test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IF we get a Cardassian origin story...

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Wouldn't a Cardassian origin story more or less be a copy of the Romulan one?

I will welcome and even pay for some Cardassian action, now that is a Race that you just love to hate, they got that snake appearance, stupid looking ships, and they have that **** WWII thing going......... I just love killing them, I wish STO would offer a Slaughter the Cardassians Daily Mission, where you break through there defenses and launch a poisonous device into the atmosphere of there inhabited planets, that would be fun............ well got just a few more hours until those satellites need repaired again.

You could always make a KDF character and do this every day: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Empire_Defense_Against_Cardassian_Aggression

I am not sure why Wiki does not show the Dilithium rewards.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    why does anyone think there will BE playable cardassians? the next big thing is the gamma quadrant, so if anything Vorta or Jem'hadar playables would make more sense.
    The big problem I see with playable Jem'Hadar and Vorta is that they serve the Dominion, who, besides the 2800 event, and the Iconian War, have been out of the story this whole time. It's even a plot point that Sela has to go to the GQ to "find" The Dominion and get them to join the resistance against the Iconians because basically no one has talked to them since the end of the Dominion War becuase they essentially put up a "No alpha/Beta Quadrant species allowed" sign on their pillow fort for the last few decades.

I don't really see how they would get the Vorta and Jem'Hadar playable characters into the rest of the game due to that.

That being said, we do know the Federation has been working with the Tosk, Paradans, and Karemma, and the Klingon Empire has been working with the Hunters, Dosi, and Wadi, so those races could be added to the existing playable factions.
    As soon as you unlock the doff system, you can do assignments that reward vorta and jem'hadar duty officers. You can also get jem'hadar bridge officer. So obviously vorta and jem'hadar officers are joining us, no reason they couldn't be player controlled, too.

And besides, if they want to have playable whatever, they'll just do it and leave the explanations to imagination. Like they gave us playable talaxians from tutorial even though we don't make contact with the delta quadrant until the dyson arc.
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    After romulans...cardassians are my 2nd favourites so i would be very happy to see more about them. And certainly there are very nice story possibilities even an alliance between true way and tal'shiar.

I loved garak character. So yes! Would be great to see him back!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well Cardassian's are my first favorite with Romulan's as second favorite as far as alien species are concerned, but I don't think there's any other alien species which I like though.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Something that could be done on Cardassia Prime would be to have a series of missions that take place on the planet... same situation as we have seen on Nimbus III, New Romulus, and Hathon. No need for a revamp of AQ space. With the inclusion of the Dominion to the next expansion, the idea of fleshing out Cardassia Prime for the aforementioned mission arc does seem unlikely.

But it could happen if the devs decide to do an AoY(ish) recruiting event and have Cardassia Prime as the starting point. On top of that, have the Dominion’s arrival and our subsequent dealings with them be part of a tie-in series with the Cardassians. New characters do a series of missions on the planet, achieve a certain level, then continue as a Fed or KDF-aligned character. From that point until they come to the new Dominion arc, or whatever new content we will be getting, it will be a normal storyline progression.

Speculation, of course...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The only way I see a TOS type introduction of Cardassian ships is if they develop a joint venture Fed-Cardassian ship design, with new type of ships (more sells), leaving out the iconic ships for the True Way, so they don't need to touch the lockbox ships and give them more room to grow.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They have updated older content in an Arc already updated aka substituting Geordi in an older Mission so we now know him in the Galaxy Bridge Advertisement Featured Episode. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I never said anything about about revamping anything. Retconning is not the same thing as revamping. So that you don't need to try again, I have included a link to a definition of retcon.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=retcon+definition

'Providing a superior level of support to enhance your visit'. o:)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns