What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gameprint 3D Ship Model Thread - Discussion

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    @ironcaniac what's that you're using as a stand for the 4-inch model?

It looks like the stand that comes with the Eaglemoss 'Starship Collection' miniatures.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    @ironcaniac what's that you're using as a stand for the 4-inch model?

It looks like the stand that comes with the Eaglemoss 'Starship Collection' miniatures.

Does Eaglemoss sell the stands individually, or do they only come with the ships?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Already a thread in Ten Forward for this topic.

Perhaps @baddmoonrizin @starswordc @darkbladejk can merge them.

[Mod Hat] Merged. I saw this earlier but I don't have access to the merge function from my cell phone. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Finally after ordering in mid April, mine is leaving Poland... Hopefully it won't be another four months to actually receive it.
  • Options
    hawkeyenfo117hawkeyenfo117 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The Eaglemoss Star Trek Starships miniatures come with stands fitted for each class, so it is probably one that happened to fit close enough to hold the model.
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I've seen a lot of discussion and pics regarding the 4 inch and 12 inch hand painted models, but does anyone have any info or pics regarding the 7 inch models?
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I've seen a lot of discussion and pics regarding the 4 inch and 12 inch hand painted models, but does anyone have any info or pics regarding the 7 inch models?

I've seen a couple on the reddit discussions They look decent, not as grainy as the 4-inchers.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    My Gameprint Model arrived today as well. I ordered it in march, so I've been waiting on it a really long time.

The model comes in surprisingly large box, filled with ton of filling material that will be annoying to clean up. But the model is really great.

Some sample pictures:

mVlqbCK.jpg

Onct3yX.jpg

ktwkrX1.jpg

Link to full Album: https://imgur.com/a/da2RywX
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    My Gameprint Model arrived today as well. I ordered it in march, so I've been waiting on it a really long time.

The model comes in surprisingly large box, filled with ton of filling material that will be annoying to clean up. But the model is really great.

Some sample pictures:

mVlqbCK.jpg

Onct3yX.jpg

ktwkrX1.jpg

Nice. What size is it? And how strong are the pylons?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Some sample pictures:

mVlqbCK.jpg

Onct3yX.jpg

ktwkrX1.jpg

Nice. What size is it? And how strong are the pylons?

Ordered in march...so 12 inch hand painted.
    Yes, indeed.

About strength - surprisingly strong. They seem pretty firm and non-bendy. But I am not going to do any stress tests.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Question - has anyone gotten or seen pictures of the Command Battlecruisers? I'm a big fan of basically all three factions, but they have the many little Antennae of Breaking During Shipping and I'm wondering if you need a certain size before they're on the model/can ship safely.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    So I tried to request price for another ship. Would take 2 days. It's been over a month and still no replies to the price quote or e-mail... Gameprint is just getting ridiculous, my first order was delayed numerous months but I assumed that was because of Gameprint just starting up... Guess I was wrong.

Asked them to cancel the entire thing.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Still no replies from Gameprint support.... What a joke.

I can't even cancel my order because no one ever answers the phone or responds to any e-mails throughout the course of the last month...
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I ordered a 7" ship on Sep 23, 2018 and got it today. It's ok. If I saw it in a box at a store, I'd not pick one up for $100. :/ Color is a bit muddy and graphics/text is very blurry. Nacelles are a bit wonky. I'd call it "at arm's length quality". Any closer and the issues take over your impressions of it.
    Here's some pictures next to the free Vengeance I got with the Into Darkness Blu-ray and a Johnny Lightning Ent-D (~$15). And the model capture from the Gameprint site for comparison.
    HzM8Rzz.jpg
    g4WocJ8.jpg
    TMWuxU1.jpg
    dKhDKVz.jpg
    LgchW93.jpg
  • Options
    These ships always come always out very dark, don't they?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    These ships always come always out very dark, don't they?

No clue. But GamePrints did say they'd re-do this one. If the dark gray skin is a problem, I asked if I should remake the model at the Ship Tailor w/ a lighter base ship skin. Guess I'll see what happens.

I would suggest that any model you use, try to avoid very light/white areas like the bussard collectors and the warp coils. On the physical model they just look like they 'forgot' to get painted while they look fine on the in-game ship.
    q22wx6b.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ok, they sent a redo model and its much better. I uploaded a different ship model with the next lighter shade of ship skin and changed the lifeboats. Not so muddy, colors are better, lifeboats not so prominent. Lettering is better, mostly legible. If your ships name or registry is shorter, it probably would work out better if you get one.

The nacelles, impulse and bussard collectors are white like before but I think their program conversion has to choose between white or red for pale red, so can't really complain about limitations like that. It does look like the model they show you on their site. I guess I could get out a tiny brush and swab in some red if I really feel like it. ;)

If the first one was a 5/10 this one is an 9/10. Room for improvements, but very happy w/ how it turned out. Now just have to find something to work as a stand for it.

Here's some pics of old vs new... (the one wonky nacelle has mostly straighten up after the pictures were taken.)
    uylgF1B.jpg
    7Zne3PO.jpg
    vv64qaI.jpg
    a4IHtvI.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Purchased a Polar Lights Universal Dome Base from Amazon for $8. It has a nice little ball joint so it can be tilted which was nice. It's a bit big for a 7" ship, but at least it will be stable. Wants a 5mm drill bit for the hole, but I don't have one. So a 3/16" and a bit of dremel use to make the hole a bit bigger and it fits snugly on the base w/o glue. Beats just sitting on the shelf like it crashed somewhere! ;)

XIXwFxP.jpg