test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artisinal Sound System

Will we be seeing a return of the wonky cartoon sounds from last year's April 1? 'Cause that was hilarious. I happened to play the finale of Agents of Yesterday with a friend on that day and it was hilarious.
https://youtu.be/hl3B8LHfONA

Or maybe some kind of Easter-related prank event, since April 1 is Easter, too.

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It should be called the fartisinal sound system.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

This is a professional game, not a game by children. Let us be mature and not immature in this regard.

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    If we can't get the playable Horta race we were promised 2 years ago, the TRIBBLE is a tolerable substitution.

NO KILL I !!
    edited March 2018
    sthe91 wrote: »

This is a professional game, not a game by children. Let us be mature and not immature in this regard.
    The nature of this sound system was an April Fools prank and that is why I called it that, not to mention quite a few of the sounds used did sound like people blowing raspberries.

The vast majority of my posts have been mature but as soon as I say something otherwise for the first time I immediately get confronted for it.

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

The nature of this sound system was an April Fools prank and that is why I called it that, not to mention quite a few of the sounds used did sound like people blowing raspberries.

The vast majority of my posts have been mature but as soon as I say something otherwise for the first time I immediately get confronted for it.

I enjoyed your post and didn't see anything wrong with it. The Artisinal Sound System was supposed to be a joke.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I want the A.S.S. as an option year round. It was a blast.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    I want the A.S.S. as an option year round.

*raises eyebrow*

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    The Artisinal Sonofication System, and it's beautiful, incredible, world changing effects, were a fleeting moment in time. To touch such masterful beauty again would be as to touch the wind. Only a mad man would attempt to repeat such beautiful artistry.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well. that is a long (winded?), round about way of saying "no".
    The Artisinal Sonofication System, and it's beautiful, incredible, world changing effects, were a fleeting moment in time. To touch such masterful beauty again would be as to touch the wind. Only a mad man would attempt to repeat such beautiful artistry.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Yeah, I knew they wouldn't do it again.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

How about rolling back the servers to Season 1?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

I was disappointed they didn't do that again last year, lol. I've gotten into more than a few arguments on other forums about why I think it's a bad idea that another developer is working on Classic servers for their MMO, but unlike that game Classic STO is something I actually miss.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Well then, are you asking for angry-mad or crazy-mad or skillz-mad? Because I can do all three well. Further, if I eat my vegetables before playing, I can successfully pull off all three simultaneously. And what level of mad are you looking for?Barely miffed or psychotically raving while swinging a bat'leth at hordes of Borg? Acting like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man or going for the full on Joker mode. Complete with Mark Hamill laugh? Or maybe Chaos Space Marine? A little sample: "Sanity is for the WEAK!" Or breaking out my all-Epic all-the-Time Lobi Adapted Battlecruiser with the ree-donk-ulous DPS? Would this be enough? Perhaps the Joker in command of said battlecruiser playing Korfez elite while singing dirty Klingon drinking songs and cursing viciously over the internet whenever I don't one-shot that Tac Cube

Tell me what you want and I'm your huckleberry(still one of the best things Val Kilmer ever did).

Kidding aside, I did not get the joke at first. TBH, I thought one of my Fleetmates was jacking with me. Only after I snapped on him, did I notice the new button on the screen. I was ticked off at myself for being such a dweeb and being caught out by such an obvious joke. Then, I fired my TOS Phasers and nearly fell off my chair laughing. When I fired them again, and the sound effect changed to something different, I had to stop playing I was giggling so hard. This one feature was and remains one of the best things Cryptic has ever put into the game. It made me like you guys again after I had begun to think and believe that you only cared about the size and frequency of my purchases

Please keep this feature in the game. Add to it. Polish it. Make it bigger and better. Please enable it again this April 1st. But limit it to only April Fool's Day. Not any other day. Because some things are too good to put into play too often.

Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    'dirty' klingon drinking songs? that's redundant - all klingon drinking songs are dirty​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

I was disappointed they didn't do that again last year, lol. I've gotten into more than a few arguments on other forums about why I think it's a bad idea that another developer is working on Classic servers for their MMO, but unlike that game Classic STO is something I actually miss.

Doing a Rebirth Weekend event on the Redshirt Servers would be great and April Fools is on a Sunday. The last time it was done, it was for only one day and a few hours is wasted installing it. Although, I half expect it will involve a giant pink rabbit since Easter and April Fools is the same day.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 361 Cryptic Developer
    The Artisinal Sonofication System, and its beautiful, incredible, world changing effects, were a fleeting moment in time. To touch such masterful beauty again would be as to touch the wind. Only a mad man would attempt to repeat such beautiful artistry.

Dude, the switch is right here. I can just... turn it on. See? Just flip the switch.

(If only it were actually that easy...)

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    'dirty' klingon drinking songs? that's redundant - all klingon drinking songs are dirty​​

Tell me about it. I played some David Allen Coe for one of my Klingon friends. His response? "Awww! How cute!" lol

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    All you have to do is remove the coding “remarks” and upload the changes to the server... Make it so!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Maybe we should bring back Divide et Impera as a special event FE with the artisinal sounds enabled. :P

Okay, not really. But the best thing to do with the artisinal sound system is play the most dramatic missions.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    If it comes back and you want an inappropriately funny cutscene... do the mission in the Delta Quadrant where the Vadwaar guy takes over Nelix's colony and starts executing hostages. The sound effects are so funny for a serious / horrifying scene. It's so GREAT! >:)
  • we need a 2.0 ^^
    [center][img] http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/sto_122209_cruiser_bg.jpg [/img][/center]
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    "zoom!"
    we need a 2.0 ^^

Indeed.