test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ophidian Cane from Replays

Loaded on a male human AoY tactical character.

It's literally only an Epic Quality icon to move from inventory to device slot. Nothing else is happening... Power-tray icon does nothing and remains greyed out, either in or out of combat.

I'll run the missions on another character (female Klingon science) and see if it does anything for them. I'll consider repeating the missions with female Romulan tactical, male human engineer and male Ferengi engineer, and see if it does anything for them.
"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Not a bug but a case of you cant use a without using b first.

In this case a is the cane while b is the Triolic Pattern Enhancer, you got in an earlier episode of the devidan arc.

So ewuip both on your toon, deploy the pattern enhancer then while the effect has you glowing blue, you can then activate the cane at that point. if you leave the enhancer field the cane will stop working. Think of it as a two piece set with no bonuses.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ophidian_Cane

It does give two sets of stats for different states of the Cane.
    One with the Triolic Pattern Enhancer...and one without.

So, why it is not working on your characters, I do not know.
    Are you acquiring a target to use the Psionic Damage ability on???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Based on what I read he isnt using the pattern enhancer first. Hes just using the can, which will not activate unless its inside the pattern enhancer field.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    Based on what I read he isnt using the pattern enhancer first. Hes just using the can, which will not activate unless its inside the pattern enhancer field.

And if you would go look at the Wiki....the cane has two stats....
    One for use with the Triolic Pattern Enhancer.... and another without.

Are you saying they have since changed the stats on this Device?

And the STO Wiki needs to be updated to state it only works with the Triolic Pattern Enhancer?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Loaded on a male human AoY tactical character.

It's literally only an Epic Quality icon to move from inventory to device slot. Nothing else is happening... Power-tray icon does nothing and remains greyed out, either in or out of combat.

I'll run the missions on another character (female Klingon science) and see if it does anything for them. I'll consider repeating the missions with female Romulan tactical, male human engineer and male Ferengi engineer, and see if it does anything for them.

I tested the cane briefly on an NPC in the "Arena of Sompek" today. The Ophidian Cane did work for me, but I was using an old cane. I haven't tried to get a new cane since the feature episode rerun started. Is it possible that you were out of range? You need to be within range of the target for it to work.

Not a bug but a case of you cant use a without using b first.

In this case a is the cane while b is the Triolic Pattern Enhancer, you got in an earlier episode of the devidan arc.

So ewuip both on your toon, deploy the pattern enhancer then while the effect has you glowing blue, you can then activate the cane at that point. if you leave the enhancer field the cane will stop working. Think of it as a two piece set with no bonuses.

I don't know what you're talking about. The Ophidian Cane has never required the Triolic Pattern Enhancer to work. The pattern enhancer changed the cane's stats and appearance, but you could use the cane without it.

Vanilla Forums, stop eating my edits. It's really getting annoying.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    Never mind, I got him in e-mail.