test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online is teaming up with Loot Crate!

Comments

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    If you're buying the loot crate exclusively for STO loot, you're going to be disappointed. But, yes, more info is definitely needed as Loot Crate's advertising is big on the "exclusive items" which would indicate the STO codes should be for something new. On the other hand, Loot Crate doesn't even mention STO on their page. I had a handful of Vizier codes from Attack Wing, but I played Attack Wing, so I would have bought it code or not. I'd use the same logic for this.

That is good reasoning for this & any other.
    starkaos wrote: »
    If we knew the contents, then it wouldn't be a Loot Crate. It is possible that the exclusive ships will be similar to the Attack Wing Sovereign. So there might be a C-Store version of the ship and the Loot Crate version has a different Bridge Officer Seating and maybe a different skin.

Cryptic should mention if these Loot Crate rewards are exclusive only to Loot Crate or are or will be available through other methods. It would be a giant middle finger to a fan that has everything in the game and the Loot Crate just gives him items they already have.

Only the emotes have the 'exclusive' word attached to them, so I'm assuming the ships are ones that are already in-game. If they're just C-Store ships though I'm not interested.

I agree with the wording it reads as if only the emotes are exclusive which hooray for any that luv emotes but I am not one.

This is just a MEGA extension of STO's lock boxes that more I think about it, but with material loot too from Loot Crate.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Any confirmation if these crates have any C store items or codes to use in game.

I imagine emotes might be associated with codes. There is no explanation that you will get a code from their website and just states physical collectibles. Anyone care to explain further?​​

"and starting at the end of January, each of these boxes will include codes for Star Trek Online. You’ll be able to unlock in-game items like Starships, Bridge Officers, gear and exclusive emotes!"

Why u post if u say nothing?
    To me your answer is only "u can win the stuff u already own"
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Any confirmation if these crates have any C store items or codes to use in game.

I imagine emotes might be associated with codes. There is no explanation that you will get a code from their website and just states physical collectibles. Anyone care to explain further?​​

"and starting at the end of January, each of these boxes will include codes for Star Trek Online. You’ll be able to unlock in-game items like Starships, Bridge Officers, gear and exclusive emotes!"

Why u post if u say nothing?
    To me your answer is only "u can win the stuff u already own"

Depends on what the codes actually do. If it's a zen code or a code that you can pick and choose what you unlock, it might be a better deal. If it's random then yeah, you might get something you already have.

• Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Well there goes my 2018 budget for STO. I picked Engineering, hope it was worth it. I do look forward to some of the items in the creates but no zen this year for sure (Wife said so)
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Seems very pricy for some toys that do nothing for me in the game.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    I need more info, as a long time player I own 80% of the ships, all of the costume packs, etc. I have no issues spending money for this game, I just need to know if its exclusive stuff or things I already have. As it stands the current Anniversary freebies is the first time in years I am actually getting something. I may not need the resources that are being given, but at least its something I can actually collect.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Well there goes my 2018 budget for STO. I picked Engineering, hope it was worth it. I do look forward to some of the items in the creates but no zen this year for sure (Wife said so)

Good luck, I hope they send you nice items you enjoy in game & for real life.

Seems very pricy for some toys that do nothing for me in the game.

That's the focus of this news though, with cooperation between Cryptic, & their Overlords, & Loot Crate the Star Trek Mission Crate will have in game items & real life items.

Think of it has Loot Crate's normal process of novelty themed items but this time it had a baby with an in game STO lock box & add those too. Whatever those in game items are of course will be the question.

Hey, having a prestigious exclusive emote though gets you onto the fourth floor of The Captain's Table ... I read somewhere.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    tarran61 wrote: »

Good luck, I hope they send you nice items you enjoy in game & for real life.
    Thanks, I will post photos of what I get.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well i just subbed under the Command section. Was going to do the 6 crates but decided against shelling out £228 at once. I'd rather pay £1 extra every two months. xD

Discount referral - http://looted.by/hHrfa

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Update on this....they state that US will receive crates between the 1st and 10th and try to get crates to others close to that. I just received an email stating they are basically behind on posting crates and it likely won't be shipped till the end of feb......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Apparently, there have been some delays with this Loot Crate. The Wolf 359 Loot Crate which is the first Star Trek Mission Crate was supposed to be released already, but has been delayed until Late February. It includes a Locutus Mini Master figure. Apparently we were supposed to order the Mission Crate by January 15 to get the Wolf 359 Mission Crate and the news for it came out on January 17. The Way of the Warrior which is currently being advertised on the Loot Crate page is the second Star Trek Mission Crate. We have no idea which Mission Crate we will get, what the schedule will be, and if there will be any STO exclusives.
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    In this partnership of Lootcrate and STO, I don't know who is handling customer questions. because right now it looks like no one is. I E-Mailed Loot crate just trying to get a little more solid information than

"End of Februrary maybe March".

Especially since I signed up the first time around like November 17. And was basically told to stop bugging them , it will get there when it gets there. I also asked about codes that some members here had gotten for the delay, and was told that I would have had to have my order processed before November 17.... "And look at that, you were processed on November 17th not before, so no code for you."

