test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Weekend on PC!

2»

Comments

• xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The Arena of Sompek is a very nice event; unless we have 2 or 3 quiters and crybabies.

You can watch tactics, and make some moves you didn't know you could do besides watch funny deaths in it.

The rewards on the other hand are lackluster at best.

Will be fun.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Would it be possible to have the code more accurately determine when all 5 participants are truly dead at the exact same time?

All too often I see the simulation over screen despite one player being alive the whole time, or respawning and walking around but not being counted as being alive.

It's very frustrating after waiting on that resurrect all button knowing I don't need to use it yet, but the simulation ending wrongly.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I'd love to know when the Sompek Pulsewave will be available from our other Captains.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Why hasn't the pulsewave from the last Sompek event been added to the event store?
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Pulsewave was the award from the despised 14/21 day Sompek grind Event. That was a Character unlock only. The 14/21 day event after that Sompek was the Mirror Incursion. That is where they decided to make the special reward (only) an Account unlock. You would still need to run the Event on every Character that you wanted the Marks/Dilitium, but the special reward unlocked for everyone on the Account as long as you completed the Event on one Character.

At this stage they are probably going to add that Pulsewave into the Phoenix Prize Pack Event Store at some unspecified time in the future.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fyrakin#4361 fyrakin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have a question regarding vouchers for other characters. I did this que on all my characters for 2 days and got 2 vouchers on each character, today I did it with a first character, got 3rd voucher and went to weekend event store and bought an item, it unlocked for account, but when I switched characters and tried que on another character I did not get any more vouchers. My question is it by design or is it a glitch?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I have a question regarding vouchers for other characters. I did this que on all my characters for 2 days and got 2 vouchers on each character, today I did it with a first character, got 3rd voucher and went to weekend event store and bought an item, it unlocked for account, but when I switched characters and tried que on another character I did not get any more vouchers. My question is it by design or is it a glitch?

I had the same thing. On thursday and friday it seems each caracter could get a voucher but they must have done a quickfix and stopped that today. Now it seems only 1 voucher per day for the account (which is how it used to be).
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fyrakin#4361 fyrakin Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I had the same thing. On thursday and friday it seems each caracter could get a voucher but they must have done a quickfix and stopped that today. Now it seems only 1 voucher per day for the account (which is how it used to be).

So, in theory tomorrow I should be able to get one more voucher and unlock another item?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

So, in theory tomorrow I should be able to get one more voucher and unlock another item?
    Yes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    After today's Sompek Experience, I am wondering if a certain kind of obsessive/objectionable player may be overly invested or drawn to this queue.

Short recap, there was a player who got overly aggressive when the team decided they wanted to give up in round 6.
    And I took the brunt of their aggression since I was the one who gave the others the idea that we could just stop.

It was explained to this player by myself and other other team member that if they wanted unlimited rounds of the queue, they should have joined the untimed queue and found a team who wanted to do as many rounds as possible.
    For clarification, this was the timed queue we were playing.

Then when all the other members of the team voluntarily chose not to respawn, this objectionable individual kept fighting solo until defeated.

That was followed by an even more impolite statement posted in the end room after the match was concluded.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Well being able to play catch-up a bit for the extra Sompek tokens was nice, even if a mistake, for any players. Some people were stating it had to be done for the sake of metrics. Well, having the chance to collect extra tokens probably caused increased metrics so it is probably not so much about metrics but the timing of those said metrics. It isn't like if you collected a lot of the Sompek tokens you can abuse/exploit them since there are only so many items to use them on.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    For the 3rd day I decided to do a full (aka non-suicide) timed run. We ran out the clock and made it to round 24 or 25. Not bad group.
  • lupusofnoxnoctislupusofnoxnoctis Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    @dracounguis I'm glad you're able to get groups that actually run. I keep running in to every little TRIBBLE who quits after round 5 and tells everyone to do the same. I've managed to solo up to 7 while even reviving these quitters... what's the use in having an event if people aren't even going to actually run it?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    If 4 out 5 team members have voted to end the match fast, then one invidual who is prolonging the match is just being inconsiderate and selfish.

The solution is quite simple, if someone is looking to do more then five rounds, stay out of the timed queues (limited to 20 rounds) and teaming with invididuals who want to do multiple waves is more likely.
    If in the timed queue, then it's most likely everyone there is just interested in a short run to get the token so they can move on to playing other parts of the game.

Cryptic has provided us with the means to play how we choose by implementing two versions of the Sompek queue and if taking advantage of that is not done, then other players can not be held responsible for encountering a team whose goals may differ.

My personal opinion is that the more waves that occur, the probability of encountering Iconians and Fek'liri waves increase and I just want to get my token without encountering either.
    So a short run has the highest chance of avoiding those waves.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(