test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Final Four Cast Members Join Victory is Life!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The final four actors for Victory is Life are here! Please welcome Chase Masterson, Max Grodenchik, Bumper Robinson and Salome Jens!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10875854

Comments

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Rom!
    All is good in the STO world.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Looks like ViL will have a good storyline. Can't wait 'til June to do the missions.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I wasn’t expecting Dukan’Rex
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    All awesome additions to STO & will be highly anticipated to see & hear in-game.

Well done Cryptic & very impressive.

A huge pre-thanks to the actresses & actors for lending their talents to STO.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    It's sad that Cecily Adams couldn't live long enough to reprise her role as Moogie to Rom and Quark. She was hilarious in DS9. However, getting these people in the game is awesome. I am excited to play the expansion and to hear the voices of Max, Salome, and the other actors as their characters.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    The final four actors for Victory is Life are here! Please welcome Chase Masterson, Max Grodenchik, Bumper Robinson and Salome Jens!

Wait, when did Bashir and Garak get announced?
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Awwww, no Ezri Dax? :(
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    You know, people have been talking about the seeming "lack of content" that ViL will have. There will be 6 new Jem'Hadar exclusive missions, not 6 total missions with the expansion. At least, that's the impression I get from what we've been told.

And honestly, looking only at the number of voice actors one would have to guess there'd be more than 6 missions to contain so many new voices. Then when you see just WHO we are getting and to me, there is no way that 6 missions could contain all this awesome!

I now wonder if we could see a reunion of sorts of The Magnificent Ferengi? It would have felt so wrong if you hadn't gotten Rom in the game, so I'm glad he's here. Well, will be anyway.

Happy to see you were able to get Salome Jens in-game as well. Is there any chance she could redo the voice of the female Changeling in "The 2800" missions?

More Leeta? Okay. :)

And Dukan’Rex, well now, this could be interesting. Especially considering how 'old' his character is. By Jem'Hadar standards he's freaking ancient! :p

Kind of surprised there will be no new Worf dialog. But, I've heard tell that Michael Dorn didn't seem to like what Cryptic did to the Worf character, which I'd be surprised if that were the case. I thought it was good personally, but then again I don't have as much invested in the character as Mr. Dorn does. Ezri not making an appearance is also a bit of a shock. Perhaps somewhere down the road.

Great news overall and now I wonder when we'll start getting teasers of what is to come from the more visual side of the game. I mean, the new character models are nice, don't misunderstand. But you know what I mean, a shot of new ships, or weapons or even of the Hur'q themselves. Something tells me the bugs we've seen are just the cannon fodder for the big guns to come.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »

A couple of days after the first four, officially. Unofficially, they were announced by trekmovie.com the same day.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Happy to see you were able to get Salome Jens in-game as well. Is there any chance she could redo the voice of the female Changeling in "The 2800" missions?

They should also have J.G. Hertzler voice Laas in "The New Link", since he played him on DS9.

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Is that a Female with... Clothing??? :#
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Rom=DS9 comic relief and I approve!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »
    Awwww, no Ezri Dax? :(

I was very disappointed in that too... :(
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Fantastic news!

It will be wonderful to hear all these favorites again, reprising their roles... and being able to interact with them!

I am especially looking forward to seeing the Leeta/Rom storyline. It should be riot! :smiley:

One question I had was regarding: Salome Jens returns to the role of the Female Changeling who led her people during the Dominion War. . Will the old episodes that feature her character get re-voiced by her? That would be awesome!
  • captainh6captainh6 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I was hoping for Rom...now the Ferengi trifecta is complete. I bet they did not have enough money to get the Ezri actress as well as the rest. I also really hope they update the female changeling voice in that 2800 mission, it never seemed to fit.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    a week ago i speculated that Bumper Robinson and Salome Jens could appear on another thread. nice to know i was right on something for once :smiley:.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    This is the best voiceover lineup STO has ever announced.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    So, a whole dozen DS9 characters will be a part of this expansion and all were great choices, which makes the wait for its arrival on console even more tortuous (but in a good way). Anticipation!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The Ferengi ride again!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Kinda shocked no Ezri Dax...especially since Ezri was in some of the fluff stories re-integrating the past Fed and Klingons from the K-13
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    I wasn’t expecting Dukan’Rex

Especially considering common sense says that he should be long dead at this point. He was born well over 30 years ago at this point and its been flat out explicitly stated that none of his species had ever lived to 30

That aside, I suspect that he is going to be the first jem'hadar players will be reporting to, that cryptic mentioned

It was leaked by a gaming site soon after the initial announcement and made official shortly after
    You know, people have been talking about the seeming "lack of content" that ViL will have. There will be 6 new Jem'Hadar exclusive missions, not 6 total missions with the expansion. At least, that's the impression I get from what we've been told.

