test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Moving Shadows" Fiction Blog

sofech#8663 sofech Member, Administrator Posts: 3 Arc User
In our latest fiction blog, "Moving Shadows" a Dominion planet is attacked by a mysterious force, and civilians on the ground struggle to survive.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10882224

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Great writing, I liked it a lot!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How many people wish it was a crossover event?

ridley_scott_alien_sequel_ai.jpg?itok=ah-XY622
    ?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    fiction blogs... cause making Featured Episodes is hard.
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    fiction blogs... cause making Featured Episodes is hard.

Lets see fiction blog...maybe 45 minutes to an hour...

Featured episode...gonna say a few weeks

So, a featured episode would be harder to make...just sayin...
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Some great blog again. And if it's a mature drantzuli shadow, it sure looks creepy enough.

?
    Aliens Vs Star Trek Online?
    Heck yeah.

Alien Covenant Vs Star Trek Online?
    HAHAHAHAHA!!... no.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Some great blog again. And if it's a mature drantzuli shadow, it sure looks creepy enough.

?
    Heck yeah.

HAHAHAHAHA!!... no.

unngoy soldiers vs a klingon warrior? hahaha. it's a forgone conclusion :tongue:.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The tension created in Jesse Heinig's scene is the same as the tension created in this scene.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXD5hOz73E

IMHO
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Damn, this was really good! I was glued to the screen the whole time. I'm a frequent critic of story blog posts like this. Sometimes they are really good and sometimes they unimaginative and generic (more often than I would like in fact). This one was an all time winner. If this new arc is going to have story telling like this, then I'm ready for that ride.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Nuke it from orbit.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Nuke it from orbit.

Only way to be sure.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
      wow, a little dark, that one... an eerie but good read...

CM
      "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    • Options
      ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
      Writing about Shadows when were getting an expansion about the series that copied another certain series.

Most original idea ever.
    • Options
      starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
      ak255 wrote: »
      Writing about Shadows when were getting an expansion about the series that copied another certain series.

Most original idea ever.

Haha! So true. Its so easy to forget that competing with another certain awesome scifi show is what finally made DS9 good. Bravo, I didn't even make this connection till you said it
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      I so want to do this to the HurQ
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tj4qfe9afs
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        firebirdofwisdom#8314 firebirdofwisdom Member Posts: 27 Arc User
        edited April 2018

?
        Heck yeah.

HAHAHAHAHA!!... no.

Well though Alien is a nice thought I highly doubt it.
        That head is too elongated to be an accurate description -if "Moving Shadows" is an accurate description...

What follows is more likely true due to the line from "Moving Shadows": "A broad head, like some kind of flattened oval with horns...":
        giphy.gif

So obviously it takes from a movie franchise just not the one some want -a franchise I myself find eh -Alien I mean.
      • Options
        vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
        Phoenix, what is that creature and ship battle clip from? Is it from a real film watched by characters in Axecutoner, or one made just to be a film within a film? I'm not a fan of serial killer movies, but the above clip looks cool!
      • Options
        captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
        Talk about being locked out of the emergency shelter at the wrong time.
      • Options
        crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
        vorwoda wrote: »
        Phoenix, what is that creature and ship battle clip from? Is it from a real film watched by characters in Axecutoner, or one made just to be a film within a film? I'm not a fan of serial killer movies, but the above clip looks cool!

That clip is from Independence Day 2.
        LTS Since 2012
        do1ao9.jpg
      • Options
        r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
        Awesome tidbit of storyline to keep us going, great job Crypt, keep'em coming!
      • Options
        crash490r wrote: »

Yes.
        It is from ID2/ID:R also known as Independence Day: Resurgence.
        A movie that is slow to start and after the first 10 minutes best be skipped to 50 minutes or so in and continue to the end from there.
      • Options

?

An ALIEN / Star Trek crossover wouldn't be nearly as fun as you think due to Federation technology. Starfleet has phasers that can instantly and completely disintegrate the creatures without causing any release of that deadly acidic blood, for one, and they don't run out of shots very quickly at all. They also have tricorders which can locate them precisely even through walls, and force fields to contain them in and transporters to beam them into space without needing to bother with an airlock.

The only way to prevent it from being an easy win for the Starfleet people is to put them in a situation where they don't have their normal technology available to them --and if you're going to do that, why bother making them Starfleet?

Or again use the ID/ID:R franchise aliens. Not only do they already partially match the description but are also a species that has personal, ship shields, mind control and may have technology comparable to the Federation... or maybe they are a bit more advanced with the eating the molten cores of planets and such.
      • Options
        vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
        crash490r wrote: »

Yes.
        It is from ID2/ID:R also known as Independence Day: Resurgence.
        A movie that is slow to start and after the first 10 minutes best be skipped to 50 minutes or so in and continue to the end from there.

Thank you both, Crash and Phoenix! I saw the first ID in when it came out, but skipped the second one. I'll have to dig it up now, and bear your warning in mind. Thanks again!