test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online is teaming up with Loot Crate!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
You can get official STO codes in the Star Trek: Mission Crate including ships and exclusive emotes!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770284

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    No thanks. Even if I wanted to subscribe, I don't have the funds. Gamble boxes just aren't in my foreseeable future while I'm grinding for other stuff.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    "Starships, Bridge Officers, gear "
    Is this stuff that's already in the game so we get random current in game ships or is that new Starships and gear?

EDIT: Referral link to get $5 of the first box http://looted.by/hFkkY
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    No thanks. Even if I wanted to subscribe, I don't have the funds. Gamble boxes just aren't in my foreseeable future while I'm grinding for other stuff.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    "Starships, Bridge Officers, gear "
    Is this stuff that's already in the game so we get random current in game ships or is that new Starships and gear?

I don't subscribe to Loot Crate, but I have read-up & been interested in it before. Initially I didn't see it as one of STO's Lock Boxes of gambling, but I could understand a perspective describing this as some sort of MEGA Lock Box of gambling now too. This partnership between the two companies is interesting nonetheless. What type of items is the significant question! It would suck to pay a subscription to only get items you already had in-game. I'm thinking for Cryptic it will be another method of unloading unpopular C-Store items that don't sell well, but at their premium price values adding another revenue stream. Yahoo this month I received 4 bridge packs type of thing.

"You’ll be able to unlock in-game items like Starships, Bridge Officers, gear and exclusive emotes!"
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Not worth it to me right now. I have better uses for my money, like paying bills lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Are the possible ships limited to C-Store ships, or are promo and lockbox ships also possible? The answer determines my likelihood of subbing to this.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    details are so thin at this point i don't see why there is even a blog about it on the arc sto site. a lot more details are needed so i know what it is all about, what the objective is and how the players work in this promotion. the usual type of details..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dohlendohlen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Would be really nice to get some details. The box is not cheap and if you run the risk to get a code for an item/ship you already have from the C-Store it kinda decreases the value. On the other hand I could accept that there is nothing exclusive in it, as most players won´t be able/willing to pay 46 Euros for stuff they cannot get elsewhere.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    GZRka7O.gif

How about No?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    No, thank you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    "Choose your favorite Starfleet Division for a customized Mission Crate experience!" What does that really mean or does it really matter which one you pick because your not going to miss out on anything base on the pick?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    #STOusyourLoot! nice idea, star trek facts and info is my collection

DTxgfEUWkAA6G6d.jpg
    tarran61 wrote: »
    "Choose your favorite Starfleet Division for a customized Mission Crate experience!" What does that really mean or does it really matter which one you pick because your not going to miss out on anything base on the pick?

I was thinking: Tactical, Engineering, &/or Science.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

At first I thought Ops/Engineering than I started giving what it said more thought and stopped with the purchase. I just need more info as far as this picking goes.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

At first I thought Ops/Engineering than I started giving what it said more thought and stopped with the purchase. I just need more info as far as this picking goes.

It has it as a selection in the beginning while preparing your order, the choices are: COMMAND, OPS/ENGINEERING, SCIENCES, MEDICAL

Here's the link: https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/star-trek

The choices are the third drop-down.

I'd consider swinging $40, unfortunately I've tossed away money on worse things, every other month for a few gimmick ST items, & in-game items but only if I knew if would be stuff I didn't already have.

The more I look at it this does seem like a GIANT in-game Lock Box & I've lost-out with those too much already for my liking.

With Cryptic the odds are never in your favor.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Unless the crate involves ships from either the LOBI store or ships not available ANYWHERE ELSE INCLUDING THE GOLDEN Ferengi ship, I won't bother. right now there isn't enough information on whether I should spend my money or not.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The first crate is The Way of the Warrior which includes a Worf Mini Master figure.
  • xaviermace86xaviermace86 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    If you're buying the loot crate exclusively for STO loot, you're going to be disappointed. But, yes, more info is definitely needed as Loot Crate's advertising is big on the "exclusive items" which would indicate the STO codes should be for something new. On the other hand, Loot Crate doesn't even mention STO on their page. I had a handful of Vizier codes from Attack Wing, but I played Attack Wing, so I would have bought it code or not. I'd use the same logic for this.
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    If we knew the contents, but not necessarily the order so we'd have to get all of them to make sure we got what we wanted, I might be convinced to get some of these. Not even knowing the basic contents, something even Lockboxes tell you up front in blog posts, is just a no-go for me. I'm not spending that much without even knowing what's in the box.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    If we knew the contents, then it wouldn't be a Loot Crate. It is possible that the exclusive ships will be similar to the Attack Wing Sovereign. So there might be a C-Store version of the ship and the Loot Crate version has a different Bridge Officer Seating and maybe a different skin.

Cryptic should mention if these Loot Crate rewards are exclusive only to Loot Crate or are or will be available through other methods. It would be a giant middle finger to a fan that has everything in the game and the Loot Crate just gives him items they already have.
    starkaos wrote: »
    If we knew the contents, then it wouldn't be a Loot Crate. It is possible that the exclusive ships will be similar to the Attack Wing Sovereign. So there might be a C-Store version of the ship and the Loot Crate version has a different Bridge Officer Seating and maybe a different skin.

Cryptic should mention if these Loot Crate rewards are exclusive only to Loot Crate or are or will be available through other methods. It would be a giant middle finger to a fan that has everything in the game and the Loot Crate just gives him items they already have.

Only the emotes have the 'exclusive' word attached to them, so I'm assuming the ships are ones that are already in-game. If they're just C-Store ships though I'm not interested.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    tumblr_oml6p81gXu1r2hy3ro1_500.gif
    No...
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Not sure if this is worth it but just sighed up to see what its like. Got a referral link which gives anyone who signs up via the link $5 off the first box. Still pricy but at least its a little cheaper. http://looted.by/hFkkY
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    QNxkKGV.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Any confirmation if these crates have any C store items or codes to use in game.

I imagine emotes might be associated with codes. There is no explanation that you will get a code from their website and just states physical collectibles. Anyone care to explain further?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    storules wrote: »
    Any confirmation if these crates have any C store items or codes to use in game.

I imagine emotes might be associated with codes. There is no explanation that you will get a code from their website and just states physical collectibles. Anyone care to explain further?​​

"and starting at the end of January, each of these boxes will include codes for Star Trek Online. You’ll be able to unlock in-game items like Starships, Bridge Officers, gear and exclusive emotes!"
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Since clearly Cryptic is going for another cash grab with this "team up", how about they tell us what codes will be in the next box? You want our money then give us an incentive to buy it. I don't need another future dust collector statue but will happily pay up if the codes and box contents are a good value. I will not buy any more mystery/lottery boxes hoping for the best.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    storules wrote: »

"and starting at the end of January, each of these boxes will include codes for Star Trek Online. You’ll be able to unlock in-game items like Starships, Bridge Officers, gear and exclusive emotes!"

I'll take this as confirmation that only C-Store items are possible, which means no buy for me.
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.