What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 4/12/18

2»

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    I'm a little...disappointed...that the Voth BZ isn't even acknowledged as being FUBAR.
    Moreso that it will not be fixed with this patch.

I was in the Voth Battlezone yesterday and while there are bugs, it is far from 'FUBAR'.

It's playable and while there are some minor issues, overall it shouldn't be too difficult to complete the zone.

Then you're in the wrong place.
    Things might be getting worse.

Ah but don't ya kno, this dude's anecdotal evidence is far more trustworthy than multiple long time players reporting problems. We're just being hysterical.

By their logic I hereby declare all the bugs in Defera Invasion Zone for nonexistent. I've been playing for years and I run Defera multiple times a week and never have I ever run into any of these supposed bugs. Only time I experienced anything was when Defera briefly got un-invaded. So clearly the players are just being hysterical about minor glitches and there's no real issues there. (Since it doesn't always translate well in text, let me assure everyone that I'm being entirely sarcastic here)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    T5 Streamrunner purchase is having issues and is not providing the upgrade token as promised. Looks like it's a recurring problem as seen in the reddit post on the issue. Could we patch this / compensate all of us who are affected?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7z0tmn/t5u_upgrade_token_issue_from_ship_sale/
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    I'm a little...disappointed...that the Voth BZ isn't even acknowledged as being FUBAR.

I was in the Voth Battlezone yesterday and while there are bugs, it is far from 'FUBAR'.

It's playable and while there are some minor issues, overall it shouldn't be too difficult to complete the zone.

Lol or I'm in the right place and you are in the wrong place ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    ilithyn wrote: »

Ah but don't ya kno, this dude's anecdotal evidence is far more trustworthy than multiple long time players reporting problems. We're just being hysterical.

By their logic I hereby declare all the bugs in Defera Invasion Zone for nonexistent. I've been playing for years and I run Defera multiple times a week and never have I ever run into any of these supposed bugs. Only time I experienced anything was when Defera briefly got un-invaded. So clearly the players are just being hysterical about minor glitches and there's no real issues there. (Since it doesn't always translate well in text, let me assure everyone that I'm being entirely sarcastic here)

Hey, I never said that you can't experience any problems or that they don't exist - or that you can't be hungry because I have a sandwich. That's what you are making out of my earlier statement.

I merely said that things aren't as bad (imo) as people are making it out to be. When I say that I can complete the zone and that people can work around the problems, I implicitly admit that the problems exist (besides having done so explicitly in the same comment) but that it doesn't completely prevent anyone from collecting dilithium there and completing the zone.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. It's the same zone for all of us after all and like I said, I know what problems people are talking about and I have experienced it myself (in terms of your analogy: I have experienced hunger).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Besides, the main problem imo isn't that the zone is unplayable because of bugs. Rather, it's because of the campers who always show up in larger numbers during a dilithium event.

Which is one of the reasons why I tend to avoid the zone in general but especially during these events; I'm not going to earn dilithium for someone else. But during the past week I did go there every now and then and at multiple moments there was an almost finished zone, or people were working towards capturing points without too much trouble.

(Note that I'm still not saying that the problems don't exist.)