test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General Feedback from a returning player

johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
Okay, so I came back a few weeks ago after 2 years of not playing and I just wanted to leave some feedback in case someone's interested^^

Let me start with the good stuff first:
1) The skill revamp at least made engs and scis more playable again, thank you a lot for that.
2) Reducing the Skill-cost for lvls 50->60 also great thing, can have all those chars that were stuck on lvl 52 raised to lvl 60 in no time, especially with admiralty. Also Admiralty helps a lot with catching up with spec points, so thats also a skill-related thing thats now much much better.
3) Infinity Promotions and Lock Box: also awesome to get all those older stuff now much easier.
4) Miracle Worker: loce that spec and the ships with the miracle worker special abilites thats also well done. Much like the Pilot special ability ships, those are still fun to play as well. Btw: I want a ship with com MW, lt com intel and those jumping around pilot special abilities pls make that happen thanks.
5) Most of the new Episodes I've played so far have also been fun and interesting. Keep that up^^ ;)

Now there is also still some stuff left to fix:
1) Still, whenever I log in, one of the first things I see is that those class/faction icons left of my chars names in the char selection screen right after logging in aren't displayed properly, as in some are missing. They will reappear once I click on that char, but its like come on, I'm not even in the game yet really and I already have to deal with some stupid bug. Its just a tiny very small not really doing anything bug, so I assume its like the lowest point in your priority list but its like this since I play the game and it just feels bad so pls fix that thx.
2) I would love to have an option to increase mouse wheel scrolling speed ingame. Like for the Admiralty UI as an example. I already got finger pains from the constant scrolling and those tiny scrollbars aren't really easy to click fast as well so they arent really helping as well.
3) The sci- and eng- class "ultimates" feel bad compared to the tac one, also the sci skills feel a bit like well there could be a bit more creativity put into making those more interesting and compatative with eng or tac skills. The eng one should also increase max power levels like EPS power transfer does (at least thats my view on it).

Now here are my three most "pls fix that" type points:

1) The queues: some are like almost never played. I know I can use those premade but I feel like its the games' job to make them interesting enough so I can be lazy and just queue up and eventually they will open and I mean maybe up to 5-10 Minutes max, not like never or hours.
To do constructive feedback here are my 2 cents on how to achieve this:
*) remove daily bonus or all mark choise from red alert, its just to easy to do one daily every two days and do your rep like that and never play the normal queue missions once
*) increase mark rewards especially on advanced and even more so on elite for all missions
*) make a system that is automatically increasing rewards for missions that haven't been played in the last 10 minutes. Like for every 10 Minutes a Queue-mission hasn't been started (not counting premades of course), the mission rewards increase by some percentage/fixed amout say 500 dil and +50% marks or something like that. Eventually even the most rarely played mission will pop when the rewards are high enough. Also: With that system you will get good data on how much rewards player really expect from different missions, which should also be a good inverse indicator for queue mission quality that might help you with making better missions in the future.

2) Abilities: Now while Engs and Scis are much much more playable and fun, there are still some abilities that are in a very very sad state:
Let me explain that using a fantasy rpg parabel: Imaging your brave knight hast just slain the dragon and is looking for its treasure. Now the game master discribes you this increadible looking sword and shield, with gems everywhere and this dark increadably flamy looking edge and whatnot. Its like the most shiny and beautful and devasting looking sword/shield combo ever. And well you're like yeah awesome now I can defeat the evil overlord and become the greatest hero ever. But when you take the sword and bring it out of the slain dragons lair you realize its made from vulcanic glass and super heavy and will propably burst into a thousand peaces if you hit someone with it. And the gamemaster tells you the rpg game related stats of that sword and it does no dmg and breaks with the first hit.

So what I mean is that there are a good number of really great looking abilities, mostly talking starship traits and special consoles now, but also normal BO-skills, that really look great, just like that sword in my little story above, and they sound great too when you read the discribtion and all that... but just like the sword the knight found, they just dont do anything. The look great, but using them feels really bad because you know instread of something matching the awesomeness we see on the screen, the actual numbers tell a much different story.

At least for me the new discovery based ship crossfield class is one of the coolest and fun to play with ships I had in a very long while. And the black alert trait is also just awesome, at least visually. But what I really dont understand is why does it have to be so extremely bad? I mean I can have only 5 starship traits, so it feels bad to use one just because it looks nice so in short: just buff the damn thing^^ You can give that one 10 times more dmg and it still wouldnt be a problem. I guess thats also quite subjective but at least I feel like this ability and others like it just dont do what they are supposed to, namely being aresome and not only visually.

3) Make an elite version of every mission and if you see those get done to often, make it ultra elite. Just make sure there is alays a level where failure is the norm^^ (so we can work towards not failing and be happy when we dont) ;)

All in all I'm really enjoying the game right now, just make sure to fix those points up there ;)
Oh and one thing: put the discovery uniform in the c-store pls, I seemed to have missed it when it was available. Thx. Keep up the good work.