test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possibly an Easter Egg?

reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
Was doing the mission Mindscape and noticed the clock showed 1:50. Any significance? I googled and found that the Voyager main theme is exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds... far-fetched? or maybe a good call for an Easter Egg? Also noting that the clock is next to an old record player...hinting "music".

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_01_11_23_27_54_22.png

Comments

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    It could be but seems far too abstract and innocuous for most to pick up. Well done for spotting it though, I never really take that much notice of the scenery in STO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It wouldn't surprise me. Each item in there seemed to be there for a reason.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It may be a nice hide, and kudos for spotting it. However, 1:50 (or similarily 10:10) are very common times to set static clocks on display to because they form this kind of "smiley face". It is an older tradition than the smiley face though. So it may be just that.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    It may be a nice hide, and kudos for spotting it. However, 1:50 (or similarily 10:10) are very common times to set static clocks on display to because they form this kind of "smiley face". It is an older tradition than the smiley face though. So it may be just that.

Yep, it's advertising. Back in the day when such clocks were all the rage people found customers were more inclined to buy "happy" clocks than "sad" clocks. Still do it now of course as hands haven't died off.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    there are a lot of easter eggs in the game. in the romulan arc there is (was) an episode where you have to rescue a starfleet officer. she addresses herself with serial 24601 a reference to Jean Valjean's prisoner number from Les Miserables
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    there are a lot of easter eggs in the game. in the romulan arc there is (was) an episode where you have to rescue a starfleet officer. she addresses herself with serial 24601 a reference to Jean Valjean's prisoner number from Les Miserables

One I spotted was in ESD, go the med bay and check out the door....."Corpse Chute" can be seen on it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg