test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi killer build

damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
I'm looking for a build that can deal a lot of damage to the shrooms quickly, as thei arc is the one I want to get through as quick a possible.

L53 tac reman captain,with the Dyson SciDestroyer as the cyrrent frame (Wich I can swap out for something lse if need be). rore weps are trillium laced tri cobalt, plas array tetryon cannons proton canon.
aft plas beam array, transphasic torp, tricobalt mines.

Suggsted tweaks, consider the consoles wide open for anything you can get on drops, mission rewards, or make.
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.

Comments

• Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    To clarify are you saying you have cobalt torps as your forward weapons? That is a mistake unless you do a very specific build. even then you can't have the highest DPS. I would recommend a traditional beam build with BFAW.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Generally you want to pick one 'flavor' of weapon (phaser, disruptor, tetryon, etc.) Then you can buy the matching tactical console since the specific consoles do more than a generic beam or cannon one. The 2.5% weapon procs are pretty useless now that they only happen 'per activation' instead of 'per firing pulse'. So just choose the one you and repeat any mission that gives out a decent one that isn't a Unique 'can only mount 1' thing. Or hit the Exchange. Now that the Upgrade weekend is over, there's lots of stuff out there people trying to clear out that didn't make it to Epic. If you find some integrity or emitter linked phasers or disruptors, they seem to be going for very cheap (sensor-linked are the $$$ ones) and their special powers are always on and not dependent on a 2.5% proc like most weapons.

Torps:go for photon or quantums. Tri-cobalts are too slow of a cooldown and can be shot down. Now if you put one on the aft and treat it like a mine by popping it off as you fly-by, then it can work ok.

As a Reman, I'd say get a warbird. They are some of the stronger ships in the game. Especially the Scimitar, obviously. But if you can't buy a C-store ship, just focus on getting weapons and wait for the Summer Event and do the pretty easy grind for whatever T6 event ship they'll offer. Usually they are pretty good ships.
  • Options
    currently saving up for the basic dominion pack.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    A collection of mk12 green weapons and tac consoles will come in at under 500k, its plenty for levelling on normal. Talking something like:
    5 or 6 beam arrays of a type with 3 matching tac consoles, 1 photon torp kind of optional but fun
    or
    2 or 3 dual beam banks, 3 turrets and tac consoles, plus torp
    or
    2 or 3 dual heavy cannons, 3 turrets and 3 tac consoles + torp. Use cannon scatter volley boff ability to squish bad guys

Pattern being 5 or 6 energy weapons, matching tac consoles and torp if you like.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Plasma torp spreads, for DoT. The gift that keeps on giving, wherever the [censored] teleport to.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm looking for a build that can deal a lot of damage to the shrooms quickly, as thei arc is the one I want to get through as quick a possible.

L53 tac reman captain,with the Dyson SciDestroyer as the cyrrent frame (Wich I can swap out for something lse if need be). rore weps are trillium laced tri cobalt, plas array tetryon cannons proton canon.
    aft plas beam array, transphasic torp, tricobalt mines.

Suggsted tweaks, consider the consoles wide open for anything you can get on drops, mission rewards, or make.

I fly a Caprimul DSD..Granted you probably should not use the Proton consoles (thats what ive got on in my link) and go for Exotic or Restorative Fleet Research consoles but I have alot of fun with this load-out. The primary damage with ships like these is going to come from its science abilities OVER its destroyer mode (its not a very good destroyer but it is a competent sci ship.)

https://ibb.co/cF3zTc

Build info below.
    https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/f5cb5372e48e9979143224fcac2678b4
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    thanks for the ideas, and for helping me figure out sto academys planner reuild
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    @damzelltrill
    Anytime

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.