test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

keybinds

wely19wely19 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
You guys know any keybinds to, tranwarp to there destinations, missions, and also travel/fly to all locations? I what to use this with voiceattack.

Best Answers

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    You won't be able to use Voice Attack to say 'warp to Sol' system because there is no one key press for this function in STO.

Keybinds won't do it, those work to fire off powers in your ships tray, but again there is no key bind to warp to a specific destination. You could certainly use it to do things like fire weapons, fire torpedoes, etc.. but to warp to a specific system would be hard to do.

The only thing I could think of would be you could set a key to open your transwarp menu, then see if there is a key to scroll through the options (I don't think there is, it's done with the mouse.) But if you could set that to say Tab, you could then make a voice attack macro that executes T, Tab, Tab, Left Click or something like that. It would work as long as the menu options were always in the same order.

I can play with it when I get home, but I honestly don't think there would be any way to do this since the menu isn't tabbed through with a key stroke.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hyperlordbender#4319 hyperlordbender Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    You won't be able to use Voice Attack to say 'warp to Sol' system because there is no one key press for this function in STO.

Keybinds won't do it, those work to fire off powers in your ships tray, but again there is no key bind to warp to a specific destination. You could certainly use it to do things like fire weapons, fire torpedoes, etc.. but to warp to a specific system would be hard to do.

The only thing I could think of would be you could set a key to open your transwarp menu, then see if there is a key to scroll through the options (I don't think there is, it's done with the mouse.) But if you could set that to say Tab, you could then make a voice attack macro that executes T, Tab, Tab, Left Click or something like that. It would work as long as the menu options were always in the same order.

I can play with it when I get home, but I honestly don't think there would be any way to do this since the menu isn't tabbed through with a key stroke.

The "Down" Arrow used to move it down....
    System Specs:
    Windows 10
    I5 4570 (3.2Ghz)
    AMD RX 480 8GB
    16 GB RAM
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓

The "Down" Arrow used to move it down....

Cool, never tried using the keyboard.

If that's the case then you should be able to do it OP. Just bind a key to open your trans warp panel and then create a voice attack macro that presses that key, followed by a .05 pause and then down the appropriate number of times to reach whatever system, followed by enter or a left mouse click. Just put a .05 pause between each key press.

Name the macro something like 'Warp to Sol system' and it should execute on voice command.

[Edit] - Actually, on 2nd thought.. make the delay 1 full second. STO can sometimes be laggy with the UI so if the delay is too short then the next key press will happen before the menu is fully open. I use .5 on a game like Elite Dangerous, but I would increase the delay on STO. .5 is probably fine for the down commands, but allow at least a full second between the key that opens your trans warp menu and the first down press.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.

Answers

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The delay in STO is worse now than when I last tried to get VA running with it, wasted a couple of afternoons and was barely able to get hangar bay to launch nevermind firing off abilities.

Might work for out of combat sector space things like transwarping though.