test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moving Things From Inventory To Ship

caldarion1caldarion1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi all! Very very new player here and floundering a bit. I finally figured out how to pass things around the landing party, but when I have ship upgrades fall into my inventory, how do I get those to be installed on my ship? I know, another noob question...but love the game and would love to figure it out!

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    ok, here goes, step by step.

Press the U key. Select tab for your ship on the left. Make sure you have STATUS tab selected at the top. Open your inventory. Now drag and drop stuff from your inventory to appropriate slot(s) on ship. Note that when you start to drag something, the slot or slots where that thing can go will change color.

You CAN just right-click something in inventory and choose Equip from the popup, but that can result in things disappearing, so I strongly discommend it. If you do use this method, and lose something, check the Visuals tab before you submit a ticket.
  • Options
    caldarion1caldarion1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you very much. I will give that a try =)
  • Options
    ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    ok, here goes, step by step.

Press the U key. Select tab for your ship on the left. Make sure you have STATUS tab selected at the top. Open your inventory. Now drag and drop stuff from your inventory to appropriate slot(s) on ship. Note that when you start to drag something, the slot or slots where that thing can go will change color.

You CAN just right-click something in inventory and choose Equip from the popup, but that can result in things disappearing, so I strongly discommend it. If you do use this method, and lose something, check the Visuals tab before you submit a ticket.

Things don't disappear: Sometimes they end up in the Visuals slots.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User

Things don't disappear: Sometimes they end up in the Visuals slots.

Yes they do, but since you are new to STO, i will excuse you.

Joined January 15... I don't think you get to call anyone new.
  • Options
    ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Every item that ever went missing I recovered by manually emptying the slot on the current ship, clicking on the empty slot, and finding the item in the big list. Its always been there for me. And while I have been on an off over the years, well, I can show you my Chromodynamic Armor...
    Post edited by ihatepwe735 on