test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When this post is half an hour old, we'll be answering your Victory is Life questions live!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
And while I can't guarantee we'll answer every question you have - a lot of the expansion is yet to be revealed - it'll be a fun time. Join me, Lead Ship Designer Thomas Marrone, and Lead Systems Designer Jeremy Randall as we go through what we announced today, and join you on the hype train!

http://www.facebook.com/startrekonlinegame

Comments

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Good, because oh boy, do I have one big question right now.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Can we submit questions here? If so, here's my first one:

Will ViL launch with only six new missions?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Will the Jem'Hadar faction be free since it's basically a boosted character?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    @saedeith According to the stream it will be free, but seeing as they havent decided on the character slot being free yet there may be a hidden cost of sorts.

* Character will start at level 60
    * Charcter will have a starting ship
    * Character will have partially filled reputation projects to represent past training
    * Character will be able to play old missions, but they havent said if they are old kdf, rom or fed missions
    * They wont say about recruitment events at this stage
    * Thay wont say about what ships are available but hinted in strongest terms about a new ship with distinctly cardassian looks

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Thanks, guys, that was fun! I'll post the Youtube link here tomorrow.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    @saedeith According to the stream it will be free, but seeing as they havent decided on the character slot being free yet there may be a hidden cost of sorts.

* Character will start at level 60
    * Charcter will have a starting ship
    * Character will have partially filled reputation projects to represent past training
    * Character will be able to play old missions, but they havent said if they are old kdf, rom or fed missions
    * They wont say about recruitment events at this stage
    * Thay wont say about what ships are available but hinted in strongest terms about a new ship with distinctly cardassian looks
    He also said that Dom players will get to choose a career, and their starter gear will be based on their career choice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Will the new faction have more than one race to play? And will future episodes be made? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    in this new expansion will we finally be able to play as a cardassien?

and since our level cap will increase to 65 can we promote bridge officers to captain?
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    the audio on this twitch stream is terrible!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    the audio on this twitch stream is terrible!

That happened a few times, but they got it fixed eventually.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    wondering why it wouldn't play in on the op, then i realised it isn't playing the most recently recorded video from twitch. First time viewing a Cryptic feed from twitch and do these guys look uncomfortable around each other with a slightly awkward body language to each other for the first 10 minutes. also an annoying sound issue where it would momentarily go quiet and then so loud i can't make out what is being said from time to time, but it is obviously something thats been made apparent during the feed with Maria.

Anyway i noticed Jeremy, Tom and Mike couldn't prononce Rene Auberjonois' surname correctly. i found out a while ago who it is prononced: aaou-ben-waah. so to clear that up.

As for the rest, it is covered on these forums. honestly i'm just gonna wait for information to hit this forum when it comes rather than watching a twitch stream, not a great experience.

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2018

We're Dominion in Cardassian ships? Was there a strike at the Dominion shipyards?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Will kamikaze runs be a thing with the Jem Hadar?
    It's a trick they are infamous for
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      would like to see on ds9

fleet quarters
      klingon restaurant with the fluffy npc
      rep contact nps's with shop tabs
      science and medic areas
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      thay8472 wrote: »
      We're Dominion in Cardassian ships? Was there a strike at the Dominion shipyards?
      They didn't say HOW you get the new Cardie ship. It's probably not exclusive to the Dominion. More likely a Zstore or lobi ship.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg