test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Featured Episode Replay!

2»

Comments

• geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I just wish I could still get the device that people got from bringing up a Delta Rising toon. I'd re-run a new toon to get that.
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I kinda wish they redid the Lobi Scavenger Hunt, I still have partially completed accolades from it and they are annoying me. I know they're just accolades... but I've got that kind of completist personality.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    morchades wrote: »
    I kinda wish they redid the Lobi Scavenger Hunt, I still have partially completed accolades from it and they are annoying me. I know they're just accolades... but I've got that kind of completist personality.

I get that.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is nice, especially for new players, but what I would like to see return are opportunities at other limited time rewards.

Things like the Support Cruiser Retrofit from Temporal Ambassador and other such limited-time ships (even if just as part of an annual thing and the player can only grind enough currency to unlock a single such ship each year, so it would take a brand new player a long time to catch up, but they could catch up).

Also? A second chance at making (or better yet, being able to turn an existing officer into) a Delta Recruit or a Temporal Agent.

Delta Recruit could only be unlocked by re-running the regular tutorial and Temporal Agent by re-running the AoY tutorial, so a character could only ever be one or the other, and existing characters would be limited accordingly, but it would be nice to see these opportunities reappear.

I definitely agree.

These would be welcomed limited time opportunities & once a year doesn't seem too gratuitous.

They don't subtract from anyone that has already completed any of those & benefit players that haven't earned them yet or never had a chance.

Perhaps that is why Cryptic won't offer this, not until, they can monetize it somehow.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You don't have to play them all just the four specific Episodes that have the Unique reward.

'Night of the Comet'
    'Cutting the Cord'
    'Boldly they Road'
    'Cold Storage'

Be aware that the Yesterday's War Arc will block access to the Breen Arc.

'Slanderous'? They originally stated (for the last Featured Episode Rerun Event) that the Developer who did this Lobi award had left Cryptic. After that, it became pretty clear that they knew how to do it (see Weekend Vouchers, Phoenix Prize Pack Event, Endeavor System). They just didn't want to give the Lobi out.

The last time this ran was June/July 2016, just before and during the start of 'Agents of Yesterday'.

Why do they mention all of the episodes then? They should really make that clear.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    A second chance at making (or better yet, being able to turn an existing officer into) a Delta Recruit or a Temporal Agent.

Making - yes. Turning an existing - no. Unless you agree to have everything you need to achieve part of the steps removed, e. g. all commendation, R&D research, episodes played, reputation... it would be pointless. On your main you'd probably be able to just click on "get rewards" otherwise. So basically, return your toon to zero, which would basically mean "make a new toon".
    tigeraries wrote: »
    no lobi per day... only the 2 devices are worth getting for new toons, well breen do if you want torp spread 3, but you can make your own now a days....

See, that depends on what you like. I like the Breen, not for the Torp Spread but for the Breen. Not as much interested in the Reman nor the devices, but they're funny, I'll get them anyway. No interest at all in the Kobali uniform here, except for completionist reasons.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Perhaps that is why Cryptic won't offer this, not until, they can monetize it somehow.

Like they are monetizing from this rerun?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Did all four for my Delta Recruit, so he'll have everything.
  • shodan#9788 shodan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Anyone having issues with the missions not showing up on the list?
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I just played skirmish and the prize wasn't there. look in the spectres tab.

• shodan#9788 shodan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    roman1229 wrote: »
    I just played skirmish and the prize wasn't there. look in the spectres tab.

The Klingon War has the following (i've finished all of them without skipping): Welcome to Earth Spacedock, Stranded in Space, Diplomatic Orders, Hide & Seek, Stop the Signal, Researcher Rescue, The Kuvah'Magh, Treasure Trading Station, Secret Orders, Task Force Hippocrates, Skirmish, Spin the Wheel, What Lies...., Everything Old..., Night..., Ultimate...., Doomsday Device, City on the....., Past Imperfect, Temporal..., Beyond the Nexus.

Figured it out! I was expecting missions that were cut to be reintroduced for that specific reward.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I told you above what Missions you need to do to get the four special awards. They list all those Episodes because in the past they were all eligible to trigger the Daily Account Lobi. Meaningless now.

