What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Deep Space Nine Social Zone

13»

Comments

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    1. Of course the Dabo wheel in Quarks is rigged. It was the last thing he did in the series after Rom got the position of Grand Nagus.
    2. I don't know if endeavors work on tribble. If you want specialization points go to Drozana.
  • Options
    zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    It appears the NPC pathing issue has emptied the promenade of mobile NPC's. They have all gathered in either the bank/exchange terminal room or Quark's. Not a one left in the main promenade at all.

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Warped into ds9 on tribble, looks like half is missing.
    h3M8nnf.png

Edit; as i approached it seemed like the rest of the station slowly popped in, maybe it's because the textures were still loading or something?

Nah, I had this too, I think the draw distance is set too close by default.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I found all the NPC's in the Exchange room walking on one spot like some zombies. :D

TBq9lz7.jpg

Can Confirm, had this too as of current patch.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Every NPC huddled in the exchange room? I say that is an astounding breakthrough in NPC behaviour coding if they learn and imitate player behaviour. :>
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I also noticed the NPCs crowded in the bank/exchange room.

Also saw that the bottom half of DS9 wasn't there when entering the sector.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Is there anything that players can do to improve the render distance for the new exterior of DS9? Since the tribble update to the new high-res model only the upper half of DS9 is visible until my ship gets VERY close to the station. I realize the distance dictates the amount of detail, but it's really weird to only see half a station until my ship gets right up alongside the station.

I'm running a desktop with a newer quadcore AMD APU and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980. I have all my graphics settings maxed out. I'm not sure if this issue with the half-invisible DS9 has something to do with my setup or if a fix requires the devs to change some settings in the way DS9 renders at a distance.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if i can request a nice to have.. some sort of commeorative plaque in Jake and Rom's spot? even a Jake S was here grafitti on the rail...
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    So I read a Tweet from Taco that he has endeavored to remake Ops. I'm just plain giddy with excitement to see those results.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I love everything so far about the new station but the wandering NPCs seems to be to many, one get rid of the pacing patrons of Quark's, and the exchange and bank. That's my 10 cents.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I found all the NPC's in the Exchange room walking on one spot like some zombies. :D

TBq9lz7.jpg

This is still not fixed. And the same now at Quarks!
    7mf4rl12.png
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Ops is magnificent. It is stunning! Just want to make that clear before I go into another list of super minor comments.
    1. As codyrocks above, the lower pylons have been stolen by the Hur'q.
    2. With all the ships there, it is very crowded but none are actually in canon docking locations. Maybe some could be moved nearer to docking ports? Or have some flagships replace the generic ships to keep the number down?
    3. Can we beam to our ship from the Ops transporter? Maybe make it an express one that sends you straight to sector space?
    4. I am so glad the rep messages have been moved to a smaller console, but zone were you can click on it extends just into Sisko's office (I'm going to call it Sisko's regardless of who is in there).
    5. Is someone going to take Dax's seat now Sarish has moved? Or is that just so we can sit in Dax's spot like we can sit in Kurland's chair?
    6. Functioning replicators? Where are the staff going to get their raktajino?
    7. On the promenade, the Romulan ambassador addresses low level toons as Admiral regardless of your rank.
    8. You can hear holo-leeta whispering all the way out on the promenade.
    9. Like how we have extra mail terminals around the promenade, maybe one extra bank somewhere - assay office style (to take the pressure off crowds at the main bank-exchange)?
    10. Why is Loriss wearing a viewscreen headset on the promenade?
    11. Is the latinum exchange meant to have purple textures? It looks off but I have no idea how it is meant to look like.
    12. Are the grey walled areas of the promenade still WIP, or held in reserve for future needs? It is daunting exactly how much promenade you guys are having to do. I don't envy you beautiful geniuses.

Thanks!

(FYI: Anything discussed below about changes, are not going to be in tomorrow's build, that's already made, and there is no way to get changes into it. They will have to wait until later)

1) This should be fixed in tomorrow's build. We just hadn't completed the LOD pass on the exterior at the time.

