test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback: Serious Raider Shortage for ROM and FED factions - Flanking/Improved Flanking built-in

We could really use some Raiders that are related and looking specifically Federation-designed and Romulan-designed - T6 lines. And maybe some ships that are lacking in the KDF's department.

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Factional elements are not exclusively related to technology. Factions no longer MEAN something since the Solanae Dyson Joint Command concept was formed. Then the alliance. Then you got all kinds of ship for kdf and romulans in bundles. So the idea of "Factional need of feeling a special snowflake cause' I got two stacking flank bonuses" is a thing of the past.

If you want factions to mean something, submit a feedback regarding this and let the design and producers figure it out. Without any bitterness to it. Cheers!
  • Options
    The KDF has some of the best heavy cruisers out there. The Gorkon Flagship is the best cruiser I've ever seen or layed eyes on in this game. Sensor analysis, 8 weapons, can slot GW1, has enough flexibility for you to run SROs on it, has 4 tac consoles, it looks like a beast. And has a non-battle cloak.

I play all three factions and believe me, the KDF are really underrated for their potential. Both ground and space.

• Options
    The Vengeance doesn't approach the Gorkon by any means. The Vengeance was the class with a very high price to help Feds approach the Scimitar concept - tactical heavy, light pets - dreadnought.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I like the Gorkon a lot but SA lost it's offensive potential ever since cryptic decided that endgame equals zerg rush tactics with dozens of small fries that blow up in 5-10 seconds. The Vengeance has unlike the Gorkon the better spec seats for most builds, it may lack 1 sci console slot but OSS3 pumps a lot of additional power into your aux to compensate for that and to top it off the Vengeance can actually manage a front heavy build even though it takes some good piloting to pull it off. 5/3 > 4/4
    Also since we got the fleet QeHpu' (the friggin "pilot cruiser") the Gorkon isn't the only cruiser with 4 tac consoles, 3 sci consoles, and the ability to slot GW1.
    Again I like it a lot but the Gorkon is neither top dog nor without some serious competition amongst it's own ranks. Still a lovely behemoth though. <3

As for the raider issue, the KDF has 2 T6 raiders, one of them lockbox and there are 5 T6 cross faction raiders. So if anybody needs a proper T6 raider it's the friggin raider faction, not romulans and especially not the feds.
  • Options
    I find it to be one, especially if you got the 2 or 3 piece flagship set. And something tells me it might go great with a polaron sci themed dps setup. On a sci toon.

Indeed, not having 4 s12 embassy plasma poppers nerfed alot of its crazy stacked potential, but SA and a GW1 really stick nicely.

I'm gonna argue on that OSS3, Dave. EPTW3 is a holy skill, yet you could also be right.

Vengeance has the intel skill, Gorkon has the SA.

It doesn't have to be a beast, just let the romulans and federation flank stuff up with canon-like ships. Nobody said battlecloak for feds (trigger warning).

The Vengeance is a Fed Scimitar with Intel that has some issues which prevent it from being better than the T6 Scimitars or flagships. The Vengeance console is a nice thing to have. Its trait is not that impressive.

Raiders - Improved Flanking. (nobody asked for Cloak for Feds).
  • Options
    starsmurf#2978 starsmurf Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    Hi, new and play raider, might not be around long though because mad spec mistake and am now forced to pay for a respec..... I can't make a topic yet else I would be making one, but this together with the chat ban for 24 hours by default for new players, is enough to make you quit and never look back. And I thought this was at least somewhere in the ballpark of my complaint.

But, if you want more people to play something, your main issue might not be the actual ability to get a ship of this type, but to keep people playing them.

Between the not being able to ask anything and thus also making a spec mistake forcing me to fork over money or wait 10 days to have my proper spec, i'd rather just find an other game to play. That's the result this has dear developers, i'm not going to pay money for something as simple as a respec, Ships and Costumes and such sure.

So can someone tell them not to hide basic game mechanics behind a paywall ? It's not good for retaining players.
  • Options
    You don't get free respecs as a Silver user.

On the other hand, we could help the guy out with a skill respec - in the terms of telling him how to put his skills into his skilltree.

From what I've heard and seen, there are mighty KDF members who can make anything out of a raider, so there are always solutions. You just gotta ask the right people.