test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will discovery come into the game?

Will there be possible tie-ins to the tv show maybe in the future ? Thanks :)

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I'm not a Cryptic employer so nothing I say is even close to official, but it's quite probable that there will be some sort of Discovery content in the future, probably not direct tie ins (as CBS/Paramount doesn't want to be limited by what is made by Cryptic) but something will most likely put in-game.

As for what and when, we'll know when they're ready tell us and not before. Cryptic personel have said that they don't want to discuss about their plans for upcoming content until such time they're reasonbly sure said content will end up on Holodeck (aka the version of the game most players play).
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    We've already had a tie-in to the show, we got the uniform. As for anything else, eventually there is a possibility we might get something. Considering they've been allowed to use assets from all the other live action shows, I personally think it's inevitable.

But, something could of course come up and nix those plans since unlike all the previous shows, Discovery is still in production.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > We've already had a tie-in to the show, we got the uniform. As for anything else, eventually there is a possibility we might get something. Considering they've been allowed to use assets from all the other live action shows, I personally think it's inevitable.
    >
    > But, something could of course come up and nix those plans since unlike all the previous shows, Discovery is still in production.

But it would be nice! To see some stuff from discovery added like with the Terran empire. We’re havent seen much of them in the game for awhile now.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    as it turns out, the 23rd is when you get it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yup, the Discovery lockbox is official, so there ya go.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    danny3421 wrote: »
    Will there be possible tie-ins to the tv show maybe in the future ? Thanks :)

I have some good news and some bad news.....

The bad new is that it's not "possible" that there will be a tie in to the show. :(

But there is the good news......

It's a 100% certainty that it will happen...next Tuesday! ;)

Details are below.

Discovery Lock Box