2) We can move ships around, they are whereever design put them, but we can move them to better spots

3) You can beam to your ship from Ops. It will put you back in System space, just as the other beamout locations do.

4) I don't know which console you're talking about, but we can try to adjust distances if there's an issue? Not sure I grok this one.

5) We made sure all of the NPCs were present in Ops, but didn't spend much time/consideration in placement, as Ops came in hot. We can rearrange if desired, but I figured people might want to take that seat and pretend they're Dax or whatever. O'Brien's seat is also available, as is Sisko's.

6) The Replimats on the Promenade should function. I debated adding replimat volumes to the other replicators. In addition to Ops, there's one in the Security Office, and another in the Infirmary. Wasn't sure if it would be weird to be in those places and get prompted to order food? Easy to add if people want it.

7) I'll pass it on.

8) I've talked to people about this before, but will bring it up again.

9) I don't know where we would put that? The Assay Office was only seen once (?), and was in the same spot as Garak's/The Schoolroom/Security Holding/etc.

10) Why not? She's got important business.

11) https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1740/41660915585_8f09584c00_b.jpg
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1747/27692433727_ab066f647e_b.jpg

12) Where? Which walls? Everything is done afaik? There are always more things we'd like to do, and there were some plain areas of wall on the backside of the Promenade I never got a chance to dressing up, but it should all be functional.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    Is there anything that players can do to improve the render distance for the new exterior of DS9? Since the tribble update to the new high-res model only the upper half of DS9 is visible until my ship gets VERY close to the station. I realize the distance dictates the amount of detail, but it's really weird to only see half a station until my ship gets right up alongside the station.

I'm running a desktop with a newer quadcore AMD APU and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980. I have all my graphics settings maxed out. I'm not sure if this issue with the half-invisible DS9 has something to do with my setup or if a fix requires the devs to change some settings in the way DS9 renders at a distance.

No, It just isn't in yet. It has nothing to do with your computer. The LOD pass was one of the last things we did, and so it didn't make it to Tribble. It should be in tomorrow's live build. If you still see issues then, please bring it up.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2018
    tacofangs wrote: »
    • Like how we have extra mail terminals around the promenade, maybe one extra bank somewhere - assay office style (to take the pressure off crowds at the main bank-exchange)?

9) I don't know where we would put that? The Assay Office was only seen once (?), and was in the same spot as Garak's/The Schoolroom/Security Holding/etc.

Might I suggest on the upper level? There are 2 empty cubbies in the southeast third of the station, (above the replemat) that don't seem to be in use at the moment, and there isn't a whole lot of activity around that area. This would make them accessible but not in a spot that's likely to disrupt flow.

I would Suggest One Mail Console in one of the cubbies, and one Shared Bank/Exchange Console in the other. This would put about 15 meters between the two to help break up the crowd as well

t8g3M10.jpg
    1dVWysJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Would that help the issue of access though? If the point is "I don't want to run all the way back" wouldn't putting them upstairs feel equally inconvenient?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Also Taco.

There seems to be an issue with the "Long Distance" LOD/MipMap (I can't remember the right term) version of the Shipyard Sign.
    I checked the signs for the other shops, and they are all still understandable at their lower res versions. This is the only one that goes haywire. It appears to show two mirror Ship Logos for each Panel.

Far Away
    z2IjRlf.jpg

Up Close
    oGK8x20.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2018
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Would that help the issue of access though? If the point is "I don't want to run all the way back" wouldn't putting them upstairs feel equally inconvenient?

I tried to find a spot on the opposite side of the station, for convenience. 1/3rd of the way round was as close as I could get. :)

The other choice could be the empty Office next to the Jumba Stand. I belive D'Tan uses it in an Episode, but it's locked on the Social map.

GsYCH59.jpg

YyCKf7Z.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I figured you wanted them accessable, but out of the way, as crowds tend to form around them. If you are fine with them being out in the open. Then I'd suggest between the Vendor Doors. as that places them at the exact opposite side of the station from the Bank/Exchange.

One between Weapons and Hypos. and the Second between Hypos and Kits.

X44ywgK.jpg