test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bajoran Interceptor Questions

2»

Comments

• orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Still haven't flown it yet, the experimental weapon lacks a little.....fanfare. It's like a micro fus-roh-dah shouted by a Borrower.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Actually, it may sound weird, but I think my favorite thing about the Interceptor isn't even the ship itself...

It's the separation of ship and Warp Core in the Account Rewards Store. I love this, I really do. I love being able to claim the warp core for the set on different characters without having to claim the entire ship and use up a ship or drydock slot. I hope deeply that they go back and rework the earlier event ships and special items so they're the same way. It'd be nice to see, especially with the Kobali Samsar (warp core and console), the Krenim Science Vessel (Torpedo and console) or the various Breen ships...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I don't, it wastes space in the store and unnecessarily pads the list. The list padding is bad enough with the ships you missed not being hidden.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Still haven't flown it yet, the experimental weapon lacks a little.....fanfare. It's like a micro fus-roh-dah shouted by a Borrower.

I have no idea what are you talking about.. and I 'been a nerd all my life.. :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Reman shield visual REALLY works on this, looks absolutely superb.

Seems a pretty capable ship too in my testing thus far.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. The Reman actually makes it look like a STEALTH Interceptor. Unlike the Stained Glass Ambassador. *shudders*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I have no idea what are you talking about.. and I 'been a nerd all my life.. :wink:

Fus-Ro-Dah! A very powerful Shout in Skyrim that the Dragonborn can use to stagger opponents backwards. Not sure what a Borrower is.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    The Borrower reference is an old one. Maybe too old for most of you young'uns,

Surely nearly everybody has heard of fus-roh-da or at least Skyrim, or have you JUST been playing STO for the last 8 years (shudders, I couldn't just do STO for 8 years).
    I dunno, I'm not so young myself anymore. Unless it's older than 57?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I don't, it wastes space in the store and unnecessarily pads the list. The list padding is bad enough with the ships you missed not being hidden.

Maybe so. I'd rather have a list that I only use a few times a year per character 'unnecessarily padded' than a ship roster that I use on a frequent basis, though.
    The Borrower reference is an old one. Maybe too old for most of you young'uns,

Surely nearly everybody has heard of fus-roh-da or at least Skyrim, or have you JUST been playing STO for the last 8 years (shudders, I couldn't just do STO for 8 years).

"The Borrowers" isn't that a book about tiny people, maybe an inch or so tall, that live in walls and under floors and 'borrow' things like bits of food, pencil stubs, thread spools, etc. from humans?
    Not quite as familiar with "Skyrim". Is that anything like "Final Fantasy"?

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    @turbomagnus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPF9eO5_6U
    Educate yourself in the awesomeness.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *Recoils*
    Hssss... first-person... No likes it... No, we's no likes it...

*Chuckles.*
    Sorry. Had a moment there. Looks okay, but I've just got this thing that keeps me from really enjoying first-person POV games for some reason. Don't ask why, I don't know, I just don't.
    You can actually set it to third person as well.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Yes, "The Borrowers" was a series of children's books concerning a race of tiny people that lived in the walls of the Big People's houses. Their "borrowing" was supposed to be what was happening to all those little items you leave lying around that you suddenly can't find any more.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    I should have just said "tiny person" instead....:P
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It's the separation of ship and Warp Core in the Account Rewards Store. I love this, I really do. I love being able to claim the warp core for the set on different characters without having to claim the entire ship and use up a ship or drydock slot. I hope deeply that they go back and rework the earlier event ships and special items so they're the same way. It'd be nice to see, especially with the Kobali Samsar (warp core and console), the Krenim Science Vessel (Torpedo and console) or the various Breen ships...

I don't understand ... you can just get the ship (including console or whatever you're looking for), get the admiralty card along the way, and discard the ship after stripping it of its interestin assets. No need for any slots, unless you're really running on limit (0 empty on both), which I wouldn't recommend, because you cannot get drydocked ships back in this scenario, so you could just as well have discarded them.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    *Recoils*
    Hssss... first-person... No likes it... No, we's no likes it...

*Chuckles.*
    Sorry. Had a moment there. Looks okay, but I've just got this thing that keeps me from really enjoying first-person POV games for some reason. Don't ask why, I don't know, I just don't.

Yeah, as rattler said, you can set Skyrim to third person shortly after the intro. I don't like third person either and only use it when I have to.

Skryim is teh awesomesauce, as is the other games in TES series, particularly Oblivion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Pretty sure Morrowind is the best, the later games just kept on stripping away RPG gameplay features from the series that they mostly feel more like action adventure games posing as RPG's, they also had the most unoriginal plots especially Skyrim's unoriginal and cliche essentially dragon slaying plot which follows the same "dragons are terrorizing us and we must slay them" routine which many medieval fantasy stories have already done to death. Daggerfall and Morrowind have the most original stories of the series. Arena despite being the first game is completely awful though.
    Yeah, Morrowind is the Elder Scrolls purists game of choice. In fact in that game you could easily completely destroy the games plot by killing a story quest giver. That's a choice right there.

Oh and kill everything runs are possible, apart from cliffracers, you could never kill all the cliffracers.
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Pretty sure Morrowind is the best, the later games just kept on stripping away RPG gameplay features from the series that they mostly feel more like action adventure games posing as RPG's, they also had the most unoriginal plots especially Skyrim's unoriginal and cliche essentially dragon slaying plot which follows the same "dragons are terrorizing us and we must slay them" routine which many medieval fantasy stories have already done to death. Daggerfall and Morrowind have the most original stories of the series. Arena despite being the first game is completely awful though.

Just as a side note, Skyrim's plot is substantially more uncertain than that. Political conflicts (the stability, but distant and disconnected rule of the Empire? Or the risk and connection of an independent Skyrim?), the potential that you may actually be disrupting the ordained order of things, the whispered scheming of the Thalmor, etc.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that Bajor is part of the Cardassian Union. The Cardis tried to basically strip mine their planet and use the Bajorans as slave labor. There would be no reason to have a Cardassian prefix on a Bajoran Militia vessel.

Anyways... I got mine today... and HOLY SHTAKO! She's badass! Loaded her with my Phased Biomatter Dual Heavies, Quantum Phase set, threw on the 3 piece Bajor set, the 3 piece Kelvin set, and a full set of Phaser Locators... I wrecked house in Tau Dewa patrols! And I kinda like the new Experimental. Much nicer than the stock Electric thing we all have access to.

And I gotta say... the fact that the Bajor Core's ability is basically a passive aura that is always active... one less clicky for the power tray! Its actually pretty sweet!

I named my main's Tomcat, after the real world F-14. And my KDF's is named after a Kilrathi fighter.

You just fit so many nerd references in there, and it was GLORIOUS
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Morrowind is great and all, but I am not purist enough to really enjoy long hikes instead of fast travel or similar. If this were within a dungeon people would call it filler. And sure it is overdone in Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3+. As for essential quest givers having permadeath - that also is okay, if you have enough information to begin with when you meet them. And I don't mean "I went on a killing spree for the lulz and now everybody's dead and I can't progress", that should be obvious.

It sure has more intriguing surroundings than Oblivion (although Shivering Isles really amped that up there) or Skyrim, and I'd love to play it with better graphics. Unfortunately the mods available on the Nexus make my game display the most annoying bugs like everybody being naked, so that's not an option right now.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries