test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 4/3/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/3 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    So now we get to see what it is like to have four arms, right? :wink:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Well, we were told in advance that this would be happening, so being forewarned, we will now be four-armed.

I'll let myself out.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

Well, we were told in advance that this would be happening, so being forewarned, we will now be four-armed.

I'll let myself out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Presumably for First Contact Day.. will there be an additional main on thurs?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nice fixes & additions for this patch.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946,

The PC patch notes for 04/03/2018 are missing the tag "sto-patch-notes".

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/tag/sto-patch-notes
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10857174

Also, the PC patch notes for 03/29/2018 seem to be missing entirely. On that day, Holodeck was updated from version ST.82.20180215a.18 (SVN build # 220823) to version ST.82.20180215a.20 (SVN build # 221117).
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Auto-fire is now turned on as default for ship combat.
    This can be altered in the options menu.
    So who do I need to burn in effigy as part of protesting this change?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Fleet Provisions no longer have an Energy Credit value.

Does this include the commodities awarded from completing Colony simulations?

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Auto-fire is now turned on as default for ship combat.
    This can be altered in the options menu.
    So who do I need to burn in effigy as part of protesting this change?

Why would you protest this?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Not wild about the auto-fire thing myself. Minor, sure, but I'm still not amused at having to go in and turn off the blasted thing, presumably one character at a time. I fail to see why this change was made in the first place.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Not wild about the auto-fire thing myself. Minor, sure, but I'm still not amused at having to go in and turn off the blasted thing, presumably one character at a time. I fail to see why this change was made in the first place.

Eh... only thing I don't autofire is torps... Not a problem for me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Eh... only thing I don't autofire is torps... Not a problem for me.

I prefer to have a bit more direct control over when I'm firing. Especially if Aceton Assimilators and/or Feedback Pulse are involved.
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The Discovery ships seem to get more fixes than most other ships released so far it seems while there's still a whole lot of original canon ships still in need of fixes and T6 treatment which aren't even getting any at all.
  • rayenhunrayenhun Member Posts: 12 Arc User

This is very disgusting from cryptik. Star Trek Online is very boring nowdays. PVE is very boring, PVP is boring and very small, event (elachi, breach, mirror) is brutal boring. In last two event I didnt go this, I was colony simulation defence. It was good,
    exciting, lots of wave different enemy, sim was team building, new friend contact, I could test groundweapons and sets, SO COLONY INVASION SIMULATION WAS GOOD THING IN STO!!!!!! Today: Fleet Provisions no longer have an Energy Credit value.
    Then what am I do in STO?? Nothing, only grinding. Many people went to simulation and got very small energy credit in finished.
    Cryptik destroy it. Its very disgusting from them.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This probably also applies to the Fleet Provisions that you can purchase from your Replicators.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Dev senses were tingling "someones having fun in our game ?" "Hand me Mr Nerf Bat !" "Issue fixed".

Although its been many years and a lot of people didn't like it i found when you had the tech drops from the Borg STF's before rep was a good team builder, where people would actually communicate with each other, ofc mainly to see if anyone got a drop, but it was better from a mmo pov instead of todays beam in complete mission, beam out and the other 4 or more people might as well have been NPC's.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    kind of curios about the rewards for the newest FE.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    And will they have reverted the timer on the weekly box back to the previous system of resets when new reward unlocks rather than 7 days after you last ran the episode.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

me too, I was hoping for something on that, but I suppose it will be later today...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So a new FE (yay!), the new Spec tree (umm, yay?) and some bug fixes. And this is the extent of Season 14.5?

Not even anything new on the re-engineering front?

Wow, underwhelming to say the least. June can't get here soon enough.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • br3akingforcebr3akingforce Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    just like...fyi @ambassadorkael#6946 ...you must've been in a rush to get this post up or something because you crossed your formats on the event time announcer. the maint is 6-9:30am pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC). the event time announcer shows the maint beginning at 6 UTC. so according to it, games' back up :D.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    rayenhun wrote: »

This is very disgusting from cryptik. Star Trek Online is very boring nowdays. PVE is very boring, PVP is boring and very small, event (elachi, breach, mirror) is brutal boring. In last two event I didnt go this, I was colony simulation defence. It was good,
    exciting, lots of wave different enemy, sim was team building, new friend contact, I could test groundweapons and sets, SO COLONY INVASION SIMULATION WAS GOOD THING IN STO!!!!!! Today: Fleet Provisions no longer have an Energy Credit value.
    Then what am I do in STO?? Nothing, only grinding. Many people went to simulation and got very small energy credit in finished.

