test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Two New Discount Packs for Victory is Life!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Get a headstart on Victory is Life - preorder the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack or the Gamma Vanguard Pack now, and get your hands on tons of items, ships and more for the new expansion!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10881114

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    As a quick note, because I know what people are going to say - the Gamma Vanguard pack is not the only way to play a Cardassian, just the only currently announced way. :)
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Won't lie this was a bit of a disappointment. I highly considered that this was where the playable Vorta species would be hiding in this pack.... no mention of Vorta still.... unless that will be a lifetime perk???
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    Won't lie this was a bit of a disappointment. I highly considered that this was where the playable Vorta species would be hiding in this pack.... no mention of Vorta still.... unless that will be a lifetime perk???

It was stated specifically in a livesteam a few weeks back that it is purely a Jem'Hadar faction. Still LTS rewards to get through.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Three (3) High-End Upgrade Kits

Improve your gear! Turn a Mk XII to a Mk XIII with this High-End Upgrade Kit

That seems rather... underwhelming :D
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User

It was stated specifically in a livesteam a few weeks back that it is purely a Jem'Hadar faction. Still LTS rewards to get through.

Explain the Cardassians to me then.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

reyan01 wrote: »
    As a quick note, because I know what people are going to say - the Gamma Vanguard pack is not the only way to play a Cardassian, just the only currently announced way. :)

To be honest though, whatever alternative method the offer probably won't be as good 'value for money' as the starter pack :)

i'd rather wait for the prices, but it is likely to be $30 for the starter and $150 for the full pack if i were to guess. i'm on the fence about this pack for now.
  • katweazlekatweazle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    so i'm guessing we could get jem'hadar boffs through an up and coming rep system?
    also does this mean you will be giving us the ds9 bundle now free?
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User

Oh, is that all? You don't think people are going to point out that this is going to also be available in the ZEN store? Where people can just convert Dil over for ZEN and not pay a cent? Just like the Delta Rising and Temporal packs, but no one ever bothered to tell us!?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

They're not part of the Jem'Hadar faction. They're unlocks for KDF and Starfleet. :)

you haven't read the blog it seems.
    Playable Cardassian Species

Cardassians have decided to help the alliance by joining the ranks of Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force. Players will gain access to create a Cardassian Captain in either major faction with this new addition to the list of species available.
    Playable Jem’Hadar Vanguard Species

With the launch of Victory is Life, players will be able to freely choose to create a standard Jem’Hadar Warrior but also available are the Jem’Hadar Vanguard. Jem'Hadar Vanguard are designed for the most intense combat encounters and feature enhanced space combat techniques. Their enhanced combat training has made them incredibly effective at defeating their opponents through superior offensive capabilities on both ground and in space. This is only available when choosing to create a Dominion Captain.

Please note that in bold. It doesn't say the Cardassians are included at all.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The free T5 ships at Lvl 61, will there be Federation, Romulan and KDF ships added to that?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      Is there a female option for the Jem’Hadar Vanguard Species?​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
      storules wrote: »
      Is there a female option for the Jem’Hadar Vanguard Species?​​

Canonically, there are no Jem'Hadar females.
    • katweazlekatweazle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
      come people we new this was coming also i would say expect a gamma quadrant recruit system too

To be honest though, whatever alternative method the offer probably won't be as good 'value for money' as the starter pack :)

i'd rather wait for the prices, but it is likely to be $30 for the starter and $150 for the full pack if i were to guess. i'm on the fence about this pack for now.

Prices are already linked if you click the pack titles on the linked page.

i found the pricing elsewhere.

£15 is reasonable for a starter pack.
    • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      Is there a female option for the Jem’Hadar Vanguard Species?
      storules wrote: »
      Is there a female option for the Jem’Hadar Vanguard Species?

Canonically, there are no Jem'Hadar females.

Thanks very much! just confirming it.​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User

Are there any plans to have a Cardassian specific pack?

I.e. with uniform, titles, ships and Boffs that are all Cardassian based.

Cause while there are a number of things in the Gamma Vanguard Pack that appeal, taking my cardassian captain through the KDF and other experiences with his Cardassian crew is more appealing than some Jem'hadar stuff. So while I was about to pre-order it seemed best to wait and see if there was a more Cardassian pack in the works.
      korithian1 wrote: »

Are there any plans to have a Cardassian specific pack?

I.e. with uniform, titles, ships and Boffs that are all Cardassian based.

Cause while there are a number of things in the Gamma Vanguard Pack that appeal, taking my cardassian captain through the KDF and other experiences with his Cardassian crew is more appealing than some Jem'hadar stuff. So while I was about to pre-order it seemed best to wait and see if there was a more Cardassian pack in the works.

there might be one after launch? but this is about the Jem'Hadar playable faction, not the Cardassians.
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Interesting, the Intel Cardassian ships kinda seem to mirror the Intel ships in Delta Rising.
      No hint of a new ship specialization in the expansion.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
      Cryptic! Don't Forget Playable Vorta Species!

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User

The prices are available. Didn't you see them? The Vanguard Pack is $129.99.
      Dahar Master Qor'aS
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

Cardi is for FED or KDF. Not a part of the Dominion/JHD faction.

You play as JHD and your contact is a Vorta.

Vorta don't actually do any fighting... they stand there and have their goons do the work. if you play one you have zero combat options. Just die once your guards die and then respawn out of your clone vat.
      no bug ship for frigate pets? so need to go massive on phoenix boxes?
      trygvar13 wrote: »

The prices are available. Didn't you see them? The Vanguard Pack is $129.99.

sorry, but this is quickly becoming one of my pet hates on this forum, when someone isn't looking at other comments made before making a comment themselves.

for example i already mentioned before that i found the pricing elsewhere in a previous reply.
    • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
      I can't help but notice a distinct lack of any form of Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, which is odd considering it was pretty much the work horse of the Dominion fleets. It also seems to be quite popular if the prices on the exchange are any indication.

The rest of it is not terribly surprising. I am wondering what ship(s) the free Jem'Hadar captains will have available, or will they have to rely on some kind of galactic taxi service to get around? :p

szim wrote: »

yeah boosting it from M12 to M13 only? no quality upgrades? I have old rep gear that is VR12... now after AOY they start at UR13... would be nice to be able to upgrade a few of those to match the rest of the new rep gear.
      tigeraries wrote: »
      szim wrote: »

yeah boosting it from M12 to M13 only? no quality upgrades? I have old rep gear that is VR12... now after AOY they start at UR13... would be nice to be able to upgrade a few of those to match the rest of the new rep gear.

i'd rather build up some zen and wait for a pheonix pack, the universal upgrades there are far superior to any of these upgrades. so it is quite flat as a reward for the larger pack, practically to the point it is worthless.
      T6 Dominion ships in pack - "This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially." What does "initially" mean in this sentence? Can Fed or KDF also use this ship later once they finish a certain point in the storyline?
    • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
      Is it safe to assume these packs will end up in the c-store?