test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sompek: how far did you get this time?

13»

Comments

• defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Just did a PUG to 26, untimed. I think it was actually Terrans this time. That or Voth.
    Me, too. I believe Terrans defeated us.

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The whole PUG died in round 21, so no emote :'(
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • botanybangbotanybang Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Completed 27 rounds in a pug with one man short for about 10 rounds.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Most runs got to around 25+ with best being 47.

Might be due to the change in how event rewards are gained but I only came across one player who asked about 5 & die over the entire weekend.

Noone moaning about "try hards" either so overall it was a much better (dare I say enjoyable) experience.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think I saw a 5 and die in one run... I told him he was gonna get bored staring at the respawn button.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    My f2p runner was a sci with that aoe res&heal ability from one of the reps. Had to use it for more than simply ressing the afker's this time.

I didnt mind the 5&die approach before with the stuff being per character but the way things are now means I don't have to run hour after hour to the get gear for alts.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Made only one serious try and got to 103 for the accos.

I saw a fleet mate of mine, a bloody beginner, run sompek a few times over the weekend and not getting far.

This reminded me of myself a few years back trying to beat NWS when Silverwings picked me up, assembled an elite premade and pushed me to the final Difficulty. This got me so fascinated that I improved considerably the next year till I was able to get there on my own. Now it was my turn to do the same for somebody else. Let’s see how good the fleet mate has become next time this event is around. Perhaps it was worth it.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I think I saw a 5 and die in one run... I told him he was gonna get bored staring at the respawn button.

I had one of those as well; though I did not have time to play the event very much.

There was one instance where someone just stopped playing after round 5. I decided to revive him from time to time just to TRIBBLE him off. I found his protest comments towards me to be hilarious so I kept reviving him.

• sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    No problem with the 5 & die approach if the team agrees to do that. Assuming that that's the way to go in pugs, no thanks. I've joined several suicide 5ompeks via various dps channels, but when I was in pugs I played as good as I could.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

jaguarskx wrote: »
    I had one of those as well; though I did not have time to play the event very much.

There was one instance where someone just stopped playing after round 5. I decided to revive him from time to time just to **** him off. I found his protest comments towards me to be hilarious so I kept reviving him.
    I love doing that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I and my teams got to round 5 every time I ran it, which is a considerable accomplishment compared to the prior times this was around. I usually have at least one run during the event where we get Tholians, Iconians or Voth in the 4th round and get wiped out. But not this time. Anything after round 5 is just bragging rights and I really don't care.

As far as the 5 and die club goes, if I'm doing this in a PUG, on the timed setting I expect the team to want it to end after 5 so I don't complain if that's the way it goes. I keep going if that's what others seem to want to do, of course. But, if I want to see how far I can get, I go untimed and join fleet mates or at least a premade team.

Timed should be the avenue for those that just want to get it done. If you go untimed and expect a 5 and die, you're SOL.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    With regards to the Sompekku deal it was only requested once, and everybody else including me complied. I only picked timed as I'd get bored otherwise and start shenanigans.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I've been in several runs that made it into the 90s, but not far enough to get the final accolade.
    Tza0PEl.png
    My approach to the 5&die thing was if the majority (three or more) said yes then I'd agree but if it was one or two people I wasn't going to try and kill the run.

I always joined via the mission journal popup which doesnt give any option so maybe thats the real reason I missed seeing it from being requested rather than my initial thought of it being due to how the unlocks are now done.
    Honestly the timed Sompek has a unique challenge all it's own. How many waves can you do before time is up?

But yeah you can get pretty far with only 4, so there's little reason to care if there's a guy who decides he doesn't want to respawn after wave 5 is clear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing