test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct3d crash

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue trying to launch Tribble and I keep getting the direct3d crash error. Holodeck launch’s fine with no issues

Comments

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    It won’t launch at all for me to get to the graphics settings. Am baffled because holodeck launches with no trouble
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    A handy tip would be to list PC/Laptop Specs so we can diagnose a what could be the potential problem
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Are you getting:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device.

This is what I get when trying Tribble. I can get in to Holodeck just fine.
  • Options
    > @realcla said:
    > Are you getting: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is what I get when trying Tribble. I can get in to Holodeck just fine.

Yeah that’s the same I’m getting
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm getting the same issue, and it's rather annoying. Have done a verify on game files as well as launcher restart and full-on PC restart. Am trying a force verify on Tribble, to see if that does the trick. The first verify on game files was for Holodeck, and that works like a charm.

Update: The force verify on Tribble did not work. The exact error I am getting is:
    "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device."
    Post edited by crioijouls on
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    > @crioijouls said:
    > I'm getting the same issue, and it's rather annoying. Have done a verify on game files as well as launcher restart and full-on PC restart. Am trying a force verify on Tribble, to see if that does the trick. The first verify on game files was for Holodeck, and that works like a charm.
    >
    > Update: The force verify on Tribble did not work. The exact error I am getting is:
    > "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device."

I did all that too. Still nothing, I’m gonna try a different laptop later different graphics cards and everything

I’m running windows 10
    Intel had graphics 3000
    I3 processor

A don’t know how much or what more particular info is need for bug hunters. Let me know if you can. But holodecks does load and launch fine with no issues
  • Options
    hyperlordbender#4319 hyperlordbender Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device."
    This error is only when using DX9. Which the game no longer supports. I would suggest upgrading to DX11, or if you cant do that, Upgrade your PC.
    System Specs:
    Windows 10
    I5 4570 (3.2Ghz)
    AMD RX 480 8GB
    16 GB RAM
  • Options
    I have dx 12
  • Options
    It’s only Tribble that won’t launch. I’m playing on holodeck right now and it’s fine loaded fine no issues no errors
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I am running Windows 10 with:
    DirectX 12
    NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card with 4GB memory
    AMD Phenom II x4 810 processor with approximate speed of 2.6 GHz

No issues with holodeck, but Tribble is a whole other story. My current video card does not support the Lighting 2.0, though.
  • Options
    I’ve done everything I can think off on my side. My laptop doesn’t support lighting 2.0 either. Was really wanting to check out the new ds9 gonna have to wait till June.

I’m running
    Windows 10
    4gb ram
    Intel had 3000
  • Options
    > @crioijouls said:
    > I am running Windows 10 with:
    > DirectX 12
    > NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card with 4GB memory
    > AMD Phenom II x4 810 processor with approximate speed of 2.6 GHz
    >
    > No issues with holodeck, but Tribble is a whole other story. My current video card does not support the Lighting 2.0, though.

I’ve done everything I can think off on my side. My laptop doesn’t support lighting 2.0 either. Was really wanting to check out the new ds9 gonna have to wait till June.

I’m running
    Windows 10
    4gb ram
    Intel hd 3000
    2.10ghz
    Dx12

I don’t know, it’s the last patch it’s not worked since then
  • Options
    I wanted to check out the new DS9 stuff, too, along with playing with a Cardassian, and see if they had the ability to create a Jem'Hadar already. I'm loathe to uninstall and reinstall STO, especially with how much patching I'd have to do... it would likely take me an all nighter knowing my luck..
  • Options
    > @crioijouls said:
    > I wanted to check out the new DS9 stuff, too, along with playing with a Cardassian, and see if they had the ability to create a Jem'Hadar already. I'm loathe to uninstall and reinstall STO, especially with how much patching I'd have to do... it would likely take me an all nighter knowing my luck..

Yeah I was gonna do that, but it can’t just be us experiencing it can it? Can’t even alter settings from launcher. Hopefully the crash reports to cryptic are being looked at
  • Options
    jordan3550 wrote: »

Yeah I was gonna do that, but it can’t just be us experiencing it can it? Can’t even alter settings from launcher. Hopefully the crash reports to cryptic are being looked at

Agreed, Jordan! With any luck, we should hopefully be able to hop in by next Friday, if not sooner.. I must've filled out a good half-dozen reports when prompted to say I was trying to log into Tribble and got a Direct3D issue. I lost track..