test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

900 Lobi crystals

iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
I have played for a while but taking very long times off. Somehow I have saved up 900 lobi crystals. What should I buy? I don't really feel the need for just an uber ship, but an uber console off one of those ships might be worth it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Not sure the consoles from the ships are worth spending 900 lobi on. Better to spend it on some of the standalone sets maybe? Very much depends on your setup really. If you rely on energy weapons, then the bounty hunter's friend is a good buy (-10% power cost on energy weapons) with a decent resist buff. There is also a more recent one that has +40 accurancy, if you do PvP that's really handy, or even if you don't that +40 makes FAW III actually worth using again.

If you enjoy ground, the herald tactical armor is arguably one of the best, especially if you upgrade it. Lots to choose from, so my suggestion is to browse everything and choose based on what you will make best use of. We could all offer our opinions endlessly, but we don't know your setup.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Also, if you don't need anything now you could wait for a 20% off sale. 180 lobi less for a ship would be nice.
  • iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Oh, I didn't know they had those Dave, thanks, I may wait, some of the ships I see are pretty impressive.

Thank you Altran I will browse through the things to see how they are. Some of my weapons have accuracy and I don't seem to have problems hitting but I don't tend to elite space because I am intimidated by the epeen folks on the boards lol
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    If you're not sure I would definitely wait awhile and think it over. Your lobi will be there when you've made your decision. For recommendations I own the Herald armor and Herald staff. Both of those on my primary toon have been a nasty combo for ground. For ship items I would strongly recommend the Tachyokinetic Converter and the Bioneural Infusion Circuits. The Tachyokinetic Converter is basically a RCS console slammed together with an Assimilated Module from Omega reputation. It gives crit chance, crit severity, and a good chunk of turn rate. The Bioneural also gives 25% crit severity once you max it out, which is a huge bonus. All of the items have their uses, it just depends on what you want to do ship wise and such. Hope that helps.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Lobi sales are pretty rare, but yeah.. they do happen.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Bio-Neural infusion Circuits, I use it on a few of my characters. I like the Broadside Emitters off the Vengeance as well just for the 12% bonus to recharge speeds. The damage output is middle of the road and best used only on Phaser Builds, but it's still a pretty good console and comes on a stellar ship.

You can also look at the Astika for the Trait, it's really very powerful and worth having.

Otherwise, you're best off putting it toward ground stuff if there isn't a ship you're just dying to acquire.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    900 lobi translates to ~$200. So if nothing jumps out at you as something you just gotta have, then don't.

My advice with lobi is to transfer you character to Tribble and buy stuff there to test drive. If you like it then buy it on Holodeck. And don't forget you can transfer to Tribble over and over; so you can buy everything there to try it.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I have played for a while but taking very long times off. Somehow I have saved up 900 lobi crystals. What should I buy? I don't really feel the need for just an uber ship, but an uber console off one of those ships might be worth it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just a note, only the NX Refit and Kelvin Timeline Dreadnought (aka Vengeance) ship consoles can be used on any ship, all the rest of the consoles from ships can only be used on ships of that set. NX Refit's console is really nice if you like torps or want to use it in the set for the bonus. The Vengeance's console isn't as nice as it once was, thanks to power to damage curves being changed, but the passive Captain ability cooldown is decent.
    Oh, I didn't know they had those Dave, thanks, I may wait, some of the ships I see are pretty impressive.

Thank you Altran I will browse through the things to see how they are. Some of my weapons have accuracy and I don't seem to have problems hitting but I don't tend to elite space because I am intimidated by the epeen folks on the boards lol

I would focus on the Lobi consoles, and ignore the three-set space weapons for the most part. The already mentioned Bio-Neural Infusion Circuits give a large boost to Critical Damage and a decent boost to your Hull HP. The Tachyokinetic Converter is an old classic, giving critical hit chance and severity, though it shows up less often on high-end builds than it used to. Note: The Stats Lobi consoles show prior to purchase are the level-scaling ones, but after purchase you can right click and 'Upgrade' and they'll go Mk XII and increase their stats. Lobi consoles tend to scale very well with both mark and rarity, so upgrading them to MK XIV Epic is advisable.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The Vengeance's console isn't as nice as it once was, thanks to power to damage curves being changed, but the passive Captain ability cooldown is decent.

Yeah, but still fun to put on a shuttle during shuttle event weekend! ;)

• ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Probably the optimal thing to do with the lobi is by using the lobi to buy a ship that you sell for EC.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The only things I bought from the Lobi Store are weapons. Specifically the Advanced Herald Anti-Proton Beam Projector (staff) and the Boolean Cannon. I found the staff to be a bit lack luster so I stopped using it about 2 or 3 weeks after getting it. I might give it another try since it has been about a year since I last touched it. The Boolean Cannon is more useful, but I only carry it around as a secondary weapon to use against ground bosses due to it's relatively slow firing rate and long (12 second) cooldown on the secondary fire mod.

I will like buy more Boolean Cannons since they do come in handy from time to time especially for Tactical characters with the Deadly Intent kit module (though it did get nerfed some time ago since it was deemed to be OP)..
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'm currently sat on a stack and a bit of lobi because there's not been anything that's really grabbed me.

Best bit of advice given here is to copy over to tribble and try out the ships if any catch your eye.

Also wait for a sale, they are rare but given the premium level of the currency much much better to wait for a sale.

900 for a ship is to my mind too much given the method of obtaining lobi in the first place has moved the currency from a consolation prize to some super ultra currency you'd sell your granny for. They should have kept the top end ships at 800 and reduced the cost for t5's with shuttles being reduced as well given how rarely the game wants folk to use them.

The tachy convertor console is really nice as are some of the ground weapons.

For the love of spock NEVER use lobi to buy tokens for getting a freebie ship early the amount you get is random and barely makes a dent unless you spend hundreds of lobi.