If you were looking to have this box help with the good will that some feel toward the game now, I have a feeling that it may be another problem child with bad support. The price of the year of boxes, I could have bought a lot of STO stuff too.

I still want to try it, I am just getting concerned
  • Options
    I would have thought that we would have emails with tracking numbers by now. I mean its almost the end of february already so if they haven't shipped them yet. That would mean we will get them in the middle of march at this rate. A month later than expected.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Let alone those of us that ordered it in November and expected it long before now! And still no code or in game item to keep us happy or mentally busy. Just the invoice sitting on my desk everyday to remind me ... Fool me once, and you are not getting my money again.

All I can say is that Lootbox understands even less about "customer goodwill" than PWE.

When I contacted Lootbox and asked to have a supervisor respond as to why some people have gotten codes for online content and others have not, I got the response...

"No".
  • Options
    My old housemate used to get loot crates all the time and never had an issue with them. That's why i figured i'd go for this. She can't understand why this box is so messed up compared to others.
    As for them telling you no you can't speak to a supervisor. That's just....WOW.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    You would think that even if it was a supplier not meeting the demand, at this point; they would just send out what they have with a promise certificate and have the supplier drop ship them to us. Considering that they are now "officially" two boxes behind.

The only thing I've gotten from them so far was an offer for a subscription discount from CBS Interactive if I was joining for the broadcast service (new). I signed up way back when Discovery started (so I can't use it). And if someone had not started watching Discovery yet, I doubt they would be paying for it now.
  • Options
    I did google the loot crate last night and found so many apology notices stating it was pushed back a month every month. The only reason they gave was they were trying to improve products for authenticity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    There is a Youtube video about the first Mission Crate (Wolf 359) which includes a Galileo Shuttle box, an Enterprise-D/Borg shirt, Locutus model, STO Federation starter pack which includes a Tier 1 ship, gear, and exclusive emote, a Discovery Division badge, Resistance is Futile sticker, and Enterprise-D model.

However, it looks like anyone who learned of this from the Dev Blog isn't able to get the Wolf 359 Loot Crate due to the cutoff being January 15 and the dev blog came out January 17. The Way of the Warrior with a Deep Space 9 Worf model has a cutoff of March 15 and should be available late March or early April. Whether the Federation starter pack with exclusive emote is available to only the first crate is not known, but someone dropped the ball for not releasing the dev blog earlier.
  • Options
    However, it looks like anyone who learned of this from the Dev Blog isn't able to get the Wolf 359 Loot Crate due to the cutoff being January 15 and the dev blog came out January 17.

They say that but as mentioned above, some people have been waiting since November for this crate and i signed up after seeing this topic. My lootcrate account says the box was collected but hasn't been shipped yet and when emailed they stated the box Wolf 359 is delayed till the end of February. They still haven't shipped them to my knowledge.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    However, it looks like anyone who learned of this from the Dev Blog isn't able to get the Wolf 359 Loot Crate due to the cutoff being January 15 and the dev blog came out January 17.

They say that but as mentioned above, some people have been waiting since November for this crate and i signed up after seeing this topic. My lootcrate account says the box was collected but hasn't been shipped yet and when emailed they stated the box Wolf 359 is delayed till the end of February. They still haven't shipped them to my knowledge.

Some Youtubers have already done unboxing videos for it early this week so they might have ordered it in November and obviously would get it before someone that ordered it in late January. I might have read it wrong. I assume that Star Trek Mission Crate 1 with the Active check mark on the Subscription page for Manage Account means that I am in the queue for the Wolf 359 crate. When the Active check mark turns into collected, then it is almost ready to be shipped. If it reads Star Trek Mission Crate 2 instead of Star Trek Mission Crate 1 on someone else's Subscription page, then they missed out on the Wolf 359 crate.

If I get the Wolf 359 crate, then at least I know what it comes with. Hopefully, we get more than just a Federation Starter Pack with an exclusive emote and Tier 1 ship for STO gear.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I got a reply from the support team stating anyone who signed up after the 15th January isn't getting the first box. Which to be fair is just wrong considering this topic was posted after that date.
    Lootcrate were happy enough to take the money for the first crate though and now they say it's not happening i'll be getting a refund and not even bothering with this. Pending what they say to my latest reply to them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I got a reply from the support team stating anyone who signed up after the 15th January isn't getting the first box. Which to be fair is just wrong considering this topic was posted after that date.
    Lootcrate were happy enough to take the money for the first crate though and now they say it's not happening i'll be getting a refund and not even bothering with this. Pending what they say to my latest reply to them.

But if it says on your account that the crate has been collected, then you should be receiving the Wolf 359 Loot Crate even though they said that anyone who signed up after January 15 isn't getting the first crate (Wolf 359 Crate). The Way of the Warrior Loot Crate is taking orders until March 15 and should be shipped early April. If Loot Crate already collected your items and waiting to ship it, then it would be the Wolf 359 Crate and not the Way of the Warrior Crate. If you get a shipping email from them later this week, then it will be the Wolf 359 Crate and not the Way of the Warrior Crate.