They specifically said 6 missions were it. Those are going to be some weird missions considering I don't see how meeting most of these people even makes logical sense from a jem'hadar standpoint

That would be a good idea, while they have the opportunity to do so
    Kind of surprised there will be no new Worf dialog

Yeah that is kind of weird, considering how involved he's been with everything else. If anybody was returning you'd think it would be him
    Ezri not making an appearance is also a bit of a shock. Perhaps somewhere down the road.

I doubt it. This is the DS9 expansion. If she's not coming back now she likely never will. Kind of like with the voyager and tos expansions
    They should also have J.G. Hertzler voice Laas in "The New Link", since he played him on DS9.

Kind of odd that they didn't say anything about him doing that, it would make sense. Though i'm still trying to figure out how he survived, considering he should have been infected with that changeling disease and likely would not have had the opportunity to be cured

I'm kind of ehhh on the announcements. I tend to think they overdid the ferengi presence a bit, considering the theme of the expansion being war and a jem'hadar story. a somewhat comical ferengi story doesn't seem to fit all that well. they should have balanced it out a bit more. I mean most of the cast isn't even coming back, yet they literally bring back a one off character? Not that I have anything against that character but it seems like given the whole anniversary theme, it would be money better spent on bringing actual cast members back
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    He was born well over 30 years ago at this point and its been flat out explicitly stated that none of his species had ever lived to 30

so was the jem'hadar we rescued in brushfire - he still lived for well over 30 years until we rescued him...then he died because we are death incarnate and everyone around us not protected by plot shields dies​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • carguy1701#7145 carguy1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Kinda surprised that Cryptic wasn't able to get Michael Dorn to come back as Worf. Was he unavailable, or was Worf not part of the plan at all?
  • carguy1701#7145 carguy1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Kind of surprised there will be no new Worf dialog. But, I've heard tell that Michael Dorn didn't seem to like what Cryptic did to the Worf character, which I'd be surprised if that were the case. I thought it was good personally, but then again I don't have as much invested in the character as Mr. Dorn does.

Where did you hear that?

He was born well over 30 years ago at this point and its been flat out explicitly stated that none of his species had ever lived to 30

so was the jem'hadar we rescued in brushfire - he still lived for well over 30 years until we rescued him...then he died because we are death incarnate and everyone around us not protected by plot shields dies​​

He was locked in a cage for 30 years, unlike the rest of his people. That isn't really applicable to the species as a whole. It isn't a very good comparison
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    it's a VERY good comparison, because it proves unequivocally that the jem'hadar's short lifespan is due to them constantly being throw in the meat grinder, not because of any biological limit on their lifespan​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    "The Changeling has been in Starfleet’s custody since the end of the war – has she changed, or will she be a new threat to the Alpha Quadrant?" funny how I remember it was that we let her go at the end of the 4400 series. not complaining just saying it is kinda funny how Cryptic own workers don't know there own game.
    it's a VERY good comparison, because it proves unequivocally that the jem'hadar's short lifespan is due to them constantly being throw in the meat grinder, not because of any biological limit on their lifespan​​

No, its a very poor comparison because this particular jem'hadar wasn't locked in a cage all his life and lived the life of an expendable soldier that is standard for his species

Nobody is saying their short lifespans are a result of a short biological lifespan. Nobody has ever said that. Their short lifespans is because most of them get killed in combat when they are young. The ones that make elder at 20 are already living with whatever injuries they received throughout their lives and end up getting weaker as they get older. If combat doesn't kill them some other younger and healthier jem'hadar likely does and takes his place, seeing as they have a culture of settling disagreements by personal combat
    "The Changeling has been in Starfleet’s custody since the end of the war – has she changed, or will she be a new threat to the Alpha Quadrant?" funny how I remember it was that we let her go at the end of the 4400 series. not complaining just saying it is kinda funny how Cryptic own workers don't know there own game.

So I wasn't the only one wondering about that statement then