test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issue loading maps/dialogue for testing

meraxameraxa Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Greetings.

While I've yet to publish a work as of yet, I do tinker around in the Foundry in the hopes that I might one day put together something I'm proud enough to release. However in starting a recent project, I've encountered an error which seems to be messing with the mini-map and possibly dialogue pop-ups as well (I have one in right now, but it appears with no dialogue or character). The actual map itself loads fine - so placed objects appear as they're meant to - but it's the stuff to make the story work that seems to have trouble.

The error code I receive when I try to load up a map for testing - and I've tried both custom and pre-made maps here, just to make sure it wasn't just an issue of the former - is:
ERROR: You must load the map on the PC client before running on a console. Load error:
Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\StaticWorld\WorldCellStreaming.c(1911)

I have further tested this and found it applies even to older projects, and on both ground maps as well as space, so it's not isolated to the current one - ST-HAH2Q482E in case you want the code.

I've reinstalled the game - as in, deleted from my steamapps folder even, downloaded the full 16 GB again - to no avail, though as I look at the error code, I realise something. Unless I'm mistaken in reading that, it seems like it's trying to find a file in my C drive (SSD and OS), despite the fact the game is installed to my D drive (HDD, general storage). This is especially puzzling since, well, months ago I didn't have this issue, while the game has been on that drive the entire time - I don't even have an src folder in the C drive at that level, where others are buried within some other game's folders.

Help here would be sorely appreciated.

Fake Edit/Addendum:
So after a bit more testing while writing this post, it seems to be objective related (possibly in relation to other issues I've seen mentioned regarding objective triggers, in searching around). I added in a basic 'reach the marker' objective after the dialogue, and suddenly said dialogue is working. Reaching the marker doesn't trigger the end of the mission, but it's something at least.

Incidentally first time posting on the forums, so I've completely gone about this the wrong way, I do apologise.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    meraxa wrote: »
    Greetings.

While I've yet to publish a work as of yet, I do tinker around in the Foundry in the hopes that I might one day put together something I'm proud enough to release. However in starting a recent project, I've encountered an error which seems to be messing with the mini-map and possibly dialogue pop-ups as well (I have one in right now, but it appears with no dialogue or character). The actual map itself loads fine - so placed objects appear as they're meant to - but it's the stuff to make the story work that seems to have trouble.

The error code I receive when I try to load up a map for testing - and I've tried both custom and pre-made maps here, just to make sure it wasn't just an issue of the former - is:
    ERROR: You must load the map on the PC client before running on a console. Load error:
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\StaticWorld\WorldCellStreaming.c(1911)

I have further tested this and found it applies even to older projects, and on both ground maps as well as space, so it's not isolated to the current one - ST-HAH2Q482E in case you want the code.

I've reinstalled the game - as in, deleted from my steamapps folder even, downloaded the full 16 GB again - to no avail, though as I look at the error code, I realise something. Unless I'm mistaken in reading that, it seems like it's trying to find a file in my C drive (SSD and OS), despite the fact the game is installed to my D drive (HDD, general storage). This is especially puzzling since, well, months ago I didn't have this issue, while the game has been on that drive the entire time - I don't even have an src folder in the C drive at that level, where others are buried within some other game's folders.

Help here would be sorely appreciated.

Fake Edit/Addendum:
    So after a bit more testing while writing this post, it seems to be objective related (possibly in relation to other issues I've seen mentioned regarding objective triggers, in searching around). I added in a basic 'reach the marker' objective after the dialogue, and suddenly said dialogue is working. Reaching the marker doesn't trigger the end of the mission, but it's something at least.

Incidentally first time posting on the forums, so I've completely gone about this the wrong way, I do apologise.
    Map bug is something that came up after the recent downtime and we don't really know what caused it and can in fact be left overs from the issue that prevent the Foundry from coming back up, but it effects preview mode only and does not extend to published maps and map transitions are bugged/disabled so you'll have to publish a test version of your map to test those.

I'm sure someone more familiar with the Foundry code can explain this in more detail but that's the basics
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Troubleshooting on objective triggers failing to trigger:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1227109/objective-triggers-not-working-in-holodeck-editor

Short version: place a place-holder dialog pop-up before or after the bugged objective (whichever happens to work, my go-to is before)) then remove when done testing.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.