test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Crossfield UR prize in next infinity lockbox!

Yes! This!

So far the only two URs are Vonph and Acheros. Market is saturated! No more value!

Exchange:
Infinity UR T6: 60 million!
Infinity Normal T6: 250 million!

Correction needed!

Plus Discovery is turning up to be great! Lots of people want! Possible material to carry the game another 5 years! Make crossfield accessible!

Now, the discovery haters may now begin their digital mental breakdown. Thank you for your attention!
Tex@luckyyahoo, U.S.S. Rocinante
STO fauna enthusiast/Joker extraordinaire
Vote Nanov!

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    The only problem I can see is that you may have proposed this a little early. There's always a one lockbox delay before they add to Infinity, so Tzenkathi won't be added until Discovery is discontinued and Discovery won't make it in until the one after it (Gamma? Hur'q? whatever they'll call it) is discontinued. That means it's almost six months (roughly) before the Crossfield is even eligible to be an Infinity prize. When the time comes, however, I think they probably will make the T6 Discovery ship (Crossfield/Sarcophagus) pack an UR prize.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    To be fair, it seems that the Ultra rare ships were just a one-off (ok two-off) thing that has been abandoned.

Like the Tal Shiar warp cores, or the Andorian weapons, it's a typical example of something new being introduced and then for some reason it is never continued / integrated with other systems.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I may be being somewhat cynical but this reads like "I can't make unholy amounts of EC off of these two ships, so Cryptic please add more so I can make unholy amounts of EC for less personal expenditure."

Given the amount of doggy doo doo there is for 250 million plus versus two solid ships (though one does make an annoying noise), I think there's more value in those two than there is in the multi-millionaires club. Sona Collecter is a 1 billion pile of garbage for example.

It's also nice Joe Newbie can get a cheaper option.

Sorry if you aren't in the category mentioned above but I'd say it applies to more than a few players.
    I may be being somewhat cynical but this reads like "I can't make unholy amounts of EC off of these two ships, so Cryptic please add more so I can make unholy amounts of EC for less personal expenditure."

Given the amount of doggy doo doo there is for 250 million plus versus two solid ships (though one does make an annoying noise), I think there's more value in those two than there is in the multi-millionaires club. Sona Collecter is a 1 billion pile of garbage for example.

It's also nice Joe Newbie can get a cheaper option.

Sorry if you aren't in the category mentioned above but I'd say it applies to more than a few players.

Well I think it's a bit strange, even unfair that these ships which are much harder to get, are worth less. Why call them ultra rare ships when they don't seem to be that rare?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    To be fair, it seems that the Ultra rare ships were just a one-off (ok two-off) thing that has been abandoned.

Like the Tal Shiar warp cores, or the Andorian weapons, it's a typical example of something new being introduced and then for some reason it is never continued / integrated with other systems.

But we keep getting those prizes! If they're discontinued, they should be merged with other T6

Yes I agree. The whole distinction never made sense to me.

Before the Infinity box was launched, the Vonph and Acheros were the ultra rare prizes from their respective lock boxes. If they're not going to add multiple ships to newer lock boxes, then they might as well reverse things and make the Vonph and Acheros 'normal' rare ones.

It makes little sense to keep them 'ultra rare' when their respective lock boxes (in which one ship was more rare than the other) are never going to drop again and none of the newer lock boxes have two T6 ships in them.

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    "60 million" is not a saturated market. People discarding the ships because they can't get rid of them otherwise would be ...

But I get your point. Though to be fair, the only problem is the description as "Ultra Rare", but these monikers are loosely correlated to actuall supply at best (the "Very Rare" phoenix box reward is quite common actually).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    There has been a clear cycle to the infinity lockboxes for awhile now. Barring an extreme change to that cycle you're looking at about 6 months, technically 5 now since we're in Feb, but still a good while before it hits the infinity box. As for the Vonph and Acheros, they were an ultra rare ship that could drop from their respective boxes. You had the chance to drop either the traditional prize like the Quas or so on, or you could drop a Vonph/Acheros. From the way I understood it, you could potentially drop a Vonph and a Quas from the same box if you were lucky enough to do so. Since the Vonph and Acheros were on their own separate prize drop they were given their own box in the infinity boxes from my understanding of things. Far as to why they didn't keep doing a 2nd ship in the boxes like that is for them to answer but it makes sense as to why the boxes were done the way they were in the infinity box. Personally I think the Crossfield is ugly as sin but to each their own as far as ship preference.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Crossfield is not a UR prize. Therefore it will not go in the UR pack in the infinity lock box.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They are not going to put a ship in the UR box just because you want it for cheaper.
    There has been a clear cycle to the infinity lockboxes for awhile now. Barring an extreme change to that cycle you're looking at about 6 months, technically 5 now since we're in Feb, but still a good while before it hits the infinity box. As for the Vonph and Acheros, they were an ultra rare ship that could drop from their respective boxes. You had the chance to drop either the traditional prize like the Quas or so on, or you could drop a Vonph/Acheros.

Indeed.

With those boxes now retired though, and everything thrown together in the infinity boxes, I don't think it makes sense to keep the distinction between very rare and ultra rare.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Yes! This!
    Exchange:
    Infinity UR T6: 60 million!
    Infinity Normal T6: 250 million!

Correction needed!
    oh noes there are 2 whole ships with semi-rational prices on the EX!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Better idea, discontinue the UR box and put the ships in with the other T6 ships.
    No, the ships should still be harder to get from an odds perspective. Maybe a third option should be added to the UR pack. That is say, drop a VR pack that consumes your UR pack.

In a way, it's sort of what the OP wants but instead of devaluing the Crossfield to essentially nothing, it boosts the value of Vonphs and Acheros to be very valuable again. All other T6 ships will take a tiny hit in their value from the ever so slightly increased supply coming from UR packs.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Better idea, discontinue the UR box and put the ships in with the other T6 ships.
    No, the ships should still be harder to get from an odds perspective.
    Why?
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    So the Acheros and Vonph drop in their own box? That explains why they are so unusually cheap compared to all the other T6's, as a returning player it's been bugging me how they seem to be the only 2 T6 ships that are way cheaper than the rest - I thought they were broken or just plain trash so nobody wanted them or something.

I always wanted a Vonph since release but could never afford the insane 1b+ price tag they used to go for, now I own it and the Acheros thanks to the tanked prices.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.