So, was it possible to purchase fleet provisions like dranuur colony ore, luxury, and batteries on the exchange prior to this patch?
  • br3akingforcebr3akingforce Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    kf4tvi wrote: »
    rayenhun wrote: »

So, was it possible to purchase fleet provisions like dranuur colony ore, luxury, and batteries on the exchange prior to this patch?

no, but it was possible to vendor or discard them for ec. base price was 800 per provision (so discarding got you 40% of that and vendoring got you ...50%?). a fully successful sim gets you something like 2100 of each type of provision, so each 30 wave run could make you a couple million ec if you were selling the provisions instead of donating them. that's what the whine is about, a lost ec faucet.

edit: realized that this came off sounding dismissive. honestly, sto needs more ways to earn ec, not fewer. for someone willing to put in the time and effort to get gear, figure out how stuff works, and then willing to put in more time and effort on top of that to actually put their knowledge into practice and run content efficiently, there needs to be a way to make the game's non-premium currency with some efficiency. converting zen to ec should not be the only way to be able to afford stuff, as long as you're willing to put in time in the game. it doesn't need to be this ec faucet, but there does need to be ec faucets.

look at warframe, for example: there's a population playing that game that is money poor and time rich, and another population playing that is money rich and time poor. if you're in the former, you can farm (for example) prime parts or rare mods, and then sell them to people in the latter population for premium currency. this is good for both populations, since the time rich get a return on their time, and the money rich get shiny stuff without having to spend more time than they can afford. everyone's happy.

sto, on the other hand, has negligible rewards. sure, some decent bound gear comes from missions, but let's talk about stuff you can actually make ec from. the vast majority of loot drops are common equipment, batteries, or lockboxes. i can't run an advanced or elite stf and have any reasonable expectation that i'm going to get anything that i'm going to use or sell on the exchange for any decent amount of ec. in effect, everyone who wants to do well in sto must, to some extent, be either money rich or excessively time rich. sure, i can buy that shiny new lockbox ship on the exchange for ec, but it costs so much (and rightly so, with their low chance) that the only way i'll be able to get anywhere close to enough ec within a reasonable time frame is to load up on zen and spam keys all over the exchange. or i could chain myself to my pc and play 10 characters daily, getting enough dil to max out each one's daily refine, converting it to zen, then running tour the galaxy on each for 925k ec. then bank it before logging to the next one and not doing much else ever. there needs to be some middle ground.
    Post edited by br3akingforce on
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

me too, I was hoping for something on that, but I suppose it will be later today...

Me three. I want to know what the rewards are, though I'm not looking forward to being forced into the body of a lumbering, four-armed behemoth.
    Presumably for First Contact Day.. will there be an additional main on thurs?

Yes, there will be a maint on Thursday as well. First Contact Day won't jump in there on it's own.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    And I see all that time and bandwidth I spent pre-patching the game paid off. I started up the launcher and get to download the entire nearly 6.5 gig patch again. This has been an issue for YEARS and is still not fixed.

I wonder why I even bother with it anymore, such a waste of time.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Main reason I always cancel the prepatch til the day before, toss a coin and let that decide if I should waste time and bandwidth prepatching when the launchers alzheimers will kick in and force me to download the entire thing again.

One of the few benefits that console players have is the lack of prepatching.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    no, but it was possible to vendor or discard them for ec. base price was 800 per provision (so discarding got you 40% of that and vendoring got you ...50%?). a fully successful sim gets you something like 2100 of each type of provision, so each 30 wave run could make you a couple million ec if you were selling the provisions instead of donating them. that's what the whine is about, a lost ec faucet.

edit: realized that this came off sounding dismissive. honestly, sto needs more ways to earn ec, not fewer. for someone willing to put in the time and effort to get gear, figure out how stuff works, and then willing to put in more time and effort on top of that to actually put their knowledge into practice and run content efficiently, there needs to be a way to make the game's non-premium currency with some efficiency. converting zen to ec should not be the only way to be able to afford stuff, as long as you're willing to put in time in the game.

look at warframe, for example: there's a population playing that game that is money poor and time rich, and another population playing that is money rich and time poor. if you're in the former, you can farm (for example) prime parts or rare mods, and then sell them to people in the latter population for premium currency. this is good for both populations, since the time rich get a return on their time, and the money rich get shiny stuff without having to spend more time than they can afford. everyone's happy.

sto, on the other hand, has negligible rewards. sure, some decent bound gear comes from missions, but let's talk about stuff you can actually make ec from. the vast majority of loot drops are common equipment, batteries, or lockboxes. i can't run an advanced or elite stf and have any reasonable expectation that i'm going to get anything that i'm going to use or sell on the exchange for any decent amount of ec. in effect, everyone who wants to do well in sto must, to some extent, be either money rich or excessively time rich. sure, i can buy that shiny new lockbox ship on the exchange for ec, but it costs so much (and rightly so, with their low chance) that the only way i'll be able to get anywhere close to enough ec within a reasonable time frame is to load up on zen and spam keys all over the exchange. or i could chain myself to my pc and play 10 characters daily, getting enough dil to max out each one's daily refine, converting it to zen, then running tour the galaxy on each for 925k ec. then bank it before logging to the next one and not doing much else ever. there needs to be some middle ground.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I was wondering because those provisions have been the hurdle for our fleets upgrading the colony, I can't imagine have extras to sell..
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Our weekly PC maintenance is now complete. Welcome to Season 14.5, Captains!
This discussion has been closed.