the first Dyson mission (antiproton aswell). That way you have you never have to cut short on the 90* angle of your fore weapons and have all weapons firing at all times.
    Note: You might want to use the herald beam array aswell, but that's up to you, this is just a suggestion to make your build easy to play. However don't sweat it if you can't get the crafted weapons with the perfect traits, any combination will do as long as you favour CrtD, this is just to give you a guideline for the propesed build centered on antiproton stuff.

As for the rest of your gear there are a few things to consider. Antiproton in general benefits from crit - you can run non-crit builds with it, but there are better weapons for that (tetryon/phaser etc). As for reputation gear here is what i'd recommend:
    Romulan: Zero point energy
    Omega: Kinetic Cutting beam + Assimilated (the one with the crit)
    Iconia: Shields (resilient), Deflector + Impulse engines.
    Delta: Bio-Neural Gel Pack
    Fleet: any AMP core from the Dyson Sphere (whatever suits you best). Just make sure it has the AMP modifier on it.
    note: the Sphere Core is the most important part here, since dual beam banks cost you a lot of energy, this one counters that particular downside.

Consoles:
    [tac]: 4x vulnerbility locator [Crit chance] / or if you're short on Dil - the crafted equivilant that gives you AP dmg.
    [Eng]: 1x Assimilated (stated above), 1x Zero point energy (stated above), 1x Bio-Neural Gel Pack (delta rep) and 1x Conductive RCS Accelerator [auxpwr] [since you're flying a cruiser this gives you a good boost to turn rate and some more energy]
    [Sci]: 1x Timeline stabilizer (if you have it, it's part of the flagship ship-pack) alternatively use the polymorphic array (25% ap damage). 1x plasmonic leech (ca 5 million on pc) and 1x Temporal Disentanglement Suite [Mission reward: Butterfly / Iconia campaign]

Expensive consoles you might want to get later down the line: [Lobi x200] Tachyokinetic Converter, [Lobi x200] Bioneural Infusion Circuits. Those are for endgame, and i mean, just to max out your crit chance/crit damage and very expensive to come by. Keep in mind all that's listed above is just ONE out of many different variations that can work for you, however i did try to pick the easiest/cheapest to come by while still maintaining an organized build that synergizes well.

Furthermore: chose miracle worker and strategist as your specializations, miracle worker boosts your crit/alldmg and keeps you alive, while strategist is hands down the best secondary and gives you some additional dmg output.

Now i could go on and talk about traits, boff setup/skills to use, doff slotting and most importantly fleet unlocks that will help you further but i don't want to overhelm you with too much info all at once. If you do need pointers let me know and i'll continue. Keep in mind, this is not the "omg perfect build 500million dps" stuff, it's a build that'll work solidly for you and should get you through all the content the game has to offer, there are always ways to improve upon though. I don't claim this to be the "ultimate" anything.

Edit: With this build set your energy settings like this: Max Weapons [lock] -> Max Aux [Lock]. You should have about 100 aux and 125 weapon energy with this, while mainting about 50 and 45 in engines/shields (not 100% sure about the numbers here - depends on how far you upgrade your stuff), the leech will do the rest and push everything above 75 so you gain the maximum dmg bonus from your AMP mod on the warp core.

Edit#2: Since it's important anyway: [Fleet Embassy] 2x Romulan MALE tactical bridge officer (the blue ones) which have the superior romulan operative trait. <- Must have for crit. [Fleet colony] Kentari Bridge officer of your choice, if your fleet got them unlocked, not as important as the romulans but still a pretty big deal. Once you hit lvl 5 in diplomacy get the Nausicaan officer for the Pirate trait [+1.5% all damage].
  • Options
    wraithknight#4461 wraithknight Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Charon83
    Thank you very much for your input and recommendations. I have 2 dual Herald beams. I never thought of miracle worker. I'll look up that skill tree too. I might have to fork over another $10 after I sold my car, took a mortgage loan and sold a lung to get the T6 Temporal Constitution. As for fleet items, unfortunately I don't roll with fleets anymore because on Xbox I've had terrible experience when trying 3 different fleets. I know I'm missing out on things but fleets I've seen don't really help with PvE and the STO story is still so glitchy that me and a friend completed quests but didn't really "complete" or nothing, no rewards or exp so I just go solo.

Now to see if I can optimize my T6.
  • Options
    charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Well again no idea how it's on the consoles, however there should be some huge/automated fleets out there that are just there, giving you the option to earn fleet marks via massive armadas and buying the fleet stuff needed. I can't really recommend anything else but the fleet stuff since it's 3 leagues above everything else in the game. Most importantly, the warpcore, if you however really don't find something that you like, you can complete the iconian set and get the core from the rep, it's servicable and gives you some good punch with the 4 set aswell, but no matter what kind of build you're running, there is nothing that could ever compete with fleet cores/boffs/consoles.

But one more thing: don't sweat it if you think you have to throw money at the game, that's usually just a short lived issue due to admirality/dilithium exchange stuff and all you'll be doing is waiting a tad longer on some items. There never really is a need to invest money other then "i want that ship now!" or "hey, shiny let's get around that tax raise :wink: ). Never spend anything if you really can't throw away a few bucks. Otherwise you end up regretting having skipped a few days of waiting.

But yeah, if there's anything else let me know, will check here occasionaly.