I assume the 4 states of subscription that are shown on the account are inactive, active, collected, and shipped. I bought mine on January 28 due to waiting for actual info on the STO exclusives while I assume that bought yours between January 17 and January 28. It is possible that due to all the delays with this Loot Crate that should have been shipped early February that they changed the deadline to February 15.

I find that Support usually goes off of prerecorded statements. If a customer asks about X, then Support sends statement Y even if they should do some actual research, and then create and send statement Z which requires actual effort on their part. So it is standard operating procedure for anyone who didn't sign up by the 15th won't qualify for the current Loot Crate. Since the Wolf 359 Crate was further delayed by another month, then what they sent you is not necessarily valid.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'll be seeing what happens over the next week or so post wise but so far i know the box has definitely been shipped at least to those who payed back in november. Since there are videos on youtube of them being opened. My bank is also going to look into it if i don't receive any more responses before the end of the week.

Personally i'd rather not cancel my subscription if they're going to ship the rest on time. It's just this first crate i'd rather not have payed and then never receive like others have from reviews i've read. Regarding other crates.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Well I finally got my Wolf 357 box (the first box) from my order November 17. I'll probably put it up on the channel on Saturday. Since the first to are pictures of an empty desk saying... "Nope not here yet...." at each estimated date.
  • Options
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Well I finally got my Wolf 357 box (the first box) from my order November 17. I'll probably put it up on the channel on Saturday. Since the first to are pictures of an empty desk saying... "Nope not here yet...." at each estimated date.

If you could put on the STO information like what Tier 1 ship and what the exclusive emote looks like, then it would be great. Even if someone doesn't get it, then they will know what they missed out on.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    My Wolf 359 Crate was split into 2 crates; 1 I got in Dec, the 2nd arrived Monday (my friend Mike got his Tuesday).
    Dec/Black Box:
    -Crew Socks, depicting starships in a style reminiscent of Atari graphics from the 80s
    -Miniature Dedication plaque for the 1701-D
    -exclusive STTNG comic "Mirror Broken: Origin of Data"
    -Air Freshener & LOOT PIN (both in a Vulcan hand sign)

Feb/huge Shuttle Galileo Box:
    -STO Code for a Federation Starter Pack that includes a T1 starship and an exclusive emote
    -Locutus of Borg collectable statue
    -U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D Mini Master
    -Borg Assimilation Tee
    -"Resistance is Futile" Decal
    -Star Trek Discovery Starfleet Division Badge (I chose Engineering)
    and the contents' checklist made on cardstock, to resemble a PADD.

The wiki description is of the standard Federation Starter Pack, which has no Ship or Emote. I have sent a message to my friend to inquire as to what ship is the T1 granted with this bundle, which makes a difference which of the several T1/T2 Captains of mine I will claim it on, as there's no point to a Captain getting the same ship twice.
    If any of you find out what the T1 ship is before I do, please post here to let us know!

Update!
    According to reddit; https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ulftp/loot_crate_spoilers_i_have_a_question_about_an/
    •T6 Andromeda- Account Unlock
    •T1 Connie- Account Unlock
    •10 Kelvin fed ground weapons- Account Bound
    •0718 bridge officer- Account Bound
    •Kelvin timeline uniforms - Character Bound
    •Two xp boosts - Account Bound
    •Red matter capacitor - Character Bound
    •A box that gives you gear every 10 levels - Character Bound

Can anyone confirm this is what you get from the Wolf 359 Crate's Code? Substantially different from the standard FSP.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Update!
    According to reddit; https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ulftp/loot_crate_spoilers_i_have_a_question_about_an/
    •T6 Andromeda- Account Unlock
    •T1 Connie- Account Unlock
    •10 Kelvin fed ground weapons- Account Bound
    •0718 bridge officer- Account Bound
    •Kelvin timeline uniforms - Character Bound
    •Two xp boosts - Account Bound
    •Red matter capacitor - Character Bound
    •A box that gives you gear every 10 levels - Character Bound

Can anyone confirm this is what you get from the Wolf 359 Crate's Code? Substantially different from the standard FSP.

Apparently that is from the July 2016 Loot Crate. Apparently, it contained a Memorial Pack, Vulcan Salute pin, and the Starfleet Admiral's Commission Pack which includes those ingame items. It also included some items from Futurama, Rick and Morty, and Mega Man. From what I understand, the Wolf 359 Crate gets a Tier 1 ship and an exclusive emote which is likely either the Organian Greeting emote or Disco emote.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I had my Captain Harrison claim it.
    TOS Constitution
    Disco Emote
    Liberated Borg Engineer (Cadet One of Two, Blue quality, fem)
    Several Purple Items for ground and space, and an XP Boost.
    Also, a dozen Bank & Inventory slots each. A very nice package indeed!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    So it is a character bound pack including the emote and ship? I assume that since the next crate is Way of the Warrior, then it will include a Klingon Starter Pack.
This discussion has been closed.