test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which of these Discovery ships do you want in game?

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    all of them at some point but there's other ships that deserve to be released before we should see Discovery ships in game. KDF ones I've named should def get a release but that's just my opinion.

Fed's
    New Orleans Class
    T6 Steam runner Class
    T6 Nova Class
    T6 Saber Class
    T6 (Proper) Ambassador

KDF
    T6 Vor'cha Class
    T6 Kar'fi
    T6 Vo'Quv Carrier

No mention of a T6 Oberth? :(

I know people are entitled to their preferences but every time someone lists the majority of the ships in need of T6 treatment they always seem to leave the Oberth out, it feels like the universe is against my wish of even getting one.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »
    all of them at some point but there's other ships that deserve to be released before we should see Discovery ships in game. KDF ones I've named should def get a release but that's just my opinion.

Fed's
    New Orleans Class
    T6 Steam runner Class
    T6 Nova Class
    T6 Saber Class
    T6 (Proper) Ambassador

KDF
    T6 Vor'cha Class
    T6 Kar'fi
    T6 Vo'Quv Carrier

No mention of a T6 Oberth? :(

Personally i can't see this ship as T6, but then again everyone should be able to fly their favourite ship design at end game, especially if its a canon ship. As this is a Star Trek game. So "make it so"
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I've never seen the show myself. Don't get that channel. Still, don't particularly like the rotating saucer section, it doesn't seem practical.

Perhaps the pink represents blood, still don't like it on the ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The only ship from ST:D which I found hideous is the Discovery itself.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    THe only way I could see a rotating saucer section would be as a method of generating a gravity=like effect. Though even that i am not sure on as at this point I would have thought the Vulcans would have given them at least some form of knowledge on creating a gravity effect in ships without using such a method.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Not a fan of the discovery ships. Hopefully, they end up with garbage traits so I don't have to pick any of them up.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @echatty said:
    > > Okay, I'll give my opinion.
    > >
    > > I don't find any of them particularly hideous. Some are definitely not aesthetically pleasing, but I'd fly them if my captains wanted one.
    > >
    > > That said, I find the rotating saucer on the Crossfield to be puzzling. Plus it's huge. I like big ships, but not huge ships. And that one is reminiscent of that monstrous flying pancake with nacelles.
    > >
    > > The only truly ugly one is the Qugh. Pink accents? What self-respecting Klingon (including females) would fly around in a pink-accented ship? I like pink and all, but not on a Klingon ship. Now if I could change that color to something more appropriate? Yeah, then I might fly it.
    > >
    > > The freighter? Yeah, wouldn't mind having a freighter (complete with exchange/mail/bank access) in the C-Store. That's probably a pipe dream there, but one can hope.
    > >
    > > All in all, I wouldn't mind getting any or all of them in the game.
    >
    > Discovery actually isn't all that big, they just make it look that way with "camera angles", it's quite a bit smaller than a Constitution class. Its almost exactly the same size as Shenzhou, longer nacelles, but thats about it. There was a side by side look at them in tonight's episode.
    >
    > As far as pink on klingon ships, well in ST6 klingon blood was pink so maybe it's blood colored accents to them.

The pink blood was to soften the violence and get a lower rating, in-universe Klingon blood is red (it was at least retconned in TNG and DS9 and I think DSC doesn't use pink gag either)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Fed's
    New Orleans Class
    T6 Steam runner Class
    T6 Nova Class
    T6 Saber Class
    T6 (Proper) Ambassador

KDF
    T6 Vor'cha Class
    T6 Kar'fi
    T6 Vo'Quv Carrier

yes this
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    did you guys see the new episode today?
    I want those Terren uniforms lol XD
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I want them all I got 3 open toon spots and would love to have all of them ships plus the Mirror ones
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > I've never seen the show myself. Don't get that channel. Still, don't particularly like the rotating saucer section, it doesn't seem practical.
    >
    > Perhaps the pink represents blood, still don't like it on the ship.

Just so you know, only the outer ring of the saucer spins, and only when using the spore drive, under normal operations the ring is locked.

Yeah, I saw that in the youtube vid posted. Thanks for the heads up :) If it's only for the spore drive that isn't so bad then.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    All of the Feds are okay. All of the Klingon ships are... something else entirely.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    All of the Klingon ships are... something else entirely.

Which means adding them to STO makes for more variety in the KDF-lineup. Success!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Most of the Fed ships look pretty okay. Crossfield is still my favorite, though. Just the right amount of retro influence on a modern design. The Shepard would be my next choice. But really any and all of them would be nice.

The Klingon ships are categorically garbage, though.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Obviously all of them. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, from the lockbox ships, I am interested in all of them.

The Walker is visually my favorite, but learning the Crossfield seems to be a science ship (whatever "Science Vanguard" will really mean) she has also become a lot more interesting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Check out the designs here for reference:

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-eaglemosss-newest-ships

Which ones do you want?

Fugly...none of them.normal-2.gif​​
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Of course they did. Anything outside "normal" faction ships usually are, other than the AOY stuff.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    WELL...I was wrong. They lockboxed them. :disappointed:

What are the alternatives? C-Store? Certainly not. Not at T6 or even T5. Maybe T1 at best.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I think I've seen that Bstlh class before...

4.jpg

FLASH!

dun dun dun dun

GORDON!

KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I actually like the Walker class light exploration cruiser, and the Sarcophagus atleast in design, do wish we would have a Romulan design in the lockbox, as well as having a Kdf/Romulan design in the lobi store. I can understand that they did not have much info on romulan ships yet in the Discovery show era.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Having never watched the show I personally am not interested in acquiring the ships. Part of the fun in this game is captaining ships that I have seen in the various series and movies I've enjoyed. I do however hope they put all of the ships in game for the fans of Discovery to spend their money on. This keeps the game's lights on as it were while also making players happy; win win.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I promised myself i wouldn't get another fed ship but god i do love the Walker class so much.
    it being a lobi ship however does mean it will cost me a arm and a leg.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok