test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/25/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/25 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    For the materials, that means that the ships will now be able to use the TOS version?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that caused stacks of this trait's bonus to be applied based on Pre-Resist Damage.

yeah...there was no 'issue' - you DESIGNED it that way, it wasn't bugged - it may have been overpowered, but it damn well wasn't bugged​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Yes, thanks for putting that force-verify does not work on the launcher. Please fix soon. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    loool..
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well given the tons of changes to the recently released ships, it certainly seems like they were rushed out the door.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well given the tons of changes to the recently released ships, it certainly seems like they were rushed out the door.

On par for Cryptic...

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    For the materials, that means that the ships will now be able to use the TOS version?

I hope so. As good as the Crossfield already looks, I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to look astounding in a TOS hull material.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Wait a second, the new emotes are actually meant to be account unlocked? Ahahah! That's so not getting fixed till after the Anniversary event is well over, if it is ever getting fixed.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I hardly see the Crossfield class as good looking at all, it's fugly as hell.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    *burns for heresy*

These changes sound pretty good overall.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

This is a fairly typical reaction from older Trek fans - the newest ship is the worst, until later, when it's not. The Galaxy-class got it pretty bad too back in the day, so I'm told.
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    jexsamx wrote: »

This is a fairly typical reaction from older Trek fans - the newest ship is the worst, until later, when it's not. The Galaxy-class got it pretty bad too back in the day, so I'm told.
    Except I am not even an older Trek fan. There's plenty of reasons why I find it fugly, and while I am not a fan of the Galaxy I don't find it ugly overall.

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    I appreciate the note about emotes supposed to be account unlocks.

However I see another issue that will become a problem down the line: Discovery Kit Modules.
    They are not bound on equip but bound immediately when you open the Special Equipment Pack.
    Not a problem now when you still can trade the equipment pack itself.
    Huge problem when discovery stuff moves into infinity down the line. I do not need to spell out why do I?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that caused stacks of this trait's bonus to be applied based on Pre-Resist Damage.

yeah...there was no 'issue' - you DESIGNED it that way, it wasn't bugged - it may have been overpowered, but it damn well wasn't bugged​​

since its even in the announcment post listed as pre resistance, ay ^^
  • eixeixeixeix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So I think a different approach to balancing the Honored Dead trait should be considered.

Doing Gauntlet on advanced, I haven't seen 20 stacks (I get around 14-15) and my Fleetmate got up to 20 once when we were testing the trait (and died shortly after because he aggro'ed too many things). If you reduce the benefit and the pre-resist condition, people won't survive to see the full 20 stack benefit or worse, their combat will end before they get it.

What we were thinking is reduce the stacks to 10, set the resist bonus to 15, hull regen at 2%, and keep the post-resist condition. This gives you 150 resist (37.5%), 20% hull regen, and is easier to obtain the full effect even though it won't be as powerful as a full 20 stacks of 10 resist (which would be 50% if you can manage to get there).

The biggest problem right now is that there are few if any engagements where the combat last long enough to get the 20 stacks. Any phase changes will end combat and the stacks go away. So having less stacks that give a decent amount will benefit people more on both shorter engagements and longer ones.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Wait a second, the new emotes are actually meant to be account unlocked? Ahahah! That's so not getting fixed till after the Anniversary event is well over, if it is ever getting fixed.

I expect the account-wide emotes to be fixed around the same time they give back the Aim function.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYoMNgOfbE

Like in an MMORPG, when in a continual state of aggro.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

At least the beating with the nerf bat will bring the price down on the Exchange.
  • trezvuy11111trezvuy11111 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Reduced magnitude of bonus received from each stack from +20 Damage Resistance Rating and 2% Hull Regeneration to +10 Damage Resistance Rating and 1% Hull Regeneration. you just need to reduce the number of stacks from 20 to 10 and leave +20 Damage Resistance Rating and 2% Hull Regeneration. 20 stacks very difficult to score fight last less
    Post edited by trezvuy11111 on
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    so throw it away now? I have a lot of these still.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    jexsamx wrote: »

I'm an "older" Trek fan. So what? I hate the Crossfield and Sarc, love and have the Walker. Just because some of us don't like it, doesn't mean we don't have legitimate reasons or that we're just "older Trek Fans" and therefore our opinion is irrelevant. I actually liked the Galaxy btw, and the NX.
    tyler002 wrote: »

I expect the account-wide emotes to be fixed around the same time they give back the Aim function.

What's wrong with the aim function? Mine works fine,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

You can still aim by pressing the aim key. Are you talking about shooter mode? I'm fairly sure that still exists too.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    It would be nice if they could fix being able to turn in DOff's for better or worse quality DOff's. This has been broken for at least a month now. Trying to round up enough white quality DOff's for fleet projects as well as trying to improve my DOff rosters has basically come to a standstill.
    edited January 2018
    gradii wrote: »

You can still aim by pressing the aim key. Are you talking about shooter mode? I'm fairly sure that still exists too.

The X-key Aim mode, they managed to TRIBBLE it up quite a while ago. As soon as you activate it on any character created after that point, it auto-deactivates itself. Pretty sure it has been brought up often, but they never seem to fix it.
  • eixeixeixeix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Reduced magnitude of bonus received from each stack from +20 Damage Resistance Rating and 2% Hull Regeneration to +10 Damage Resistance Rating and 1% Hull Regeneration. you just need to reduce the number of stacks from 20 to 10 and leave +20 Damage Resistance Rating and 2% Hull Regeneration. 20 stacks very difficult to score fight last less

That would work as well and with the post-resist damage count instead of the pre-resist, it should balance out decently.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2018

The X-key Aim mode, they managed to **** it up quite a while ago. As soon as you activate it on any character created after that point, it auto-deactivates itself. Pretty sure it has been brought up often, but they never seem to fix it.

I think there is switch somewhere in the options that can change the Aim key from toggle to keeping it... yep - just checked on Tribble in Options, Controls tab (second or third from bottom, you need to scroll down) : "Aim mode as a toggle"
    saber1973a wrote: »

The X-key Aim mode, they managed to **** it up quite a while ago. As soon as you activate it on any character created after that point, it auto-deactivates itself. Pretty sure it has been brought up often, but they never seem to fix it.

I think there is switch somewhere in the options that can change the Aim key from toggle to keeping it... yep - just checked on Tribble in Options, Controls tab (second or third from bottom, you need to scroll down) : "Aim mode as a toggle"

Most interesting.