test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Snowball asistance

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
Is there a way to increase the effects of snowballs against other players, maybe get a knockback or knockdown?

Comments

• syriliansyrilian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    If they still sell the from the ferengi vendor/rep store buy those.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    ironmako wrote: »
    Is there a way to increase the effects of snowballs against other players, maybe get a knockback or knockdown?

Nope all of those effects were cried over as griefing by a number of people in the forums, so cryptic removed anything that might be used to knockdown or knockback anyone with a snowball, unmelting or not.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah...no...lets not. Been there, done that. Bad idea back than, bad idea now.

Personally, didn't care about the knockdown in ESD or WW in general...but the fact that people started to use these on racers is what really made me go to the other side of ban it, ban it now. I HOPED it was the griefers...but settled for the snowballs.

OH that's why they changed that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    I remember years ago I ould get a knockdown on players, I didn't realise they had changed it for whiny babies... The people complaining must be a hoot IRL.

• hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Maybe I missed it so far, but where can you actually do PvP in Winter Wonderland to begin with?
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Reminds me of the biothermal dampener being able to literally freeze players in place. Personally, I'm glad they've removed things that hamper my ability to play the game. I don't need mean people pushing me out of menus and keeping me from winning the wonderland race.

And really, what advantages does the return of knockback from snowballs actually present? Aside from the ability to be a complete jerk to everyone around you, of course.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Maybe I missed it so far, but where can you actually do PvP in Winter Wonderland to begin with?

The race for Capture the flag is the only PvP allowed. I think Neverwinter got it right though, They have, during the Summer event, a water fight between the players. Its only open at certain times, and if you don't want to participate you don't go to the area. Add that event to the WW, so you get a new event designed for PVP while the event is open, people in the area can use the full effect of snow balls, including the knockdown. Event is over all goes back to normal.

Put it happening in the woods, add in a few more piles of snowballs, Winner.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck