test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

normal difficulty to hard.

my feed back is that the normal difficulty is to hard I keep getting killed .having no fun might have to find a different game to play.ive played some hard games in my life and they were easier then this game just my feed back.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Wait. I play on normal....and I suck at video part of the game.

Tell us what you are having problems with. Thanks!

OOPs...I mean, I suck at the video game part of the game....
    but do OK with the "normal" setting.
    Actually, do OK with Advanced but "repairing" yourself and ship is really wonked out.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    If you post some details somebody here will be glad to help.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    OP, compared to other MMOs like Guild Wars 2, STO is a stroll in the park in terms of difficulty...

My opinion is that you're perhaps not understanding the basics of combat very well yet. In that case, you should tell us what exactly is giving you troubles, and i'm sure some of us would help you.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    every 10 levl we get a free new ship. if you play levl 20 content with levl 10 ship and weapons, that would be difficult for a new player ...
  • shaun#3748 shaun Member Posts: 1 New User
    at least u all can play I downloaded the game and cant play because it asks for a one time code. problem is they wait 6 hours before I get it then its invalad
  • vytris#4174 vytris Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ok what I mean is the change in the difficulty I'm not that bad I'm a captain lvl 37 but anty ship I fight lately in the missions kill me in seconds.on missions wher it says to be commander rank.iys not fair if the enemy can shoot 3 to 4 torpedoes at once while I can not.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    shaun#3748 wrote: »
    at least u all can play I downloaded the game and cant play because it asks for a one time code. problem is they wait 6 hours before I get it then its invalad

hotmail gets the code late. change your acc. mail into gmail ..

ok what I mean is the change in the difficulty I'm not that bad I'm a captain lvl 37 but anty ship I fight lately in the missions kill me in seconds.on missions wher it says to be commander rank.iys not fair if the enemy can shoot 3 to 4 torpedoes at once while I can not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcdSZ1FszF4

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's been a day or two since I first started, but I do seem to remember a few missions in for each Faction where the difficulty seemed to suddenly spike. A couple of them badly enough that I started a new toon of another Faction just to avoid playing that mission for a while. Google is your friend, along with a good Fleet and/or zone chat.

You can use Google to find advice on how to beat specific missions, which usually involves changing the tactics you have been using up till then, along with likely using different Boff skills. A good Fleet and/or zone chat and you can get someone to help you if the change in tactics/skill use leaves you still getting your backside handed to you.

You will look back later and laugh at how you used to think normal was too hard, you will go back and run new alts through those same exact missions and be amazed at how easy they seem.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    While STO isn't complicated, it can be a bit overwhelming to newer players at times. Since it doesn't do well at explaining how things work.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

The above link has mission walk throughs which explain in detail nearly everything a new player should know to successfully complete a Featured Episode.

Another thing you can do is Share a mission with someone who then plays it alongside you. Not every mission has this feature but enough of them do. "Riding shotgun" in a mission is something I am always willing to do for a newer player. Because it is fun to see and listen to someone experience something for the first time in this game. I am always glad to lend a hand where needed. It is enjoyable to share what I know about STO with newer players. What I've learned about this game takes about a minute and a half to explain, but I try to make it the best 90 seconds you spent today, lol

I am quite sure I am not the only experienced player who thinks this way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/

These links are also full of good information posted by good people who enjoy this game and want others to as well.

I hope this stuff helps you out in getting through that mission by making yourself and your ship better. No game is fun when you don't know what is going on or why things happen the way they do. We play games for fun and entertainment. When the frustration is too high for too long people stop playing. STO, and those of us here, lose out.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You can not upgrade gear beyond what is appropriate for your current level. For someone at level 37 to even use resources to upgrade anything is (usually) a waste of valuable resources. Most new players at level 37 haven't yet made a firm decision as to what energy type weapon they prefer, or whether they are going to use beams, dbb, or cannons. No point in wasting resources upgrading some thing you might be dumping a little ways down the road. With a bit of studying on tactics a player can run through every mission in every story arc without ever purchasing or upgrading a single item.

I am not even close to being a top player, I doubt if I'm even above average, and I have run at least one toon of each faction through the entire arc using nothing but the free ships, equipped with only the gear received from drops and missions. I did however, read a lot of various tips and tricks, along with getting advice from fleet mates so I could get better at utlizing the stuff I had
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Just do the doffing and admiralty and fly around places without doing missions or fighting. Only interact with peaceful NPCs who want to talk or trade or dance with you. The federation is supposed to be seeking peace, anyway. These players flying around and blowing everything up have taken the serpent’s apple, their fun is wrong, and Gene Roddenberry will not be opening the gates for them in Borg Unimatrix Heaven.