test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] A BIG thank you to Atreides!

First of all, if I knew how to get a hold of the guy I’d tell him in person... But since I don’t, I thought it would be a nice gesture to thank him publicly and hope he sees it...

Background: I’ve been playing on PC since Legacy of Romulus was released, and have been an LTSer since shortly thereafter. But my kids asked for and received a PS4 for Christmas, so thought it would be cool to get my STO fix from multiple sources. I created a character and have been playing a mission or two every weekend, and not had too much difficulty. However, last night as I thought I could get away with playing The Doomsday Device and The City on the Edge of Never, I ran into a HUGE difficulty defeating the I.K.S Baj at the Gateway System. For some reason, I could defeat every other enemy in the mission, but the Baj tore me apart time and time again...

THEN, about 10:45pm a very wonderful person with tons of patience offered to help me through the mission. My wife demanded I get off the PS4, Atreides was speaking to me on his headset (something we don’t own), and I was trying frantically to type on the goofy non-user-friendly chat slider. Anyway, after the mission, I got off the PS4 so quickly, I didn’t have much of a chance to thank him for his time and help...

Gratitude: if Atreides ever stops by the forums, thank you sir, for your patience with my request for help, my awfully slow chat messaging, my constant explosions, my not knowing where to find anything on console STO, and my leaving abruptly after finishing the mission. Thank you also for the tips and invitations while playing... I really was listening and paying attention...

:)
CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

Comments

• tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    The sentiment is great and i'm sure they would appreciate. I however would caution against using the name as I don't want you to get in trouble. Using other people's names in forum posts is a little finicky rule wise if memory serves.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Thank you Tom... I was under the impression using the character name would be okay as they are not unique, so long as the @handle wasn’t mentioned, as they are actually tied to an individual...

I will be more cautious in the future...

Thank you!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well naming for the purposes of shaming is a no-no, but this is a heartfelt thank-you, so I think it's okay
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    This community is full of people like the one described by the OP, I believe it is a critical component of the longevity of this game.

Tons of things will draw new players to STO, Vets taking the time to help out new players will make these new players stay.

Two Saurian thumbs up!