test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would a Klingon Captain do in this era?

gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
I have seen every episode that has Klingons in them, except for discovery for obvious reasons, but none come close when you think about it to the apocalyptic battles we fight in space and on the ground. Klingon's are heavy on tradition, but they are also known to adapt to a situation, and claim victory. As worf put it nothing is more honorable to a Klingon then victory. Here is my question would a Klingon, for a example, use say Dyson rep heavy combat armor look, as a adaptation for heavy combat on the ground, Would that be violating Klingon tradition? Or would it be adapting to the increasingly heavy combat on the ground? I was carious on what other KDF players take is on this. Me I feel it could go either way. Maybe a waste of time and thread space, but I am carious about this.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There is no battle if you come prepared for your own slaughter.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    gaalom wrote: »
    I have seen every episode that has Klingons in them, except for discovery for obvious reasons, but none come close when you think about it to the apocalyptic battles we fight in space and on the ground. Klingon's are heavy on tradition, but they are also known to adapt to a situation, and claim victory. As worf put it nothing is more honorable to a Klingon then victory. Here is my question would a Klingon, for a example, use say Dyson rep heavy combat armor look, as a adaptation for heavy combat on the ground, Would that be violating Klingon tradition? Or would it be adapting to the increasingly heavy combat on the ground? I was carious on what other KDF players take is on this. Me I feel it could go either way. Maybe a waste of time and thread space, but I am carious about this.

the answer.

Long ago, a storm was heading for the city of Quin'lat. Everyone took protection within the walls except one man who remained outside. Kahless went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. Kahless replied, "The wind does not respect a fool". (TNG: "Rightful Heir")

klingons are actually fairly pragmatic. they follow tradition but not too the point of nonsense. even their fondness for fighting with swords and knifes has an element of pragmatism, klingons are stronger and tougher that most species. all the random energy fields that mess up advanced techology we see all the time don't do anything to a hunk of metal.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    This is a good answer and one I had forgotten. Thank you for the reply.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Their uniform seems to change just as much as Star Fleet's, with each era of shows having both the Federation and Klingon characters in different uniforms than previously, including Kelvin Timeline and Discovery. Though, there might be the possible exception of Voyager which I can't remember what Klingons used as uniform, since that show has only a small number of Klingon episodes and most of those were about the heritage B'Elanna Torres, and the episode or two when the Klingons were from the 23rd Century. If you're OK with Feds being in Omega Armor, Klingons should probably be OK too.

Space side, they tend to latch onto new technology if they think it will bring glory to the Empire and themselves, see cloaks and being to fire while under cloak.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Well when you break it down. The klingons in TOS were wearing chainmesh, or chainmail. The metallic look of their outfits in the show.

Skipping forward in to TNG/DS9/Voy era, the klingons wore a more leather style of armor, with shoulder pads and such.

In the case of technology. Klingons tend to latch on to it. Mainly for their ability to reverse engineer it and adapt their own style of it. Such as warp drive and their cloak.

Before anyone says it, no, klingons did not steal the cloaking device from the romulans. They were to be given one as a part of teh the Treaty that ended the Klingon-Romulan war. The Romulans just back stepped a bit and gave them parts of their battle cloaking device, which the klingons reverse engineered int o their own version of it.

As far as the ship that could fire under cloak, I do believe it was stated, they made just the one and would not make any more.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Necro here
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      trennan wrote: »
      Before anyone says it, no, klingons did not steal the cloaking device from the romulans. They were to be given one as a part of teh the Treaty that ended the Klingon-Romulan war. The Romulans just back stepped a bit and gave them parts of their battle cloaking device, which the klingons reverse engineered int o their own version of it.

Incorrect. In STO they stole it from the Romulans. In canon T'Kuvma gave the rest of the houses the one from his ancient ship, no Romulans involved.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
      As far as this games storyline goes I don't think the dyson stuff would really be an issue if Klingons were still allowed to be Klingons. the Voth most likely would not have done anything to the KDF as the Voth had a beef with the feds of earth simply because of the whole origins theory. and with earth being in a different quadrant than the the Klingon home world the Voth had no reason to fight KDF if anything the KDF would or could have allied with the Voth to defeat the feds once and for all. but say they did go to war against the Voth yeah the KDF surly would take advantage of anything that was superior to what they currently had if possible.

I also think that if they had sided with the feds against the Voth as soon as that was taken care of the KDF would have and in my belief SHOULD have sided with the Vaudwar annexing the delta quad and supporting their forces against the feds. The two species are very similar in beliefs and could have gotten on rather well. With the Vauds as wardens of the Delta quad for the Klingon Empire.

Almost every enemy in this game we fight is due to Feddy bear interface at some point in time. If the KDF had not ever allied with the feds they would be far better off. just letting the enemies that the feds created kill them off.

So yes KDF would use new tech if it was to their advantage lol.

But I do not think the KDF would have let things played out as they have done in this game. it just doesn't feel like any of the choices Klingons have been forced to make in past few years would have even been considered by Klingons.

Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG