test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please reduce the number of map transitions?

shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
Because they don't always work.

The context is, I was doing my usual run around the fleet facilities, for my usual daily routine - which means visiting the Dilithium Mine, the Starbase, and the Research Lab. (Some people might visit all the facilities, but I'm lazy.)

This entailed going to the Dilithium Mine (Space) map, beaming down to the ground map, then transwarping to the Starbase (Space) map... which was the point where the map transition failed, and I was left staring at a loading screen until I got kicked out with a "Timeout waiting for GameServer address" error message and had to log back in.

This doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough to be annoying, and in any case, this setup where I have to go through map after map just to get to another map is cumbersome and irritating. To get from the Research Lab to the Dilithium Mine, for instance, everyone needs to go:-

Research Lab (Space)->
Research Lab (Ground)->
Starbase (Space)->
Starbase (Ground)->
Dilithium Mine (Space)->
Dilithium Mine (Ground)

That's five map transitions, with a non-zero chance of being kicked out of the game during each one. That's too much faffing around.

Perhaps a "Fleet transwarp hub" project might be a possibility? Something a fleet can build, whereby you can just open up an interface, select a destination, and go directly to where you want to be. Does that sound unreasonable? I don't think it does.
8b6YIel.png?1