test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I like the new K-13 DOFF Mission, can we have one for the Embassy and Spire too?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
Since we can earn K-13 and dilithium mine provisions from existing DOFF missions, I'd like to see similar ones for the embassy and spire. They earn good experience, dilithium, EC and provisions.

Comments

• trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    The Embassy would be a great way to get a little extra Diplomatic xp.
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Since we can earn K-13 and dilithium mine provisions from existing DOFF missions, I'd like to see similar ones for the embassy and spire. They earn good experience, dilithium, EC and provisions.

Really?

How do you get these DOff missions? I haven't come across them yet.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Just warp to the K-13 base and talk to the female duty officer just off the transporter
  • thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    As for the Dil Mine doff node, there's a Reman chap in the corner.

And, I also support OP's idea.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    There used to be map changes at every sector block, they removed these in 2015 with the Big Merge. This made finding DOFFing assignments easier because they are now grouped at the borders.

Three years later and you want them to ADD multiple map changes BACK IN? Just for 6 or 7 DOFF assignments?

There are DOFF assignments inside the Dyson Sphere. Yeah, they are a bit of a pain to hunt around for. Those have high number of Diplomacy points, and a ton of other things. But they are RARE and you have to HUNT for them.

Ummm... lets think about this a bit....why don't we?
    Like, why don't you ask them for what is it that you really want?
    You want the Devs to remove the "HUNT" and "SEARCH" part from DOFFing.

BUT the whole point of the DOFFing game IS to go hunt for the missions. You remove that, you remove what the DOFFing game is supposed to be.

It is about you and your crew, during their normal duties while traveling point to point in Sector Space....running into these "opportunities" and "findings".

You want prizes for barely doing anything??? You already have that. It is called Admiralty. Worlds most mindlessly boring part of the game.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I think you misunderstand. I like the K13 mission due to its rewards. I'd like more missions like that that are relatively easy to find. Sometimes I have to hunt for 30 minutes to find "good" missions. If I could do the same in 15 or 20 minutes, that would be a good quality of life improvement and I'd spend more time running missions.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    In the short-term, it might be fine for any individual player. However, in the long-run, we'll end up with in-game currency inflation and the concomitant equipment proliferation.

It should be difficult to get to endgame equipment, including fully upgraded fleet holdings. Making it easy reduces it's value.

That said, I find it extremely interesting that the newly emerging meta just happens to include stuff that only upgraded Fleet Colony Holdings can provide - both doffs and ship equipment.
    The fleet colony sells DOFFs? I thought it only sold BOFFs.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Don't all fleet holdings sell Doffs?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    I have looked for them in the colony and only found bridge officers
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Sorry - my bad. Hit wrong a "d" instead of "b" and didn't notice.

I meant boffs.