test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat Spam Filters

Since coming back I have been pretty shocked at the nonaction against chat spammers.

First off these guys seem like they linger in all of 3 or 4 zones 95% of the time, so the easy approach would be how hard would it be to simply staff a small NOC with people to just sit in those zones and ban people every time you see them spout the spam off? Hell I am sure you could outsource the work to players even, I'm HAPPY to take a shift or two in ESD for some extra Zen.. You have chat logs, so it would be easy enough to validate that you do not have players banning people without cause (And you could easily enough set a quota of <x> kicks per person, so you don't get into a situation like old school EQ where we had the guide that went berserk and banned a whole zone)

Point being I am sure I'm not the only member of the community that would happily pitch in to help police this problem, and I'm not going to r=isk the tens of thousands of zen I have invested in ships and other stuff by just kicking people for no reason (Which would of course result in MY account being banned).

Barring that many other MMO's have implemented chat filters that work to varying degrees, is that on the roadmap at all for STO?

Note when I see these I DO report them, but many times you still see the same person spamming for hours later, so while the report function says they are 'blocked' for some reason you can still see them spamming..