test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground devices for captain and BOFFs?

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
So... given that most ground devices seem to be consumable and disappear very quickly if running 4 boffs, what are some good alternative, permanent devices? I have been running with a tribble, a weakness finder, and a Tholian/Romulan/Reman buddy but these are depleting far more quickly than I prefer to replenish.

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'd stop using them if the up keepis getting to be annoying.

I give all my boffs a tribble, a Frequency Remodulator, and a Rebreather, the last slot I just throw in whatever devices I happen to have.

if your really want to keep the combat pets there are a few in the c store that don't have a use limt, they do have a somewhat long cooldown though, and you have to pay for each one.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    My captain carries:
    - a gambling device to boost crit hit, crit severity and dodge; available at the exchange
    - frosted boots to increase run speed; available at the winter event
    - the Shard of possibilities if things go south; available from the mission “Boldly They Rode” (not sure if you can get it at all times or only during events...)
    - a combat-pet, e.g. a Horta; available from the mission “Mine Enemy”

My BOffs carry:
    - 3 IDIC tribbles - one on each proficiency - for the team-wide boni; available from the ZEN store
    - 1 Radan Tribble for the damage and shield boost; available from the Phoenix prize pack (uncommon token)
    - each - except the BOff wearing the Omega Force ground set - a Fractal Remodulator if we run into Borg; available by crafting on the Borg Invasion of Defera; a basic Frequency Remodulator is available for free from the replicator
    - I fill remaining slots with consumables, like large hypos, shield charges and power cells...

Check out the STO wiki for details on the devices: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

If anyone has additional tips to improve ground equipment, I'd highly appreciate as well :)
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    My captains are currently carrying a Shard if they have it (yes it is only during events) and a Daring or a Kelvin tribble. My +1 BOFF is carrying a Solonae tribble, an Ophidian Cane if they have it, a Triolic post thingie, and for the few lucky enough to have it, the combat horta. My other three doffs now have Kelvin tribbles and that's about it. I'll look into the gambling devices, thanks. I do hate frosted boots though, always seem to be more trouble than they're worth.

It should be noted that I have 20 level 60 characters.
  • hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @mneme0 said:
    > It should be noted that I have 20 level 60 characters.

That sounds like a lot of work, dude ;)
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    > @mneme0 said:
    > It should be noted that I have 20 level 60 characters.

That sounds like a lot of work, dude ;)

They kind of pile up over time, like dust bunnies.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    All my Boffs have the Kelvin Timeline Tribble; the exception are Klingons because Tribbles do not like them, therefore petting a Tribble simply causes it to make a high pitch squeal in protest. I mean... come on... that is uncalled for discrimination just because a Klingon would rather skewer a Tribble and then grill it with seasoning. The Boffs that I use in the Voth Battlezone also have large hypos and large shield batteries.

Many of my characters have the Gambling Device. I generally wait for 'em to drop to a certain price point before buying them. They also have large hypos and large shield batteries... just in case of emergencies in elite ground queues.