test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 KOR Bird of Prey from C-Store problem

pryor#5476 pryor Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Just got my Ker'at build KOR Bird of Prey from the C-Store, it work alright, and i do have the universal console slotted in a science slot, and im not able to fire the 5 Quantum Torpedos that build up over time, as i was reading in the wiki it has its own tray button, but im not finding it, nor when i fire all torpedos it doesnt fire, only my regular forward torps do........ i activate torp spread 3 and only launches 10 instead of the 15 it should, please tell me what i can do to get them working.
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Hmmm... I was just using it last night when I ran Night of the Comet on my Ferasan.
    So, I know the button works on my side.

It has its own clicky button on the tray. Calling up the game right now.... here is the pic in the abilities list... click on the letter "P" to bring up the abilities listing. Then DRAG the icon (right clicking on mouse all the way) from this list into an empty spot in your space tray.

Zah1PPV.jpg

If it is NOT in the abilities listing....try removing the console from one slot to another ... or changing instances or go to ground map and back to the ship.....see if that helps.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Resistances have enforced diminishing returns, so you'll see less percent resistance from adding Damage Resistance Rating. Adding more gets worse the more you add, even if you change the type console or Skill giving the resistance. In PvE, adding more than one or two Neutroniums is near useless, but it might be helpful in PvP depending on how much armor pen your opponent has. In the end, it might be better to embrace your BoP being a glass cannon and expect to die if you don't vape your opponent in your opening salvo. A slugging match should be avoided, kill or get out quickly leveraging your BoP's speed to save glory and honor for a later time.

As far as your RCS issue, those don't have enforced diminishing returns, instead they all stack against base turnrate of your craft. So, you might see more turnrate from a set bonus that gives a +turnrate number instead of a percent turnrate like a RCS (regardless of how many you have).

The warhead module should fit, pending you get the Fleet BoP that corresponds to the Kor (should be the only T6 fleet BoP, IIRC).
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Delphic Antiproton Distortion Torpedo is a Lobi item, costing 200 Lobi. You can get Lobi via opening lockboxes (random amount, I would try calculating based on an average of 4.5 per box [though it is possible to average lower, and my last big run did]) or 'Promotion!' packs (always 10), no other in-game way currently. The Lobi store can be accessed from a stack of Lobi in your inventory, by right clicking it and choosing 'Use' or by the 'Lobi Crystal Consortium' NPC on Drozana.

Not a cheap item, particularly since Lobi set gear is bound to character on pickup.

• slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If you’re going to use the Delphic torp, then go for the 2pc set bonus with the console. The 2pc set bonus gives +1.2% Critical Chance and +11.7% Critical Severity. The console itself:

Grants +11.4% Damage to Exotic Damage abilities
    +17.2 Starship Impulse Expertise
    (Improves Speed and Turn Rate)
    +17.2 Starship Hull Penetration
    (Improves Hull Penetration for Starship Weapons)

But honestly, i’d skip it altogether and use the nausicaan set with the disruptor and torp in the rear in the rear. Mount nothing but dual heavies up front with the Terran dual heavy disruptor cannons. Try to get the 2pc bonus from the Synergistic Retrofitting Set.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Synergistic_Retrofitting_Set

33% in disruptor Damage is hard to pass up.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    They just gave away a ship with pilot and are going to do another shortly, both have traits that trigger from pilot abilities, have a look at how those traits might fit the pilot tac ship. Consider getting it the go faster rep engine.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    A few things for helping relative speed in pvp:
    Using a ship with pilot abilities, the trait from the recent Breen ship slows down targets by 9.1% per hit, stacking up to 5 times.

One weapon with snare mod might help, not sure if multiple ones stack and you do lose pen, weapon with thrust.

Aux to damp1( +50% speed, 100 turn plus multiple resistances), pilot team 1( +97% speed and turn), emer power to engines( +15 eng power, 40 speed boost and modest run boost) - with cooldown reduction very high up time is possible.

Pilot team 1 triggers the above trait, which also drains power from all their systems, this drain is not boosted by drainX, I don't know if drainX on the targets helps resist the power as it probably should.

Lukari rep engines for speed and speed boost when damaged

The R buttons does throttle toggle - when moving hit R and it sets you to no throttle, when stationary it sets full throttle. Try setting this to a controller button

A console with turn/RCS, the most extreme being a conductive RCS with Turn mod for two 42.5% turn rate boosts at mk 12 and 2 X 50% at epic mk 14, prices start at 6m

The pilot abilities: subspace boom; lock trajectory; cleam getaway.

Wide angle weapons are easier to keep on target.