test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate First Contact Day!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Our First Contact Day celebration returns to Montana, and for the first time, it'll run at the same time on all three platforms!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10855104

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    You guys need to do something about that statues fingers. :D
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    faster engines but less control.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So the Bozeman Hyper-Impulse Engines will be an account unlock, awesome. I do wish the holo-emitter and toy rocket were also account unlock as I simply don't have the time to go thru and get those on each and every character. But, I can understand why they aren't.

I just hope that the event this year has been fixed over the one last year. Kind of annoying to collect all purple/very rare parts and lose to someone who didn't even bother collecting any. Granted, there was no extra reward for finishing higher than others, but it was still annoying.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I just hope that the event this year has been fixed over the one last year. Kind of annoying to collect all purple/very rare parts and lose to someone who didn't even bother collecting any. Granted, there was no extra reward for finishing higher than others, but it was still annoying.

What he said. It was super annoying to put all that work in, then lose to someone who did nothing. I really hope it's better this time around.

LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    crash490r wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »

What he said. It was super annoying to put all that work in, then lose to someone who did nothing. I really hope it's better this time around.

Why are you both getting upset over this? There is nothing to win. You're not losing out on anything.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Looking forward again to this mini anniversary event. The music is the best part.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Lore blog suggestion: Lieutenant Tardigrade arrives at the event, gets distracted, wanders into the woods, finds a baby turtle, has a "first contact" moment, heads back, and smuggles it aboard ship. Now Lt. Tardi has a pet turtle.

I'd breathe life into this masterwork but I'm busy with life stuff so...
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • leonida299leonida299 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    edit
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

It's one too many fingers... they need to fold the forefinger down... =)
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    I want Phoenix drone for real life.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Looking forward again to this mini anniversary event. The music is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYE3nm9voUk

For me, it, all too quickly, becomes too much. :/ Not kidding after one listen, I turn the volume to 10 and muddle through with the rest of my Captains.

I really liked wondering around the landscape after the mission though. It's a real gem. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Why are they rewarding the holo emitter again?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

Because some might have join since the last FC Day.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

Because some might have join since the last FC Day.

What he said, Avoo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Which does make me wonder when they'll toss in Zef's outfit...
  • dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I was hoping for another round of Phoenix boxes but still... aslo anyone know eher to find the version of majic carpet ride used for the film, I have the album version and its great but that version is epic
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

It's one too many fingers... they need to fold the forefinger down... =)

It's mirror Zeph saluting the Vulcans.
  • lightkeeplightkeep Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I missed last years event. Do you have to do the event each day of the event to unlock? I will be out of town one of those days at state park with no internet access.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I've been looking where to go and who to hail. Now I notice I'll have to wait for two more days :p

I don't know why, but I thought it was happening today.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    lightkeep wrote: »
    I missed last years event. Do you have to do the event each day of the event to unlock? I will be out of town one of those days at state park with no internet access.

You'll need to do it four times, the event will run for seven days.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    My very favorite event. Can't wait to bug the hell out of everyone by posting in chat "Rocket...I'm takin a Rocket...I'm packin my suitcase, and look out moon". Sorry in advance. NOT REALLY.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    The Bozeman Hyper Impulse Engines are new right? Not a repeat from last year?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    An event starting on my birthday! Yay! And account unlock? Sweeeeeeet!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lightkeeplightkeep Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Happy early birthday. Looks like yours is the day before mine.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    lightkeep wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    Happy early birthday. Looks like yours is the day before mine.

Happy early birthday to you too :D
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D