test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mandatory patch tonight?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I got logged off and when I tried to log back on I had to download a huge patch. It's taking forever and I can't get back on until it is downloaded. What is going on?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Pre-patching for the Anniversary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Great, it patching AGAIN! I have no issue if it patches when I log off, but this is preventing me from logging on. I've been sitting here for almost an hour watching it download a 5GB patch twice.
    I finally logged on.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Just close the launcher and re-open it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I did and it started downloading again!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Then do it again. Unless you did something wrong, it will fix the issue.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Yes, but it seems like I've done this before!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I may end up moving this thread as we're bordering on the territory of this being a bug/technical issue. With that said however I have a potentially stupid question, are you sure that you've selected the right server of Holodeck and didn't select Tribble? I've accidentally clicked the wrong thing before not paying attention. Also how long has it been since you last patched?

@indyshark I actually went ahead and moved this thread to the bugs area upon further thought. In the bugs area it's easier seen by devs that could help you.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Thanks. After I downloaded the patch, I was able to log in. I was surprised it made me download the patch before I logged in after dropping. I have no issue if this is a regular Thursday patch. I expect that. But I wasn't expecting it on a Tuesday night.