test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Missions (help please)

Hi all, I've just started work on my first foundry mission & as you can probably tell from my pic & signature I'm a little obsessed with the mirror universe.
I have a story and have made all of relevant models (ships, ground units, characters etc.) in the costumes section but now I'm struggling with how to actually set them as friendly or enemy.
I tried using the stock ships on the map tab at first but it won't let me add Mirror ships as friendlies so I'm using the ones I made in costumes, now I wanted to do a Empire vs Resistance situation so I made some Andorian & Vulcan ships (along with the ground units for each side) to be the enemies but I'm not sure how to add them in as targets, can anyone help me please?

Many thanks :smile:
"As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
njflWNG.jpg

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Hi all, I've just started work on my first foundry mission & as you can probably tell from my pic & signature I'm a little obsessed with the mirror universe.
    I have a story and have made all of relevant models (ships, ground units, characters etc.) in the costumes section but now I'm struggling with how to actually set them as friendly or enemy.
    I tried using the stock ships on the map tab at first but it won't let me add Mirror ships as friendlies so I'm using the ones I made in costumes, now I wanted to do a Empire vs Resistance situation so I made some Andorian & Vulcan ships (along with the ground units for each side) to be the enemies but I'm not sure how to add them in as targets, can anyone help me please?

Many thanks :smile:
    you have to reskin enemy NPCs to have "non-standard" enemy NPCs either in space or ground.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    Hey Richyrich,

The way friendly/enemy works is that it's a property of the faction you choose to use. The player is part of the Federation faction which is hostile to the Mirror Universe faction. In order to have the NPC groups as friendly, you need to use a faction that is setup to be friendly to the Federation.

In this case, you can use another Federation NPC group and reskin (change the costumes for each of the individual NPCs in a group) to something more to your liking. This can be either costumes you design, or one from the long list of stock NPCs.