test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changelings and Vorta really should be added with the new faction.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I really do want to see these added with the expansion. They should be part of the new faction.
Post edited by thevampinator on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    For reasons yet specified, Jem'Hadar faction is exclusively written for Jem'Hadar players. Vorta and Changelings will unfortunately not be available.

That said, Dominion ships will be available to other factions once your Dominion character has unlocked all their mastery levels. So if you create a alien officer for KDF/ROM/FED who just happens to look like a Vorta...you won't be missing out on a whole lot. The Jem'Hadar faction does not have a lengthy tutorial, their intro to STO is basically the new multi-faction mission arc from their perspective. Plus, Dominion boffs, doffs, and uniforms are also available cross-faction. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Vorta are not warriors. I thought DS9 made that amply clear. As for changelings, since we mostly saw them in humanoid guise anyway, just use alien-gen to make your own. Problem solved!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    Vorta are not warriors. I thought DS9 made that amply clear. As for changelings, since we mostly saw them in humanoid guise anyway, just use alien-gen to make your own. Problem solved!

True but I would like to be able to use that speical changling Tentacle attack though. Maybe a changeling animation that quicky happens when they change outfits and appearance. Would be nice as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Well heres how I view it If the only race is going to be jem hadar for this faction. No changlings or Vorta. We know also that they most likely have no female jem hadars planed here. Whats the point of the new faction if its going to be so limited.

They might as well not add them at all if they are not willing to add at least some of the core dominion races to this faction. As Vortas do captain ships and changelings also travel on board Jem hardar ships. To make this expansion realistic they need Founder, Vorta, Jem Hardar. All three put together. Just like they did Human, Andorian, Vulcans and tellarites for tos faction.

I know I'm not the only player that believes they need to do this. I bet a lot of players that find out that its just Jem Hadar and not any of the other cool races. They would be peeved and say expansion was not worth it at all.
    Also Cardassian should be an option for this new faction as well as being part of the kdf and starfleet. Since they have worked with the dominion and not every Cardassian supports the federation or klingon empire.

They really do have a chance of making something good happen here. I hope they play it well.

I am happy for playable Cardassians though.
    Regardless of what happens, other players might be happy with this and I'm glad they are doing it.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    It would make sense to offer SOME way of playing a Vorta, as they are popular. It cannot be impossible to just change the text or possibly the species of NPC that gives you orders based on your character's species.

It's a "Jem'Hadar" Faction, not a "Vorta" or "Changling" faction. sorry to be so blunt about it but this is what cryptic are going after.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    Did you know that all the Vorta features are readily available in the Alien options? So, much like the Founders, if you really want to play one, nobody's stopping you. Sure, it doesn't fit what we know about the tendencies of either species, but yours can be unique (my Ferengi is unwelcome in his old home, regarded as a pervert, because he believes there are more valuable things than money, for instance).

There's just no reason for STO to twist Trek lore even further out of shape than it already has in order to cater to a small minority of the player base.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Did you know that all the Vorta features are readily available in the Alien options? So, much like the Founders, if you really want to play one, nobody's stopping you. Sure, it doesn't fit what we know about the tendencies of either species, but yours can be unique (my Ferengi is unwelcome in his old home, regarded as a pervert, because he believes there are more valuable things than money, for instance).

There's just no reason for STO to twist Trek lore even further out of shape than it already has in order to cater to a small minority of the player base.

As far as we know though, the Jem'Hadar faction will not have aliengen as a Captain option. I'm just hoping Fed and Klingon captains will be able to acquire additional Jem'Hadar boffs in ViL, that would help me with mine.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    As far as we know though, the Jem'Hadar faction will not have aliengen as a Captain option. I'm just hoping Fed and Klingon captains will be able to acquire additional Jem'Hadar boffs in ViL, that would help me with mine.
    I'd be very surprised if Jem'Hadar had aliengen as an option, because Jem'Hadar as established in DS9 would not serve aboard a combat ship without a Jem'Hadar CO. Hell, it took extreme circumstances for Jem'Hadar to work alongside Feddies in a couple of episodes.

That may constrain the BOffs as well, although I'm hoping that the one you can pick up now will serve as precedent for more of the same.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    To be exact, it's not a faction it's a jem'hadar origin story, after which you join Fed or KDF.