I did all four of those special Episodes today on my Temporal Recruit and got all those special rewards. Tonight I will do them on my newest Character. That will take care of all my Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Does anyone have a list explaining which mission has what item?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Boldly they Rode - Shard of Possibilities
    Cold Storage - Breen Tactical Boff
    Night of the Comet - Ophidian Cane
    Cutting the Cord - Reman Science Boff
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Nommo: Perhaps that is why Cryptic won't offer this, not until, they can monetize it somehow.[/quote]

xyquarze: Like they are monetizing from this rerun?[/quote]

My bad, I had placed this statement at the end of my post in correlation with the post I was quoting & it's contents. It was in reference to the Delta & Temporal recruiting. Also, even with your question that is why I stated, "until,". I didn't even say they already were.

• disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Probs too late, but the sword was the Na'Kuhl Assassin Plasma Blade available from the lobi store.
  • singularaxlionsingularaxlion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    morchades wrote: »

I agree. I tried replaying one of those which I'd missed the hidden lobi on, but the spot to find it at wasn't there. Was disappointed by that.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Some of the Featured Episode rewards of the past, long thought lost, are returning to PC (and soon console) for a limited time! Go forth!

Fantastic! These are always worthwhile for my rerolled toons... :)

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    what weapon is the Klingon holding??, don't remember having one of those....
    The shape of the blade and hilt looks like a Tsunkatse Falchion, but I don't know how to make the blade glow blue like that.

Yeah... new nanopulse prototype weapon??, could be the Shard Sword from the Tholian reputation??
    Probs too late, but the sword was the Na'Kuhl Assassin Plasma Blade available from the lobi store.

Thank you!!, Good to know!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • yuriivanof#7696 yuriivanof Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Are these rewards account unlocked after we play them in the event?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Are these rewards account unlocked after we play them in the event?

After you claim a reward, it is available for your other characters through the event store in the Reputation tab.
  • yuriivanof#7696 yuriivanof Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Awesome! Thabks!
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Umm, I'm sorry to say, but he's confused the episode replay with the weekend event.

Mission rewards from featured episode reruns aren't account unlocks.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Second that, hope Yuri will read this. I had to do them on each toon individually.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    A second chance at making (or better yet, being able to turn an existing officer into) a Delta Recruit or a Temporal Agent.

Making - yes. Turning an existing - no. Unless you agree to have everything you need to achieve part of the steps removed, e. g. all commendation, R&D research, episodes played, reputation... it would be pointless. On your main you'd probably be able to just click on "get rewards" otherwise. So basically, return your toon to zero, which would basically mean "make a new toon".

[quote="nommo#58
    I'm not sure that I understand the necessity.

If they can not figure a way to let existing toons replay the early missions then hey, have to make a new toon and that's how it is.

But why would it be important than an existing toon lose everything that they have in order to become an official Delta Recruit or Temporal Agent?

If someone has spent hundreds of dollars on a specific character in terms of unlocking inventory, duty officer slots, active ship and drydock slots, and whatever other character-specific things that they may have spent money on, and I would include lockbox items that they may have gotten as well so whatever they have spent on keys, then why shouldn't they be able to make that character a Delta Recruit or Temporal Agent without sacrificing everything else that they have earned through playing the game?

Wouldn't it be better for Cryptic to give players more of a reason to want to invest in their main than constantly inventing new reasons for people to be cautious about becoming too invested in one character for fear of the next "everyone should make an alt" gimmick?

I have been here from the start, but I have begun to question whether my old Captain is the character that I want to play anymore because of the existence of a Delta Recruit.

I made a Temporal Agent Captain but I like a different AoY Captain that I made more recently better.

The result? I am hesitant to invest in any of them.

I am not someone that wants a hundred alts. That just isn't who I am. I will play and replay content with my favorite Captains, but I am not too keen on having to make new toons just to unlock things for older toons.

If I could play my older toons, the ones that I already have and like, through all of the missions I need to play them through in order to unlock whatever a new toon would unlock for playing the same things then I would happily do it, and along the way I would be more willing to spend money on those Captains because I would know that the characters that I want to play I would be able to play and gain all of the other benefits and extras for.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    ^^ So much this!
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    would suggest, expand this event a bit.

each week one or more episodes will be featured. gives their unique prices. and the featured week box. kobali ... outfits..