test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are exploding Borg Cubes invisible?

At least to me? Is that a known bug that everyone has and no one talks about, or is something only affecting me?
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    They are too big.

I've had the same issue with the Snowlord in Winter Wonderland. At times it was also invisible.

Another bug with the cubes is that whenever you create a rift, they move downward a few kilometers. As if something is causing friction and sending them down a bit. I guess it's another consequence of the same issue: their size.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    It happens to me too, but it did so for, I want to say, at least two years. So I figured it's one of those things that's just like that now, like the myriad of broken ground animations.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It happens to me too, but it did so for, I want to say, at least two years. So I figured it's one of those things that's just like that now, like the myriad of broken ground animations.​​

I miss when the melee rifle butt attack animation had a kick and a rifle swing in it.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Add it to the heap of broken things Cryptic doesn't bother to fix for some reason.
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »

I miss when the melee rifle butt attack animation had a kick and a rifle swing in it.

I think that's intended. Unfortunately.

Same thing with Tricorder scan and Target optics at one moment suddenly having lost their expose chance. These are changes with far-reaching consequences for gameplay on the ground for some builds, I doubt they would have left it broken for so long so I think they changed it on purpose.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Same thing with Tricorder scan and Target optics at one moment suddenly having lost their expose chance. These are changes with far-reaching consequences for gameplay on the ground for some builds, I doubt they would have left it broken for so long so I think they changed it on purpose.

I highly doubt animations being lost for absolutely no reason is intended. it's a visual only change.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options

I highly doubt animations being lost for absolutely no reason is intended. it's a visual only change.

But it's not just the animation that has changed. The rifle butt used to have an expose chance as well if you hit enemies multiple times with your weapon.

I don't think that's still the case but I could be mistaken here.

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maybe as it explodes their stash of "invisi torps" also go boom rendering the cube itself invisible.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Maybe as it explodes their stash of "invisi torps" also go boom rendering the cube itself invisible.

:D

But seriously...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_rot

And since new ships and lock boxes are the fore front of development here maybe a little...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

Green people don't have to be.... little.