test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Bastion Build Advice

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited March 2018 in The Shipyard
This discussion was created from comments split from: Carrier Pets.

@evilag3ntman#4674

Comments

• evilag3ntman#4674 evilag3ntman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pair of utter newbies looking for Build advice for consoles/weapons sets for Voth Bastion flight carriers.
    currently t5U and some X11 anti proton weaponry,but need advice.
    sorry if wrong place,unsure where to ask?
    also using stock hangar pets but have others?
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    cant help ya with that one never seen it. is it sci heacy? Eng? Tac?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    cant help ya with that one never seen it. is it sci heacy? Eng? Tac?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Voth_Bastion_Flight-Deck_Cruiser
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I don't even launch the pets in breach. They aren't useful in the trench and can cause drama in the sub core room by shooting the "fake" cores.

@evilag3ntman

Can't really help with the Bastion question. It's more engineer than anything else and you should stick with the Voth fighters as no frigate pets are available for the Voth ships. You can stick most fighters in it though outside of the species oriented ones however.

Scorpions are a good fit if you have them.

What are you looking for build wise? Damage, tanking or sciency stuff?
    I don't even launch the pets in breach. They aren't useful in the trench and can cause drama in the sub core room by shooting the "fake" cores.

@evilag3ntman

Can't really help with the Bastion question. It's more engineer than anything else and you should stick with the Voth fighters as no frigate pets are available for the Voth ships. You can stick most fighters in it though outside of the species oriented ones however.

Scorpions are a good fit if you have them.

What are you looking for build wise? Damage, tanking or sciency stuff?[]

well,we are casuals learning how to play so damage i guess
    as we have the tanking part covered so far with the 2 consoles
    we have installed the crystalline reflective and the absorbtion console
    we looked the ships up online but found very little info and most of that was from 2015ish or so
    other consoles are power for protons and turn rates and shield regens
    weapons are kelvin timeline torpedoes and antiproton beam arrays front and back mostly level 12 and 13 stuff
    the ship is fun to fly and seems better than our t6 Arbiters,it just doesnt turn very well
    Thank You for any assistance
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    You can hybrid most sciencey build archtypes on it(drain, exotic damage, control). Most builds for the Command Battlecruisers can work on it as well. I don't really suggest building it like a traditional Assault/Battlecruiser(that's more the realm of the Bulwark).

Personally speaking, I've had mine set up up with inverted tractor beam repulsors(special voth doff) and eject warp plasma for.. years. I actually put a pair of omnis on the FRONT of the ship because it tends to 'tow' enemies around behind it in the plasma trails. Plenty of room to boost Exotic damage with the science console slots. This setup synergizes very nicely with the Palisade's console(given it's 5km radius of effect of both the drain and explosion - which benefits from EPG).

Conversely, the ship is equally capable of mounting Gravity Wells or Tyken's Rift with a longer-ranged forward attack layout.

I love running Orion Interceptors on mine(their speed allows them to quickly respond and their special beam ensnares enemies for you while you're busy maneuvering), but I suspect you're probably not KDF. I don't find the Voth Fighters to be terribly interesting; I'd probably suggest running Yellowstones(if you have them - tractor beams and warp plasma) or Delta Flyers(if you don't - shield drains for faster kills). Scorpions are a decent option if you go the Grav Well route because of their AoE torps.
    would like to thank both the mod who moved this and the gentleman who answered it.
    okay,* deep breath *

i am fed yes,as is my friend.
    we both have identical stats atm,weapons build.
    i understand Basically what you are talking about but i have no idea Where or what version i should find?
    he does run the tractor beam,i dont.
    im more of a run and gun and hes wanting to be the cloak master,But,
    we are out of money ingame and just learning the ropes.
    so,we would both be happy to just have a good< setup and be making waves.
    he gets blown up more than i do,but he also makes a fraction more score.
    we do both have delta flyers,one time use? scorpions,voth fighters and some runabout.

where we are ingame.
    doing the sunrise and time and tide missions.
    figuring out and using the admiralty system,which is amazing.
    not figuring out how to use training manuals on our guys even tho we bought guys off the exchange and the manuals for them.
    ive watched vids n weve tried and it just stays red.
    we now have doubles even of these manuals and still cant get them onto the officers.
    know its gonna turn out to be something simple,but very frustrating.

ty again,for any Patience and assistance.

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    It sounds like Inverted Tractor Beams is probably a bit out of reach for the time being then(Graga Mal is the name of one of the required duty officers, I forget the name of the other one).

Manuals are something you use from the skills tab of your bridge officers(same-ish screen as your captain, just select one of your Boffs on the left side). Keep in mind you cannot use specialization manuals unless you've obtained that specialization(Intel, Command, Pilot, etc.) for them. Once you've trained your Boffs, you have to goto the Stations tab(at the top) and set those abilities on your actual ships.
  • rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    i got the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruise and was wondering which are the best hangar pets to use?